Question: Is this the place to post covers by forum users?

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
justinburnett

Question: Is this the place to post covers by forum users?

Post by justinburnett » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:49 am

I guess the topic title is pretty self-explanatory. I haven't been a member of this forum for very long and I want to respect the local zoning, so I wanted to make sure I put my shameless self-promotion in the right place. I just completed a recording of A Thousand Kisses Deep, and wouldn't mind sharing it here. I know that many of the users here have recorded Cohen covers, I just can't seem to find where they go. Thanks.

Take care
-Justin-
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:54 am

Maybe you can put it somewhere online and just gave a link here?
tom
justinburnett

Post by justinburnett » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:17 pm

Hi Tom
Thanks for your answer. I wasn't really being clear in what I said: I was wondering whether this forum was a good place to post a link to my cover versions. I do, thankfully, have webspace to store the files. I just don't want to be rude by posting the link in the wrong place. Some forums are really sensitive about that kind of thing.

Take care
-J-
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:29 am

Welcome to the Forum, Justin :D ! I see that you have 10[?] postings so far, so you may have answered your own question, as I haven't gotten to that section, yet. However, posting your cover in the Members' Poetry and Music section would be the place! I look forward to listening to it, and will probably find it's already there :wink: !

~ Lizzy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:38 am

Justin, posting a link to your own audio files is the best way to do it! Go ahead!
justinburnett

Post by justinburnett » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:41 am

Thanks to everyone for your help and welcomes. I finally got my post put together, and decided to put it in the 'Poetry and Music by the Forum Members' section (if only because that place gets more traffic :-) )

The topic is here for those interested.

Take care
-Justin-
pipkinra

Post by pipkinra » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:16 pm

Justin, listened to your version of a Thousand Kisses Deep and really like your voice. I think the guitar arrangement is a little too 'sprightly' It doesn't have to be as slow as LCs' but not sure the Travis Pick works with that song. It's possible of course that if I had heard your version first I would prefer yours over LCs'.

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”