Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
jarkko
Site Admin

Suzanne - A Timelapse Tribute to Leonard Cohen

Post by jarkko »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVjSULd ... NtEQmeobEU
Sebastien Petit
Posted January 8, 2019

i started with me looking for a cool location too shoot the full moon rising, i had shot the clock tower before from across the water but though it would be perfect to align with the moon if shot from the city side. The shoot went awesome, the moon was right where i predicted it would be, but when i decided to try Suzanne as music for the timelapse it was like a match made in heaven so I set off into a frenzy to shoot as much as i could before the end of the "cité Mémoire" Projection after the new year. I kind of new Leonard Cohen "the singer" by name and from a couple song like Hallelujah but i had never researched or been i big fan. But after listening to his music and reading from his work and life, i found a new appreciation for the artist, the poet but also the man. So after many night spent outside in the cold looking at stuff happening really slowly i'm really proud the upload my personal timelapse tribute Leonard Cohen. It's not perfect and i could probably have spent a lot more hours refining my edit but i have so much other stuff to edit and share i have to move to a new project. Hope you enjoyed the video

Video Capture and Editing:
Perception Production, Sébastien Petit
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/sebastienpetit

Shot In Montreal's Old Port and Parc Jean Drapeau
Everything shot with Sony A6500
Edited with LRtimelapse, Lightroom, After Effects and Final Cut Pro X
Photopills app for moon and sun localisation
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Janetld

Re: Suzanne - A Timelapse Tribute to Leonard Cohen

Post by Janetld »

I really enjoyed this, and yes, Suzanne was the perfect choice. Brought back so many memories of Montreal too, thank you.
anneporter

Re: Suzanne - A Timelapse Tribute to Leonard Cohen

Post by anneporter »

Thank you. That is lovely.

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”