Happy Birthday, Leonard!

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
jeremek

Re: Happy Birthday, Leonard!

Post by jeremek »

Dear Leonard

For your art I can wear you on my hands (shoulders :) ). That would be sweet burden...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
port Sept.2014
port Sept.2014
and a special supplement: for the bench in Greece we have to wait; "my bench" is already ;-)
bench
bench
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Happy Birthday, Mr. Cohen!

Hartmut
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

Wishing you a very happy and restful 80th birthday, Leonard. Your music consistently provides joy, humour, consolation and illumination. Your live shows are perfection. If there are more (and, selfishly, I hope there will be), I'll definitely be in the audience!

Tom
London o2 July 2008 and Nov 2008, NYC (Radio City Music Hall) May 2009, Weybridge July 2009, Lille Sept 2010, Las Vegas Dec 2010, Wembley 8 and 9 Sept 2012, Dublin Sept 2012, Paris Sept 2012, London 02 June 2013, Leeds Sept 2013, London o2 Sept 2013 ... and hopefully more to come.
Annick

Post by Annick »

Dear Leonard,
For this very special morning
I wish you a hummingbird on your shoulder
whispering 'happy birthday' in your ear,
its wings murmuring love words like silk
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate

06/1976 Nancy - 07/2008 Bruges - 10/2008 Bruxelles - 08/2009 Colmar - 08/2012 Ghent - 06/2013 Bruxelles
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Dear Leonard.... I wish you a very Happy Birthday.

With love from Joy xx
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

LC80.jpg
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
depe

Post by depe »

Have a happy one Leonard, I cannot thank you enough for all the pleasure your concerts and music have given me over the years. How wonderful it would be to visit Hydra and sit on the bench we have comissioned, to find you sitting there too contemplating the ocean! Hope we can see you tour again and I can't wait for the new music.
Weybridge, Lille, O2, Wembley, O2, Brighton, Dublin, O2, Rotterdam
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Happy 80th Birthday Leonard! :D

Your journey through life, as reflected in a significant way through everything you have provided us over the years, has enriched my life... it has resonated deeply with me, helped me understand myself better, reaffirmed what is important to me. 8)

Thank you so much and enjoy your day in whatever way you choose to.

Warmest regards and best wishes for the future,
Andrew D. :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

Happy 80th birthday, Leonard! Thank you for the magnificent new album. I'll be listening on your birthday...and forever.
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by sarsina »

Dear Leonard,
You taught me the meaning of peace... Thank you for everything. May God bless you !
For your birthday I will be playing my harp in Belgium (no secret chord, though)
With love,
Nancy
e rennie

Post by e rennie »

Keep it simple. Namaste.

Elizabeth
littlefifteen

Post by littlefifteen »

Hello, Mr.Cohen. I want you knew that tomorrow, saturday, in Carabanchel (neighborhood in the south of Madrid city), a group of fans and friends will celebrate your birthday. You are sincerely invited. The celebration will be in Bar Caravaca (Virgen de Belén Street, number 29; from 10:00 pm till 01:00 am). It woul have reserved a site and a seat for you during all night (the Cohen Corner), with a hat and a glass of wine. At 12 o'clock, birthday cake (chocolate sacher) and champagne. When you want it, Mr. Cohen.

Millions of hugs from Spain. And thank you for all, dear Leonard.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Dear Leonard,

Thank you for the gift of your exquisite Voice, which has been my companion, my beacon, my sustenance, & so much more, for so many, many years.

You are the One who awakens my heart.

May you be surrounded with love & may your heart be at ease, on this day & always.

May the long-time sun shine upon you forever.

Thank you for your beautiful new album & I hope you will keep on singing & carrying on for a very long time.

Happy Birthday.

Love,

Rachel
Doris

Post by Doris »

Dearest Leonard,
Congratulations and G-d´s blessings to your 80th birthday. I wish you to feel always the love and peace in your heart, that lives always there and that there is peace and love in the hearts of the people who surround you. And my heartfelt wish is that you are doing in your coming year this what is good for you, go on tour or not, create a new album or do nothing at all.

With deep love
Doris
And all I´ve said
was just instead of
Coming back to you.
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Happy birthday Mr. Cohen.
Thank you for the lyrics and music.

Monique and Antoine

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”