The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
Townes

Re: The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

Post by Townes »

It seems the same issue has caused it to be pulled in North America too.
From amazon.com:

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

jerry

Post by jerry »

What is the exact issue?
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
Townes

Post by Townes »

jerry wrote:What is the exact issue?
That is the million $ question.
I can find nothing else online about it.
jerry

Post by jerry »

Whatever it is it must be significant for Amazon to loose what could be many sales.
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
surrender

Post by surrender »

I hope the problem is only the printed word (still quite annoying) - there is a wrong order of the songs in the information leaflet; at least on the 3CD/DVD item I've received from the Bol.com/nl.
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
jerry

Post by jerry »

surrender wrote:I hope the problem is only the printed word (still quite annoying) - there is a wrong order of the songs in the information leaflet; at least on the 3CD/DVD item I've received from the Bol.com/nl.
Does Amazon usually stop selling a cd because of a typo? I've never seen them do that.
Leonard Cohen
surrender

Post by surrender »

Jerry, you are absolutely right, that's not the problem. I've messed it up - watching Dutch TV with the shortened version of the concert....My excuses.
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
LenMaster

Post by LenMaster »

It could be that they have problems with the EAN digit. When i ordered my copy through bol.com i received the wrong item because there was a mix up with the EAN.
Gentle Reader

Post by Gentle Reader »

Mine came on Saturday......watched the whole thing last night and found it above all expectations! Having never seen a Leonard concert in person, I cannot make that comparison, but this dvd is visually stunning, Leonard and the band members sound heavenly, and I am so grateful that Leonard seemed to be enjoying the band, and the crowd so immensely. And his humor, so cute! Love this dvd, and hopefully everyone will soon have this in their library to enjoy over and over again! And the bonus songs......
rnielsen

Post by rnielsen »

On my DVD starting with his solo on Bird On The Wire Neil Larsen is virtually inaudible. Anyone else have that problem ?
LenMaster

Post by LenMaster »

The mix certainly is different then what we are used to in some cases. I am not sure this is the reason for the remarks sofar. Concerning the organ, it seems to be indeed lower in the mix after the solo in some cases, in other cases i can hear it well, but i don't consider it a problem as such.
DavidfromEaling

Post by DavidfromEaling »

My MacBook Pro with new DVD player just rejects it.
DavidfromEaling

Post by DavidfromEaling »

Now I've put my glasses on, I've noticed that although I ordered the DVD from Amazon, they've sent me the Blu-ray, which doesn't play on a Mac. Oh well, I've ordered the DVD for my brother for Christmas, so when that arrives I'll see it it works! Having listened to all the CDs - and found them brilliant - not sure I can return the whole lot.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Some Everybody Knows-related staff from Instagram of Naomi Scully, a member of LC technical/management crew (PopPro, Dublin, Can't Forget):

https://instagram.com/p/xCr6O_BvpY/ (photo)
https://instagram.com/p/xCslChBvq4/ (short video)

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”