Happy Birthday, Leonard!

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
Boss

Re: Happy Birthday, Leonard!

Post by Boss »

Leonard,

I just put your CD on. I often do it. You see you are like a Gibran to me. Someone to follow, someone to find calm. You can search for love anywhere. Sometimes you find it - explicit, crisp, raw. Sometimes you just eat it all up and then get offered seconds.

At this milestone I wish you much, but mainly I wish you happiness. May Esther be close today.

Thank you so,
Adam
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
KatLaw

Post by KatLaw »

Dear Leonard,
Happy birthday! Thank you for sharing your light with us all and may God bless you with good health and many more happy birthdays.
Peace, love, and safe travels,
Kathy
2012: Austin, Denver, Boston
2013: Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans
JaneBK

Post by JaneBK »

Enjoy a V8 and a cigarette. May the poetry and music continue.
Jane
bogra

Post by bogra »

Dearest Leonard!
Happy Happy 80 Birthday!! Thank you so much for all your songs, which are deeply imprinted in our hearts!
May you please have many more enjoyable years. We love you, Aad and Gery xxx
2008: Amsterdam / 2009: Antwerp / 2010: Strasbourg - Las Vegas / 2012: Gent - Amsterdam - Dublin - Verona - Lisbon / 2013: Brussels - Lucca - Rotterdam - Amsterdam - Perth - Melbourne
dreamermusic

My own birthday present

Post by dreamermusic »

Dear Leonard,

I wish you a very happy birthday, and even though you do not celebrate it at all, as you've said, take it as an alibi to light your first cigarrette after so many years.

My best present in life is to be living in the same period as you, so I've had the great pleasure of having access to your entire work. Thank you so much for having kept it alive throughout all these years for us to enjoy and give our lives a deeper meaning.

Hope you like my birthday present, my covers of Hunter's Lullaby and Almost Like The Blues, which I recorded for a Russian Tribute Project for you, which is going to be posted today throughout the day (Russian Website http://www.lcohen.ru) as your birthday present from the Russian Community and me (deeply honoured) as guest (I'm from Spain), .

My best wishes.

Sincerely,
a faithful worshiper fan ;-)
-Madrid 1993 (standing up face to face to Leonard, leaning my arms upon the stage (no cams, no security line), my hands touched Cohen's feet!) (talked to Cohen for 20 minutes after concert!!!)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-Madrid 2012 (1st row centred facing Leonard!!)
-FOREVER
MarthaG

Post by MarthaG »

Happy Birthday!
frankmutter

Post by frankmutter »

Picasso once said that it takes a long time to become young. Reckon we all see that you became what you are...

Wait another 10 years to start smoking, even though i don´t know what I am talking about. ...

Sincere blessing for you and your beloved ones.

Happy birthday, by the way and thank you for your hard work

Frank Mutter aka Augenstein Hannot
bluesaint

Post by bluesaint »

Peter and Angie wish to Thankyou so much for the all wonderful memories we have from your concerts,your songs will live in our hearts forever. Happy 80th Birthday Leonard.
Caren

Post by Caren »

Heartfelt happy birthday wishes to you, dear Leonard. Have a wonderful day and an even better year ahead. Many happy returns!

Thank you for the poetry in my life. And the music. And everything.

Caren xx
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

I wish you a very Happy 80.th Birthday, dear Leonard, and hope you have wonderful day. No gift can be enough to thank you for your beautiful music, lyrics and texts, which have brought comfort and joy, understanding and wisdom and a community of friends all over the world to our lives.
Happy, Happy Birthday :)
Amrei & family
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
merton

Post by merton »

Happy 80th birthday Leonard. Be it slow or fast long may you run.

All the best,
merton
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Leonard, Heres to many many more.

Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Mary72

Post by Mary72 »

Happy Merry Birthday, Leonard Cohen!
Deeply grateful for the reminder that life happens here and right now.
I truly wish you have a wonderful day in the company of your beloved ones and cigarette.
I'll celebrate it, like many others of us, by playing your songs, reading your poems and blowing your candles!!
Long Life to you my dear Poet!
So long, Maria Viana
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Dear Leonard,

Happy Birthday from a 60-year old kid with the dream that many more years will follow. Many many thanks for your songs through all these years.

Stranger
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".
teaandoranges

Post by teaandoranges »

L. Cohen - Thank you for sharing your extraordinary gifts so generously. Should you choose to hit the road one more time, we look forward to spending a few hours with you again in California. Happy 80th!

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”