PRESALE TO AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
Naluram

Re: PRESALE TO AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

Post by Naluram »

Bit of a bummer being away when this all opened up but nonetheless just got some tickets at Sydney in Sec 3 Row GG in the middle of the row it appears. So hope that is OK. Didn't want to chance the VISA pre-sale and my old computer would probably meltdown in the General sales scramble.

I went to his first show but only got altitude sickness seats that time, these this time are a bit better than then.

I think they are better than what I got at ACER area.

I was thinking of going to the winery at Pokolbin (Newcastle) but November is storm season around the Hunter so wasn't too sure about that.

So roll on November.
littledrover

Post by littledrover »

THANK YOU so much for these links — only found out about this site today from Heck of a Guy and JUST managed to get in before the deadline. At the moment I'm in WA but heading "back east" in another month so have booked at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne and managed to get an aisle seat in second row so am really happy and excited :D
Annie
Motorhomer — traveling all over Australia
"old age ain't no place for sissies" Bette Davis
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

"I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure", as today I made my fairly time constrained decision, Bev! ;-) I now have a ticket for the Adelaide concert too! 8)

The basis for my decision was as follows: I firstly ruled the Geelong winery event out, as it is an outdoor event and (along with Naluram reminding us of the stormy weather wildcard) my past experience is that the intrinsic picnic party atmosphere of such settings brings with it associated distractions from the concert performance itself; secondly, I preferenced Adelaide over Cairns for the travel cost saving and, even more importantly, because I will also be able to connect with Alan, Dean, yourself and various other Cohenites in Adelaide, for what will undoubtedly be an extremely moving experience, being most likely our final chance to see Leonard live in concert! :( :D

Cheers,
Andrew :)

P.S. 'blonde madonna', please accept my apology re The Hill winery catch-up opportunity and don't take it personally. Besides, I will see you at Rod Laver gig and, if the tax man is kind to me, I might even throw in the winery one as a last minute extra! ;-)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Laura wrote:Have nice dreams, Andrew. :-)

Laura
Thanks Laura... but I just can't remember now if I did! ;-)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
B4real

Post by B4real »

ah Andrew,

You sound just like I've been lately! And yes, we will all catch up with each other at least one (or more) of the concerts.

I'd forgotten about the thunderstorm season! I do hope the weather stays fine!

My last minute decision to go to Adelaide was also influenced by the thought that this could be the last concert Leonard ever does in Australia.
I personally think he will do a small promotional tour to sponsor his new album in a couple of years, but it won't be as extensive as we've seen previously.

Looking forward to it all :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
blonde madonna

Post by blonde madonna »

No apologies needed Andrew, I am looking forward to both concerts being different and plan to enjoy myself no matter what the weather brings. I have stood in torrential rain through a whole Dylan concert at the Myer Music Bowl and never forgotten the experience.

However you are all tempting me with this Adelaide talk...
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hi BM,

Looks like I could see you at Rod Laver and the Hill Winery and now maybe Adelaide! Just a question about transport to the Winery.
I know it's early days yet but I want to be organised. Is there a dedicated "LC concert" bus from Geelong to The Hill Winery?
I wonder about the transport from Newcastle to Bimbadgen Winery in NSW.
Also because I'm from Queensland and we only have light clothing here :) will I need to bring a coat even though it's summer?

I hope you or someone else can answer my questions.
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
rochdale

Post by rochdale »

Can't believe Leonard is coming to Cairns on Nov 26. So grateful for Forum presale, straight through at 2pm and got exactly what we wanted. Rochdale
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Gracie Fields
Misunderstood
blonde madonna

Post by blonde madonna »

B4real wrote:Hi BM,

Looks like I could see you at Rod Laver and the Hill Winery and now maybe Adelaide! Just a question about transport to the Winery.
I know it's early days yet but I want to be organised. Is there a dedicated "LC concert" bus from Geelong to The Hill Winery?
I wonder about the transport from Newcastle to Bimbadgen Winery in NSW.
Also because I'm from Queensland and we only have light clothing here :) will I need to bring a coat even though it's summer?

I hope you or someone else can answer my questions.
Hi B4real, look forward to seeing you! There will be buses to the winery on the day, details will be available through day on the green closer to the date. I will let you know what I find out as we work out details. You should be prepared for all kinds of weather, 'four seasons in one day' as they say, it can get chilly in the evening, there could be rain, but also we could have glorious sunshine and warmth, I'm optimistic!
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks BM,
That helps me! So then it appears I might have to buy a coat or even a FB raincoat ;-) ....Coming from tropical Queensland, I think I can handle the heat or sunshine!
Yes, let me know more info as you get it. Be great to finally meet you!

Bev
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

mutti wrote:
mutti wrote:
I found out the seating plan for the first 10 rows. There are 60 seats to a row. Facing the stage Seat 1 is on the right and Seat 60 is on the Webb side.
Hope that helps!
Leslie

I take it this is Auckland?
W.
No Wellington.
Leslie
For those who are wondering where there seats are for the Wellington show, ticket sales are now linked to a seating plan. If you have already purchased tickets, you can check out where your seats are by logging in to your Ticketek account, selecting Order History and clicking on View Venue Map. The front rows runs from 1 (boys side) to 72 (girls side). It's a very pleasant surprise to see that our seats are pretty close to the centre.

Wendy
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
mutti wrote:
mutti wrote:
I found out the seating plan for the first 10 rows. There are 60 seats to a row. Facing the stage Seat 1 is on the right and Seat 60 is on the Webb side.
Hope that helps!
Leslie

I take it this is Auckland?
W.
No Wellington.
Leslie
For those who are wondering where there seats are for the Wellington show, ticket sales are now linked to a seating plan. If you have already purchased tickets, you can check out where your seats are by logging in to your Ticketek account, selecting Order History and clicking on View Venue Map. The front rows runs from 1 (boys side) to 72 (girls side). It's a very pleasant surprise to see that our seats are pretty close to the centre.

Wendy
It's great to hear that the Forum presale allocation included some front central seats. The seating layout in this arena seems unusually stretched, especially for a relatively small venue. In North America, even large arenas customarily have only 42-48 seats in a row. Perhaps the front row in Wellington will be set a little further back to improve viewing angles from the sides. I wonder if the band members might also spread out a little on stage to conform to the wider floor?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Ronaldson wrote:The seating layout in this arena seems unusually stretched, especially for a relatively small venue. In North America, even large arenas customarily have only 42-48 seats in a row. Perhaps the front row in Wellington will be set a little further back to improve viewing angles from the sides. I wonder if the band members might also spread out a little on stage to conform to the wider floor?
I agree that this arena seems unusually wide, though even Auckland has 60 seats to a row so perhaps its just the way they do things. Christchurch/ Canterbury is a bit closer to what we might regard as the norm with 41 seats to a row.

I hope they don't set the seats too far back from the stage - there's nothing worse than a "moat" between band and audience - but maybe they won't sell the seats on the far extremes of the first couple of row because of the poor sight lines. However, I do know that row C goes the full stretch as I saw seat C72 come up in the Visa presale.

I doubt if it is an option for the band to spread out on the stage. They need to be close enough to each other to be able to communicate easily. Wider stage usually just means bigger gaps between the wings and the players.

Wendy
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Thanks for the update, W.

That's quite a long stretch across, and I thought the venue was smaller than Christchurch's arena. Hopefully this doesn't mean they are using child chairs. :shock:

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”