Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
regensburg

Re: Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

Post by regensburg »

Oh that would be sooo great. DVD and a 2nd CD maybe? Everybody is very busy right now it seems. We are all so anxious.
jerry

Post by jerry »

It looks like a release date of Dec 1. Live In Dublin. 4 cds! dvd. Credit goes to Dominique BOILE and Alan Showalter for this info.

http://1heckofaguy.com/2014/10/07/leona ... ec-1-2014/

http://www.amazon.fr/Live-Dublin-Leonar ... nard+cohen
Last edited by jerry on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
galwayowen

Post by galwayowen »

Wonderful,2 amazing concerts,cant wait,but must!great!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Cdon.com also lists the BluRay version.
http://cdon.fi/musiikki/cohen%2c_leonar ... d-30017173
The 4 disc set has one dvd and three audio cds
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jerry

Post by jerry »

What's with the 01-12-2014 date on the link above?
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
fayg29

Post by fayg29 »

I loved the 2012 Kilmainham, Dublin concert so much I had to come back again in 2013 and was at O2 on Sept 11, exactly a year after the previous one. I saw two more concerts in 2013 at Geelong and Melbourne in Australia. But in terms of audience ambiance and interaction with Leonard and the band, they didn't compare to Dublin. LC and band were perfect at every performance, of course. I'd love a Live in Dublin cd and/or dvd.
2010: Hanging Rock
2012: Kilmainham
2013: Dublin
2013: The Hill Winery, Geelong
2013: The Palais, Melbourne
astranger

Post by astranger »

can't wait to find out which date this will be from; 90% sure it's from the 12th considering Got A Little Secret won't be included, which makes me wonder if they will sub that for Night Comes On. I know we're not too good with the whole "patience" thing around here; can't wait for the official announcement still!
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Great to have some concrete news about this long promised treasure , and the confirmation that it will be Dublin 2013.
I wasn't there , but have faith the bluray will superbly offer a good impression of what it would have been like
Hope that it will be possible to buy the DVD/Bluray without the CDs and vice versa but if not so be it !
Last edited by cohenadmirer on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
jerry

Post by jerry »

I'm really surprised that the Dublin set is coming out so soon after Popular Problems was released. It's almost unheard of to release a new studio album and then a few months later follow it with a 4 disc set. You would think that the record company would want all of the focus on Popular Problems for at least the next several months.
Leonard Cohen
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

jerry wrote:I'm really surprised that the Dublin set is coming out so soon after Popular Problems was released. It's almost unheard of to release a new studio album and then a few months later follow it with a 4 disc set. You would think that the record company would want all of the focus on Popular Problems for at least the next several months.
Don't give them ideas. ;-) I am looking forward to our early Christmas present from Leonard!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

Is it possible that the Live DVD release was scheduled before they knew there'd be a new album?
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

musicmania wrote: I am looking forward to our early Christmas present from Leonard!
Well said, Musicmania. So am I .
Don't care which night is chosen, was there both nights and both were great, just as long as "Night comes on ", ( the first LC song I noticed and fell in love with - SO great to hear it live on 11th.! ) is on either the DVD or CD !
Ring the bells that still can ring...
JudasPriest

Post by JudasPriest »

I wasn't mad on the recording quality of the Live In London release either in terms of sound or the visuals but thankfully things were much improved on both fronts with Songs From The Road so hopefully the standards shown on the latter will be at least maintained. Very much looking forward to this release needless to say.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The quality of the HD BluRay will be equal to the Auckland concert we screened at our Dublin Event.
Those of you who saw it at the Event know that it was brilliant, also on the big white screen!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
johnos

Post by johnos »

the cameraman was right, good guess on the timing

'Leonard Cohen Live at the O2 Dublin, recorded on 11th and 12th Sept 2013
Reliable source closely involved
Hope to see this by the year end' :D

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”