jarkko
Site Admin

CONCERTS IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

Post by jarkko »

This message has been updated on October 30

LEONARD’S TOUR DATES IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

November:
Wed 13: Perth, Perth Arena. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34614
Sat 16: Sydney, Entertainment Centre. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34628
Wed 20: Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34637
Sat 23: Newcastle ADOTG – Hunter Valley. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34652
Tue 26: Cairns, Convention Centre. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34668
Thu 28: Townsville, Entertainment Centre. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34677
Sat 30: Brisbane, Entertainment Centre. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34714

December:
Mon 2: Sydney, Opera House. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34726
Wed 4: Wollongong, WIN Entertainment Centre. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34742
Sat 7: Geelong ADOTG – The Hill. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34748
Mon 9: Melbourne, Palais Theatre. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34756
Wed 11: Adelaide, Entertainment Centre. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34764
Sat 14: Christchurch, CBS Arena. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34774
Tue 17 & 18: Wellington, TSB Bank Arena. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34789
Sat 21: Auckland, Vector Arena. Concert reports at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=34818
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ken1asen

Tour news (Australian)

Post by ken1asen »

Greg Ross

Re: CONCERTS IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

Post by Greg Ross »

Great stuff Jarkko, very welcome news, thank you as always.
Ann and I were a little apprehensive about the dates, as she leaves Perth for Germany on 22nd November and I leave Perth for Germany on 5th December, so 13th November is perfect for us and the new Perth Arena is a genuinely magnificent venue.
Cheers from Down Under.
Greg
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
B4real

Post by B4real »

Advertising the winery concerts in Australia - A Day On The Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6o0oi8GyKo

Hey Roman,
Here's one for your collection :)

Also some Australian links advertising the concerts here including an historic first concert in Cairns 8)

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2013/0 ... nment.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/mu ... 6687726961

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6687771517
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

jarkko wrote:LEONARD’S TOUR DATES IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED:

November:
Wed 13: Perth, Perth Arena
Sat 16: Sydney, Entertainment Centre
Wed 20: Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
Sat 23: Newcastle ADOTG – Hunter Valley
Tue 26: Cairns, Convention Centre
Thu 28: Townsville, Entertainment Centre
Sat 30: Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

December:
Wed 4: Wollongong, WIN Entertainment Centre
Sat 7: Geelong ADOTG – The Hill
Wed 11: Adelaide, Entertainment Centre
Sat 14: Christchurch, CBS Arena
Tue 17: Wellington, TSB Bank Arena
Sat 21: Auckland, Vector Arena

There are some interesting date gaps there. There is a gap of 3 clear days between Sydney and Melbourne and 3 clear days between Brisbane and Wollogong.

There are also two clear days between Christchurch and Wellington and a very tantalizing 3 clear days between Wellington and Auckland, which both were blessed with two shows apiece last time 'round. Since flights that time of year are often hard to come by, perhaps someone could give us a clue about any possible added Auckland show being on the 20th or the 22nd?
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

scocoh wrote: There are some interesting date gaps there. There is a gap of 3 clear days between Sydney and Melbourne and 3 clear days between Brisbane and Wollogong.

There are also two clear days between Christchurch and Wellington and a very tantalizing 3 clear days between Wellington and Auckland, which both were blessed with two shows apiece last time 'round. Since flights that time of year are often hard to come by, perhaps someone could give us a clue about any possible added Auckland show being on the 20th or the 22nd?
Give the poor man a break!!

I would be very surprised if there was a concert added after December 21st... too close to Christmas I think, especially given that a lot of folk are likely to be travelling long distances.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

joyezekiel wrote: Give the poor man a break!!
You have apparently misunderstood me to be demanding an added concert on the 22nd. I was merely pointing out that there would seem to be a strong possibility of an added show in Auckland, and was prodding around trying to get confirmation that a POSSIBLE added show would be on the 20th.
especially given that a lot of folk are likely to be travelling long distances
-------------> :idea: <-------------
piscesfish

Post by piscesfish »

Great news!
Last edited by piscesfish on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

piscesfish wrote:Where is the presale link and password thread?
From the Board Index go to the section marked PRE-SALE LINKS AND PASSWORDS. It is the second one listed. Passwords and links won't be posted until 2 pm July 31 local time.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
antipodean heart

Post by antipodean heart »

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. I was thinking that an Australia/NZ tour would be too much to hope for, and here it is!!!!! :D

What is even more special is that we (me and my other half) will be able to see the Great Man and the band in our home region of North Queensland (Townsville) - what an absolute joy. :D From the bottom of my heart, I thank the Great Man and his management for taking the show to regional Australia. Thank you Jarkko for all the work you do to support our LC habit!

Now to plan the concert itinerary and get the time off work! I can't wait!!!!!!!
2009 Bowral and Venice | 2010 Ljubljana and LVx2 | 2012 Verona | 2013 Sydney, Townsville and.....|
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Scocoh wrote:
The tour really ends on December 21. The band and the crew members are from USA and Europe, and they all want to get back to their homes and families before Xmas. So Auckland has no 2nd night reservation the next day (or the day before). The same with Christchurch.

The international tours of any "big names" usually have a few second show reservations in some major cities. These options are activated, confirmed and go on sale only if the tickets to the first concert are sold out quickly. The reservations cannot be made public as nobody knows whether or not they will happen.

This tour goes on public sale on August 12, so don't except any 2nd night announcement soon. It's also possible that there will be none. Anyway we will keep you updated. Usually we don't have presale to a 2nd date.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

Woo Hoo!

I was not sure we would be lucky enough to see the great man down under again but we are in luck! Thanks Jarkko again for keeping us all informed, great work .. .

It has already been three years since I last saw LC in Sydney, I am now back home in New Zealand so will be going for the Auckland show as first preference. Although I did really love the Wellington show in 2010. I had a lovely few days holiday in the capital, even the weather was great.

Good luck all for the pre-sales!
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Here is an article Greg found in the West Australian today:
Attachments
West Australian newspaper, Tuesday, 30th of July 2013
West Australian newspaper, Tuesday, 30th of July 2013
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

As always, thank you very much, Jarkko.
B4real

Post by B4real »

I'm having bad Pre-sale nerves!!! ....Soon be trying for 9 concerts :shock:
It's enough to make me take up smoking again after 20 years of abstinence!!

Question: How many arms has an octopus?
Answer: 8
..... and that's all I'll need to get the best available seats for the first 8 concerts I want :lol:
Last edited by B4real on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”