Weird Al Yankovic Parodies Leonard Cohen

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
YankovicGretzky

Weird Al Yankovic Parodies Leonard Cohen

Post by YankovicGretzky »

Ya, I wish!

Which Leonard Cohen songs would you like to hear Weird Al Yankovic parody? For me it would have to be Hallelujah, Everybody Knows, First We Take Manhatten, Democracy, The Future and Closing Time, which I think are funny on their own. They would be even funnier if Weird Al parodied them.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Good headline writer there, Yankovic :wink: ~ your list, of course, would do. I'd be interested in seeing one done, and then decide on the rest.
lightning

Parody of Avalanche

Post by lightning »

People interested in Leonard Cohen song parody might like to see the parody of Avalanche which I posted on Jan. 16, 2003 in the Poetry by Forum members section. Titled "Pile of Shit" it was written just before the Iraqi war and opens " I stepped into a pile of shit, it covered up my sole." Weird Al's parodies tend to be merely humorous but Tuli Kupferberg's book "Listen to the Mockingbird" has parodies (or parasongs) with social/politcal insight. If you ever write any such they can be submitted for an upcoming 5th edition.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Hi Yank. Check the members poetry section for "Cezanne sketches down"
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

A wonderfull piece by the multi-talented Ben Kelly, a masterpiece, Lightning and Margaret.
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Ben Kelly

Post by Ben Kelly »

Margaret and George

I've finally found the section at long last, and thanking you both rather belatedly for your generous comments.

Kind regards

Ben
Life rewards action, just as well done is better than well said. Yours the Galactic Pixie

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”