Perth Birthday Tribute Night

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
humanisticiconoclast

Perth Birthday Tribute Night

Post by humanisticiconoclast » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Looking for interesting peoples to hold a Birthday celebration of music. Please forward your ideas, venues, musicians and the like that can go towards such a night. An idea is to have musicians do some Cohen, and some poetry reading. Maybe this can lead to a fanatical group of like minded people keen to attend an up and coming tour of Australia, lets hope. Open to all suggestions, only bright ideas to be put forward :idea:
humanisticiconoclast

Re: Perth Birthday Tribute Night

Post by humanisticiconoclast » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:18 pm

Happening this Sunday 21st September, 6 pm Velvet Lounge, back of the Flying Scotsman, free entry. All welcome to add to the event time permitting. Contact Michael 0415980188.
humanisticiconoclast

Re: Perth Birthday Tribute Night

Post by humanisticiconoclast » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:06 am

Unfortunately the venue despite being booked for 6wks neglected to tell us until 4 days pre-event that it was double booked. In a frantic rush i tried to book another venue and only upstairs at the Brisbane came up. For those that know the Brisbane of a Sunday, you will understand that the atmosphere would not be suitable for the event. I thank those that offered their musical and poetic skills. If it be gods will, maybe i will post again to gather members to attend a concert for an upcoming concert in Australia. To those that have traveled overseas i look forward to the possibility of enjoying the gentleman live in concert. In the mean time, stay well and i look forward to future.

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”