Auckland Meet-Up

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
joyezekiel

Auckland Meet-Up

Post by joyezekiel »

It's a little while away yet, but I know there are a few of us at least who will be attending the Auckland concert. Steve (birminghamfan) has suggested the Britomart which is a few minutes walk from the Vector Arena. My friend who lives near Auckland agrees that it would be the perfect venue for a meet-up. The menu looks good, there is plenty of room, and apparently the opening hours are "flexible" so we could go for a de-briefing after the concert too! They take reservations, so when we know the likely numbers we can arrange for a table or two before the concert.

http://www.thebrewerybritomart.co.nz/

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
majmunka

Re: Auckland Meet-Up

Post by majmunka »

Thanks, Joy.
We might arrive quite late to Auckland (the plan is 5:30 PM) so it's very close but I hope we can at least catch you all and leave the Britomart together for the concert.
Eva
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I have no idea yet what our plans are for the day of the concert. Will join you if I can, otherwise I will see you all at the concert.

Wendy
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Hi Joy - I will see you at the Brewery Britomart , if not beforehand ! If we get some idea of numbers a day or two before the show I will wander down to the Britomart and book a table or two I'm sure the last show will be a special one !

Cheers Steve
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Thanks Steve - sounds great!
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
mutti

Post by mutti »

8)
Last edited by mutti on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

I asked Maarten about an after-concert meetup (not instead of the pre-concert one, of course, but in addition to that) as we all might be reluctant to let the tour feeling go after the last show. He agreed that a post concert meetup could somewhat ease the pain of the final concert and suggested that we should organize something official instead of just trying to gather up. The show is on Saturday so the Britomart will be open until 2:00 AM, according to their FB page. What do you think? Thanks for any ideas.
Eva
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

majmunka wrote:I asked Maarten about an after-concert meetup (not instead of the pre-concert one, of course, but in addition to that) as we all might be reluctant to let the tour feeling go after the last show. He agreed that a post concert meetup could somewhat ease the pain of the final concert and suggested that we should organize something official instead of just trying to gather up. The show is on Saturday so the Britomart will be open until 2:00 AM, according to their FB page. What do you think? Thanks for any ideas.
Eva
I'm definitely up for doing something after the concert - what sort of thing are you thinking of? I'm leaving the US next week and will be travelling until Mark and I arrive in Auckland on December 20th. I will have limited internet accesss during that time, so am probably not the best person to try and arrange something. But I'm happy to input whatever I can.... I will put my thinking cap on!

Joy
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

I was just doing a bit of research and the Brewery Britomart closed earlier this year! It has re-opened as The Crown, but the link to the website doesn't give any information, although it does get good reviews on other Auckland sites: http://www.heartofthecity.co.nz/dining/ ... ants/crown.

Another suggestion which is near the Vector Arena is Brew on Quay: http://www.brewonquay.co.nz/.

My friend in Auckland is going into town today and she says she will take a look at the venues and get back to me, so maybe we can take a vote when we have some more information.

Joy
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Hi Joy - I'm sure Brew on Quay would be fine if the new incarnation of the Britomart doesn't look good - we are fortunate to have a source of local information. I had a pleasant time when I was last in Brew on Quay
A beer after the show sounds great , we can wander back to whichever is our chosen venue after the show. Hopefully a few local Forum members will join us ! Together we can keep the Forum informed about the choice of venue
Steve
jnewton

Post by jnewton »

Hi all
We're from Sydney so aren't local (though Richard (husband) is from Christchurch 100 years ago) and we don't know any of you. However we'd love to join you before and/or after the show if that's OK? We were at the Sydney concert last Saturday. It was absolutely brilliant! The best I've been to! Leonard and the band all seemed so happy and relaxed and the audience was exuberant.
Jill
Centennial Vineyards Bowral NSW Feb 2009; Acer Arena Sydney Nov 2010; Hanging Rock Mt Macedon Vic Nov 2010; Sydney Entertainment Centre Nov 2013; Bimadgen Vineyards Hunter Valley NSW Nov 2013; Sydney Opera House Dec 2013; Vector Arena Auckland NZ Dec 2013.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

jnewton wrote:Hi all
We're from Sydney so aren't local (though Richard (husband) is from Christchurch 100 years ago) and we don't know any of you. However we'd love to join you before and/or after the show if that's OK? We were at the Sydney concert last Saturday. It was absolutely brilliant! The best I've been to! Leonard and the band all seemed so happy and relaxed and the audience was exuberant.
Jill
Fabulous Jill! Always lovely to meet new Cohenites.... watch this space for further developments!

Joy
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

joyezekiel wrote: Another suggestion which is near the Vector Arena is Brew on Quay: http://www.brewonquay.co.nz/.

My friend in Auckland is going into town today and she says she will take a look at the venues and get back to me, so maybe we can take a vote when we have some more information.
Joy
Thanks, Joy, I'm looking forward to meeting you all.
Eva
jnewton

Post by jnewton »

Thanks Joy for the great welcome!
After a fabulous concert at Bimbadgen Winery last night (even sang the 'Last Dance' in a third tranche of encores) we're so looking forward to the last concert in Auckland and to meeting you all!
Jill
Centennial Vineyards Bowral NSW Feb 2009; Acer Arena Sydney Nov 2010; Hanging Rock Mt Macedon Vic Nov 2010; Sydney Entertainment Centre Nov 2013; Bimadgen Vineyards Hunter Valley NSW Nov 2013; Sydney Opera House Dec 2013; Vector Arena Auckland NZ Dec 2013.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

The general consensus seems to be that The Crown (formerly the Brewery Britomart) is a good venue for the meet-up. I suggest around 4:30pm which will give us time to have something to eat and catch up with each other before heading over to the Vector Arena. The reviews are all good: http://www.menumania.co.nz/restaurants/crown-auckland. The address is: 69 Customs St East, Auckland Central.

Once we have an idea of numbers we can reserve a table. Steve (birminghamfan) will be there a couple of days beforehand, so he can also enquire about closing time!!!

Can't wait...
Joy

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”