Recently formed Cohen tribute band

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
Andrew (Darby)

Recently formed Cohen tribute band

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

I have been contacted by Adam (the singer/pianist) of a recently formed Cohen tribute band called "Leonard Cohen Ensemble One" - he plans to join us in Berlin and entertain us at the Open Mic session! :D

This band is comprised of music students from Youngstown State University (Ohio) and you can find out more about them and download their excellent version of 'Memories' through the following link:

http://www.myspace.com/leonardcohenensembleone

Also, if you surf through the 'Friends Comments/Space' sections, you begin to realise there are quite a few young fans or appreciators of Leonard out there! 8)

Maybe it's just me, but I also thought the photo of (presumably) Adam was not that unlike the young Leonard - but perhaps it's the black and white that helps conjure up that era! :wink:

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Andrew ~

That photo is very similar, in construct and pose, to one that exists of Leonard. I couldn't locate where to listen to "Memories," after I followed your link.

Thought I'd check out Fiona Apple, while I was in the neighbourhood, and am still trying to make sense of what sounds like lots of overlap there.

Guess I'll catch the bus back home :wink: .

~ Lizzy
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

lizzytysh wrote:... I couldn't locate where to listen to "Memories," after I followed your link...
Elizabeth, just go down to the two tone blue box on the left-hand side and click on the Band Website link (which will download the Memories mp3 for you).

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”