Happy Birthday, Leonard!

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
Kiwi56

Re: Happy Birthday, Leonard!

Post by Kiwi56 »

Dear Leonard,
wishing you all the best for your 80th birthday... and every day
you continue to bless this planet!
You are the hero of my life,
thank you for your lyrics, your words of wisdom, your unforgettable music,
just for everything!

Love Karin
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona
Tanja

Post by Tanja »

Dear Leonard,
Since I was 17, for almost 25 years now, you have been my favourite musician and you have been part of my life. Your music is beautiful, meaningful and still surprising me from time to time (even after having listened to it for so many times). I love your voice, it just touches my heart. Thank you so much for your music!
Have a great birthday, I wish you all the best for now and the future.

Take care!
Tanja
tigrib

Post by tigrib »

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and all the best!

Birgit
2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
rike

Post by rike »

Dear Leonard Cohen,

Back in the early 1970s, there once was a chance to meet you in person, at the Fledermaus in Vienna. But I didn't. I never met you and that was all right because your poetry, your voice−on paper, in recitation, in song−has stayed with me all those many years. I am still listening and would like to thank you and congratulate you as you celebrate your eightieth birthday.

May all the happiness and joy you aspire to and care to accommodate be yours. And may you keep on singing for years to come. Happy Birthday, LC.

Yours,

Rike
"...A manual for living with defeat..."
Neophyte

Post by Neophyte »

You've enriched my life so much with your words and music, Leonard, and I'm so grateful that you're still at it at eighty. Enjoy your entry into octogenarianism and may you feel the joy forever that you bring to all of us!
Love always,
Carol
Hallelujah!!!
Peggi

Post by Peggi »

Happy Birthday!
G-d Bless you with good health and happiness together with those you hold dear- for many years to come.
I selfishly ask you to please - don't start smoking again.
with love
crystal

Post by crystal »

Dear Leonard Cohen,
your music has has been with me now for 43 years. Now on your 80th bithday you give us the gift of new and wonderful songs.
Thank you so much for this and have a good birthday. Stay healthy and be happy. And if you have this first cigarette today enjoy it.
From Berlin, Christel
Judy

Post by Judy »

Yes, please put off smoking again for another ten years .... :)
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Happy Birthday , Leonard , and thank you Thank you for the pleasure your music has brought over the years , and the meaning and sometimes solace that your wonderful words have brought

Hope to see you again down the road one day , have a good one !

All the best wishes , Steve
Nefelly

Post by Nefelly »

To our Dearest Man, Mr. Leonard. Efharisto para poli for the avalanche of amazing work you have shared with us. We are all so blessed to be on this earth with you. May you celebrate this day with joy and happiness with your Family. Nefellly
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Happy birthday, Leonard. I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating with your family and friends. Thank you for the years of joy and comfort that your words and music have given me.

With love,
Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
mrt

Post by mrt »

Dear Leonard,

best wishes to your 80th birthday and may God ( 'maybe there's a God above') take
care of you.
Thank you so much for everything you have given to all of us over all these years.

Grateful regards

Alfred
Carla

Post by Carla »

Dear Leonard, happy 80th birthday! I wish you good health, a lot of happiness and love with family and friends. Thank you very much for the new CD of yours and I am looking forward to your new concert in Europe.
With love and many regards,

Karla
surrender

Post by surrender »

Dear Leonard,
for your birthday, in the midst of Sheloshim for your dear sisther Esther I wish you joy of shared memories, peace and love.
May you have a healthy and wonderful year!

Gassho,
Jarmila
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
Deena

Post by Deena »

Here is my small, imperfect drop in this ocean of love and appreciation of you, Leonard, and everything you have given. I wish you serenity, health, vitality and laughter on your birthday, and always.
A thousand kisses,
Deena

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”