The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
John Etherington

Re: The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

Post by John Etherington »

This is a welcome release, as it will be good to have an official DVD of a complete concert - or, as Bennyboy has already pointed out, a complete concert minus "I've Got a Little Secret" (which apparently came between "Chelsea Hotel"and "Waiting For the Miracle"). It will be good to have the "Old Ideas" songs live - especially "Show Me the Place" and "Different Sides" which we didn't get in London and Brighton. It will also be good to have Sharon Robinson's wonderful live version of "Alexandra Leaving". As has been noted, everyone will have their personal favourite omissions. Mine is "Born in Chains" which I haven't heard live, and which I would like to have with the first verse sung instead of spoken. I see that twenty of the thirty songs included are also on "Live in London", but there's an inevitability to that.

This DVD sets a new benchmark in live concert recording prices - £33 on Amazon, which is roughly the same as my favourite Leonard live album "Live Songs" cost in shillings! That said, it's quite reasonable when considering the £100 + that Dylan is charging for his 6 CD "Basement Tapes" set. I will probably wait till after Christmas when the price will no doubt be slashed in the sales. I tend to only play live DVDs in full a couple of times anyway, since I prefer to keep the live experience special. However, it will be great to have the DVD for posterity, assuming that I outlive Leonard's touring years. :)
Last edited by John Etherington on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

John Etherington wrote:This DVD sets a new benchmark in live concert recording prices - £33 on Amazon, which is roughly the same as my favourite Leonard live album "Live Songs" cost in shillings!
Same here - 32/6 if I remember rightly John! But, to put it in context, my annual student grant was less then than my monthly pension is now ....

Actually, Amazon UK has 3 listings for Live in Dublin, all of them wrong as they are all listed as audio CDs.

- A 3 CD set for £22.09
- A 4 CD set for £24.83
- A 4 CD set for £33.11

I have pre-ordered the middle price on the assumption this is the DVD and written to Amazon to get their clarification. I expect to get gobbledygook and platitudes back in return but there is plenty of time to cancel and re-order elsewhere at a cheaper price if necessary.

Wendy
maroo

Post by maroo »

WOW!!! really good news...

even if I was on the 11th concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :cry: :roll: :cry: :oops:
Dublin 14/15th September 2012
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

maroo wrote:WOW!!! really good news...

even if I was on the 11th concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :cry: :roll: :cry: :oops:

then you have the best of both worlds!

you have your beautiful memories of the concert on the 11th, and can "attend" the second gig via the dvd!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I got the expected rubbish answer from Amazon. They said they had to check the stock in their fulfillment warehouse to correct the listings! Wonder which part of pre-order now, released on 1 December Amazon Customer Services didn't understand?!

Aaaargh .......

W
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I got the expected rubbish answer from Amazon. They said they had to check the stock in their fulfillment warehouse to correct the listings! Wonder which part of pre-order now, released on 1 December Amazon Customer Services didn't understand?!

Aaaargh .......

W
As you imply , quite inadequate descriptions at this stage. For a start , the '4 cds ' presumably means 3 cds and a dvd or blu ray .Plausibly the more expensive one is blu ray rather than DVD , but i'll await clarification and look at how the prices stabilise before ordering . A blu ray , on a big full HD television ,attached to a good sound system should be an excellent experience :D

And in case you haven't seen it on the other thread:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premi ... e-20141016
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

cohenadmirer wrote: A blu ray , on a big full HD television ,attached to a good sound system should be an excellent experience :D
Might well be but we don't have any of them!

W
dick

Post by dick »

Amazon US shows the set as 3 cds and a dvd, but no where yet does the availability of bluray get mentioned. I have asked twice for help (phone and chat) and am told they have no indication of bluray option, but will refer it up the line. Hopefully will be able to pre-order the right set soon!
mutti

Post by mutti »

I too am waiting to order the set with the BluRay. I assume it will get posted one of these days. I am in no rush but am excited to have this.
I am hoping that PBS will pick this up the way they did with "Live in London'. They still show it once in awhile and people mention seeing Leonard singing on TV. I hope soon they will show 'Live in Dublin'!
Leslie
Last edited by mutti on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
maroo

Post by maroo »

songwriter wrote:
maroo wrote:WOW!!! really good news...

then you have the best of both worlds!

you have your beautiful memories of the concert on the 11th, and can "attend" the second gig via the dvd!
Thanks, you are right!!!!!!!!!!!
Dublin 14/15th September 2012
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Marie
Speaking Cohen
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Jarkko and I spoke with Robert this morning. He confirmed that this is what will be available with Live In Dublin:

MP3 (downloads)
3 CD set
3CD/DVD set
DVD
3CD/Blu-Ray set
Blu-Ray

SONY has been made aware of the confusing and incomplete offerings on the various Amazon sites worldwide. Each Amazon site has to be programmed separately by a different person for each country. SONY is contacting the individuals responsible for the Amazon programming in each country and working on having the listings corrected. This could take up to two weeks but most sites should be corrected much sooner.

Please be patient and please continue to try the Amazon site in your country to pre-order the product that you want.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Every product has an EAN number of its own. You may use these to search for the products
BluRay 0888750321497
DVD 0888750321398
3CD 0888750318626
BluRay + 3 CD 0888750355928
DVD+3CD 0888750355829

(Note: I have copied these numbers from cdon.com and those are not confirmed by other sources)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks Marie and Jarkko ---- My 3cd blu ray pre-order now placed with Amazon US.

Is it December yet? :-)
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thanks Marie and Jarkko from me too! Order placed on Amazon US for BluRay/DVD/3CD just now.
Looking forward to this!
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”