Leonard Cohen Is My Spirit Guide: A Celebration of Leonard Cohen

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
jarkko
Site Admin

Leonard Cohen Is My Spirit Guide: A Celebration of Leonard Cohen

Post by jarkko »

Good afternoon.

I am writing on behalf of a publishing company in the north of England who are tasked with the somewhat dubious pleasure of compiling 2018's BBC Contains Strong Language festival. It does have its perks, however: on the last night of the festival, Sunday 30th September, we are thrilled to be hosting 'Leonard Cohen Is My Spirit Guide: A Celebration of Leonard Cohen'.

This will be an evening of music. Compered by Kerry Shale, we have nine (possibly more!) of the greatest musicians in Britain who have been inspired by Leonard Cohen - Kathryn Williams (Mercury Prize nominee), Georgia Ruth, Sylvie Lewis, Paul Smith (Maxïmo Park), David Ford, Astrid Williamson, Marry Waterson, Adem, Martin Carr (The Boo Radleys) - celebrating the music of Leonard Cohen, both with words and performance.

Personally, I can think of no better place to share the existence of this evening with his fans and prospective attendees than here, within the Leonard Cohen forum.

All best,

Elle Grice
(Assistant Editor, Wrecking Ball Press)
Date and Time
Sun 30 September 2018
19:30 – 22:00 BST

62 King Edward Street
Hull HU1 3SQ
United Kingdom

More at
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/leonard- ... 8239001151
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”