Re: CONCERT REPORT:ADOTG, Hunter Valley, Australia, Nov 23,

Post by sturgess66 »

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/19394 ... ard-cohen/
REVIEW: LEONARD COHEN
By: SIMON WALKER
Nov. 28, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

Bimbadgen Estate
November 23

LEONARD Cohen opened his Day on the Green performance at Bimbadgen Estate with Dance Me To The End Of Love and it was clear from the reverential reception that the audience were prepared to dance him way beyond that.

At the conclusion of the opener, the man with the gift of the golden voice rose impressively from bended knee and offered thanks to friends who had gambled on the weather and ventured out for the evening.

He also gave a nod of appreciation to the heavens for remaining clear, and pledged on behalf of his nine-piece band to give their all.

And that they did over the next three hours.

There was no holding back on the classics: Lover, Lover, Lover, Anthem, Suzanne, Chelsea Hotel, Alexandra Leaving, I'm Your Man, Hallelujah, A Thousand Kisses Deep and a searing keyboard solo in Tower of Song.

But recent songs like The Darkness, Amen and Come Healing, from his 2012 album Old Ideas, remind us Cohen's new ideas remain strong.

The great man, looking lithe and ready for the struggle, pulled some smooth moves for a 79-year-old.

He remains vocally lustrous, and his sublime perceptions, immortalised in some of the most poetic, influential songs ever penned, are peerless.

The second set wrapped up with Hallelujah and This Waltz to a standing ovation.

Cohen double-encored with Maryanne, I'm Goin Home, Berlin and Famous Blue Raincoat.

A short intermission halfway through allowed the audience to refuel on remorse - I mean tea, coffee or whatever took their fancy.

But surely the only regret possible on an evening saturated with such musings would have been not making it.

Special thanks to Archie Roach and Adalita who provided the perfect warm-up.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Video uploaded by Nathan Parsons -
(a bit shaky - as he states - but settles down)

Tower of Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B4q-1rHiQo
B4real

Post by B4real »

I’m needing to distract myself from things at the moment and it’s funny how the right path reveals itself. Leonard to the rescue! I found myself going through my photos from the eight concerts I went to of Leonard’s last tour in 2013 here “down under” in Australia and found some that I haven’t yet posted.
Some of you may remember that my camera seemed to take on a mind of its own on certain occasions so some of these shots are a little “abstract” for want of a better word. In any case, we can relive some moments of the last concerts the UHTC have played.
IMG_0096-BM13a.jpg
IMG_0108-BM13b.jpg
IMG_0110-BM13c.jpg
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
B4real

Post by B4real »

IMG_0100-BM13d.jpg
IMG_0103-BM13e.jpg
IMG_0104-BM13f.jpg
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
B4real

Post by B4real »

IMG_0127-BM13g.jpg
IMG_0128-BM13h.jpg
IMG_0129-BM13i.jpg

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”