Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
bob64

Re: Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

Post by bob64 »

The Auckland concert December 2013 was as close to nirvana as you will get. Pray that he will tour again. Check the Webb Sisters tour schedule?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Well said, Stephencharlton, Zodkavombie and Regensburg!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
JOSIECYBERSPACE

Post by JOSIECYBERSPACE »

Hi All,

Cant Wait for this DVD....This concert was simply magical!!

I am sure it will be 'edited' accordingly to suit commercial sales.

Bring it on!

Happy New Year 2014 to everybody!

Josie Cyberspace...Galway Ireland
:razz: :razz: :) :)
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

I have attended a few concerts, and the more I think about it and read all the comments about the possible DVD coming out (hopefully) in 2014, I have to say that I have never seen an audience and performance like the one in Memphis. EVERYBODY was on their feet, singing and dancing in front of the stage. Leonard had to pause for a few minutes and looked at us in disbelief. It was amazing, I don't think he expected this at all. I have not seen it in any other concerts. It was magical.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

regensburg wrote:I have attended a few concerts, and the more I think about it and read all the comments about the possible DVD coming out (hopefully) in 2014, I have to say that I have never seen an audience and performance like the one in Memphis. EVERYBODY was on their feet, singing and dancing in front of the stage. Leonard had to pause for a few minutes and looked at us in disbelief. It was amazing, I don't think he expected this at all. I have not seen it in any other concerts. It was magical.
I totally agree! I attended seven concerts last year, and I think Memphis was the most technically and emotionally perfect. Other concerts were very special for different reasons (e.g. Winnipeg and Amsterdam for atmosphere).... but Memphis stands up there at the top. If you haven't listened to holydove's beautiful recording of this concert, get hold of it now - Rachel's sighings and contented litle noises just say it all!!!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
johnos

Post by johnos »

The Live in London album brought a lot of new fans, another live album with the different sound would be very well received by fans and would continue to spread the word to new followers. We had 3 years on and off touring after live in London....., more touring to follow after Live in --------- 2013 ??, sounds like there is a new studio album in the pipeline as well
holydove

Post by holydove »

joyezekiel wrote:
If you haven't listened to holydove's beautiful recording of this concert, get hold of it now - Rachel's sighings and contented litle noises just say it all!!!

Joy
:lol: Well, that's an unusual sort of advertisement, Joy! Maybe they should put my little sighs & noises into the DVD too. . .(You are very sweet & definitely very funny! You'll be the first one I contact the next time I need a PR person!)
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

joyezekiel wrote:
regensburg wrote:I have attended a few concerts, and the more I think about it and read all the comments about the possible DVD coming out (hopefully) in 2014, I have to say that I have never seen an audience and performance like the one in Memphis. EVERYBODY was on their feet, singing and dancing in front of the stage. Leonard had to pause for a few minutes and looked at us in disbelief. It was amazing, I don't think he expected this at all. I have not seen it in any other concerts. It was magical.
I totally agree! I attended seven concerts last year, and I think Memphis was the most technically and emotionally perfect. Other concerts were very special for different reasons (e.g. Winnipeg and Amsterdam for atmosphere).... but Memphis stands up there at the top. If you haven't listened to holydove's beautiful recording of this concert, get hold of it now - Rachel's sighings and contented litle noises just say it all!!!

Joy
Oh my, dear me, what has happened to LC concerts in the last 5 years..."EVERYBODY was on their feet, singing and dancing in front of the stage. Leonard had to pause for a few minutes and looked at us in disbelief.
I bet he did. I would think if he had wanted to write poetry and music to dance to he might have asked the likes of Daniel O'Donnell and The Osmonds for advice :?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

Come on, this is Leonard Cohen, who has said his critical faculties get switched off in favor of gratitude whenever he hears someone cover one of his songs (which is really saying something, in view of the large number of less-than-stellar covers that exist). A standing, boogeying audience isn't going to be received unappreciatively by him, no matter how much it takes him by surprise.
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Thank you Joy, and for the other remark (you know who you are) I really dislike very negative comments. I just wrote what I felt and I think Leonard would too.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Well sorry but it is my view and if he enjoys it, all well and good. For my part this is nothing like how it started out and I have to say I have been quite amazed at the antics shown at some of the shows in the last 5 years. If you really believe that this is why LC wrote so many of his quite incredible songs with the meanings so deep, just to see and hear people singing at the tops of their voices, miles out of tune and leaping up and down cooing, then that is fine, you believe he enjoys it, I prefer that he tolerates it and at his age, well why not.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

All is well, I also think that a lot of people just love him so much that sometimes they can't help themselves. I am just thankful that he is still able to perform that we'll in his age.
KatLaw

Post by KatLaw »

I really enjoyed sitting next to Regensburg in Memphis and I must agree with you and Joy (met you in Memphis sitting next to friends of mine and also in NOLA). I went to six concerts in 5 months and they were all special, however, the spirit in Memphis was tangible. To paraphrase my favorite poet, “God is alive, magic ‘was’ afoot”. I don’t think the audience in Memphis were inspired to “give it a 10 because it’s got a good beat and it’s easy to dance to”. We just love and respect Leonard and his musicians who provided us an evening of transcendent happiness and an overwhelming sense of contentment. I’d like to think we all saved the last dance for Leonard just as he asked. I have faith in Leonard that the performances chosen for the new live DVD will be the right ones.
2012: Austin, Denver, Boston
2013: Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

KatLaw wrote:I really enjoyed sitting next to Regensburg in Memphis and I must agree with you and Joy (met you in Memphis sitting next to friends of mine and also in NOLA). I went to six concerts in 5 months and they were all special, however, the spirit in Memphis was tangible. To paraphrase my favorite poet, “God is alive, magic ‘was’ afoot”. I don’t think the audience in Memphis were inspired to “give it a 10 because it’s got a good beat and it’s easy to dance to”. We just love and respect Leonard and his musicians who provided us an evening of transcendent happiness and an overwhelming sense of contentment. I’d like to think we all saved the last dance for Leonard just as he asked. I have faith in Leonard that the performances chosen for the new live DVD will be the right ones.
Well said, KatLaw! And yes, I remember meeting you - lovely to "chat" to you again!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
James T

Post by James T »

I always enjoy the singalong atmosphere at the end of his shows, but if it was the whole night through it would annoy me incredibly.

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”