Auckland Meet-Up

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
joyezekiel

Re: Auckland Meet-Up

Post by joyezekiel »

birminghamfan wrote:
pic1912-1.jpg
The red carpet is out for us in Auckland..
Looking good! Getting excited.....
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

The table is booked .. see you all 1630 tomorrow - 69 Customs St East...
Attachments
crownakl.jpg
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

birminghamfan wrote:The table is booked .. see you all 1630 tomorrow - 69 Customs St East...
Thanks, Steve.... looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Thanks for doing the arrangements Steve! See you again tomorrow!
M

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Hi,

I am up from Hamilton (a measly 1.5 hour drive, lightweight this time) but I am a bit late for the pre-show catch up but hope to get there for afterwards, same venue it looks like. . ...

I met some of the forum members when I was over to see the LC shows in Las Vegas and San Jose shows at the end of 2009, not sure how many have made the trip to NZ who were on that tour, but I hope to see you there.

Have a good show everyone, only an hour and a bit to go, woo hoo!

g
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Thanks to everyone for coming to the meet up ! It was a fabulous show , a fitting end to the tour , and it was great to meet you all Like many , I hope that Leonard tours in the future , and I hope to come back to Australia and New Zealand to see you all again !
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas , and a great New Year !
Steve
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Hi Steve,

Good to meet you also.

Was there a post-show meet up? I went to look at the Crown afterwards but the doof doof music was on good and loud and no LC forum types anywhere. . ...

graham

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
blonde madonna

Post by blonde madonna »

So sorry we missed you Graham! We hung around outside the Crown for a short while (they wouldn't serve us drinks outside) and then went to find somewhere quieter. Let's all hope there's a next time ;-) .

Had a wonderful time and hate to fly home today but my ordinary life awaits me.

Also wish all of you lovely people a suitably merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

BM
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Also wanted to put in a (late) word of thanks to Steve for arranging the meetup and for doing all the talking! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
Special thanks to Jenny for being my perfect roommate, to Tracey and Jim for the chats, to Henry for hanging around with me and of course to everyone else that I met during this short trip to NZ.

All The best
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Hi,

I thought that was what happened, I must have just missed you. I did hang around and grab a song sheet, it was going to be quite a wait to get out of the Vector Arena so I thought I would put the time to good use.

Oh well, sorry I missed you, I will try again next tour ('New Ideas', 'Old Tricks'...?)

graham

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”