Leonard 80 years: Fund Raising for our Hydra Bench

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
Tripping

Re: Leonard 80 years: Fund Raising for our Hydra Bench

Post by Tripping »

This thread is old.
But then, so am I.

For what it is worth and if there is any cash left, after the completion of the bench,
if we ever find a place where nobody will complain about it,
I vote for any left-over cash to go to Hydra Ark.

I have been in touch with the Hydra Ark people since our visit this year
and I do believe that they deserve and need help.
Marseilles 2010, Barcelona 2012, London 2013, Amsterdam 2013. Hoping for more ..
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Agree 100% with Tripping that surplus bench funds go to HydraArk to help defray some of their expenses in helping the animals of Hydra. Animal organizations hardly ever receive government grants and assistance, so excess bench funds going to HydraArk would help fill a void. From what I've read about LC, there was always a warm spot in his heart for animals.

4inthemorning

PS: Tripping, we met at Barcelona in 2012; still quite amazed that you walked all the way from center city to the concert! May we meet again if Leonard gets the touring itch.
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Reptile

Post by Reptile »

Mr Cohen music help save me soul. IF it weren't for the language and the detail that's bang on. I was on the drink hard, the codein, the weed, smokes.

no booze but still on the others!

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”