6 Listopad 2017@20:00 (November 6)
GDZIE: Klub Muzyczny Stary Klasztor
Jana Ewangelisty Purkyniego 1
Wrocław
Polska
KOSZTY: 20 zł, 30 zł, 40 zł
WROCŁAW
Ethno Jazz Festival: Tribute to Leonard Cohen

W listopadzie minie rok od śmierci kanadyjskiego barda, poety i pisarza, Leonarda Cohena.

6 listopada, w wigilię pierwszej rocznicy odejścia Mistrza, Ethno Jazz Festival zaprasza do Sali Gotyckiej w Starym Klasztorze na koncert “Tribute to Leonard Cohen”.

Nieśmiertelne przeboje, jak „In My Secret Life”, „Dance Me to the End of Love”, “Suzanne”, “Sisters of Mercy” oraz mniej znane ballady Leonarda Cohena usłyszymy w aranżacjach znakomitej wokalistki Pauliny Lendy i zespołu w składzie: Robert Jarmużek – piano, Marek Popów – gitara, Andrzej Stagraczyński – bas, Łukasz Kowalczyk – perkusja.

Paulina Lenda to wokalistka i autorka tekstów znana za sprawą niepowtarzalnej głębokiej barwy swojego niskiego głosu. Pochodzi ze Świdnicy. Muzycznie bardzo dużo czerpie z akustyki i muzyki folkowej – wśród największych inspiracji podaje takich artystów, jak: Damien Rice, Susie Suh, Ray LaMontagne, Noah Gundersen, James Vincent McMorrow, Patti Smith i Leonard Cohen, natomiast za niedościgniony życiowy wzór – Janis Joplin, dzięki której zakochała się w psychodelicznej muzyce/sztuce z lat 70, i przez którą chciała prowadzić hipisowski styl życia, podróżując i bawiąc się chwilą. Wychowywała się jednak, słuchając czarnej muzyki. Obecnie artyści, którzy mają duży wpływ na jej twórczość, to m.in. Tracy Chapman, Lauryn Hill, Lizz Wright, India Arie, Erykah Badu.

W 2008 r. została odkryta dzięki programowi “Mam Talent”. W pierwszej polskiej edycji tego telewizyjnego show pojawiła się na scenie z coverem piosenki “Ready for love” z repertuaru India Arie. Ten szokujący występ tak dojrzałej 15. latki w telewizyjnym show pozwolił jej na zderzenie się z muzycznym rynkiem w Polsce. W 2014 roku Paulina nagrała swoją pierwszą płytę, zatytułowaną “Wolf Girl”.

Źródło: Materiały promocyjne organizatora.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
HugoD

Re: LC Tribute at Ethno Jazz Festival, Wroclaw, Poland

Post by HugoD »

Translation in to English ( thanks to google ;-) )

Ethno Jazz Festival: Tribute to Leonard Cohen

In November, one year after the death of the Canadian bard, poet and writer, Leonard Cohen will pass.

On the eve of the first anniversary of the Master's departure, the Ethno Jazz Festival invites you to the Gothic Room in the Old Monastery for a Tribute to Leonard Cohen concert.

Immortal hits like "In My Secret Life", "Suzanne", "Sisters of Mercy" and Leonard Cohen's lesser-known ballads will be featured in the arrangements of Paulina Lendy and Robert Jarmużek. - piano, Marek Popów - guitar, Andrzej Stagraczynski - bass, Łukasz Kowalczyk - drums.

Paulina Lenda is a singer and songwriter known for her unique, deep voice. Comes from Swidnica. Musically very much derives from acoustics and folk music - among the greatest inspirations are artists such as Damien Rice, Susie Suh, Ray LaMontagne, Noah Gundersen, James Vincent McMorrow, Patti Smith and Leonard Cohen, while the unsurpassed life model - Janis Joplin, thanks to which she fell in love with psychedelic music / art from the 70s, and through which she wanted to lead a hippie lifestyle, traveling and playing the moment. She grew up listening to black music. At present, artists who have a great influence on her work include: Tracy Chapman, Lauryn Hill, Lizz Wright, India Arie, Erykah Badu.

In 2008 she was discovered with the program "Got Talent". In the first Polish edition of this television show, she appeared on the stage with a cover of the song "Ready for love" from India Arie's repertoire. This shocking performance of such a mature 15-year-old in a television show allowed her to clash with the music market in Poland. In 2014 Paulina recorded her first album, entitled "Wolf Girl".

Source: Organizer promotional materials.

Where:
Music Club Old Monastery, Purkyni 1, Wroclaw
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”