Tour Continuing Until December 2013??

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
Zimmy66

Tour Continuing Until December 2013??

Post by Zimmy66 »

Appears the cat's out of the bag. Leif is posting that tour continuing until December:

http://dragonhelm.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... ound-here/

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
Tchocolatl

Re: Tour Continuing Until December!!

Post by Tchocolatl »

However, after the tour ends in December, I plan on continuing writing about… well, whatever comes up I suppose, and I’d love to have you come along.
After having read the post of July 19, 2013 below, I could say that I certainly would love to come along.
http://leifb73.com/

This said, it may be that he wants to write in December. (No it can not, not the way it is written). So maybe this Australian tour? Suddenly kangaroos are jumping higher, really high, wow! And the millions species of poisonous snakes are twisting frantically.

It would be nice to have Leonard Cohen for Christmas around here.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
da2008

Post by da2008 »

wouldn't that be great....
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I clicked on both links from my not so smart phone but couldn't see any information.

I however have hopefully claimed that we'd be seeing out friend again later this year :)
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Is that a surprise? I somehow did expect another US (or even Australian/New Zealand) tour in the Fall, and then the final wrapping up after 6 years.
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

tomsakic wrote: and then the final wrapping up after 6 years.
Oh, I hope not. Now that Leonard has figured out how to write on the road... I hope he'll keep going out for as long as his health and his joy in performing indicate.
tomsakic

Re: Tour Continuing Until December?

Post by tomsakic »

Hehe, I agree - I guess THIS tour, after all, new album was in the work... with Born in Chains and all other new songs.

PS. I see now that Sylvie Simmons mentions possible Australian/New Zealand tour later this year... So that could be it after Europe as LC doesn't want to perform there in February/March anymore, after heat waves and fires he encountered there last time (as this year he insisted that EU tour happens outdoors only in July, not in September like in 2012 when they fought against rain, heavy weather and cold).
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

And that is only reasonable. It's enough of a joy & a miracle that he's performing at all to this standard, he certainly doesn't have to perform in bad weather!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The tour will end in December. There are no plans for 2014. So, if you want to see Leonard live in concert, make sure you get tickets to one of the Fall concerts.

We could open our traditional quiz: where do you think will be the last concert (name the city)?
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
medicinejar

Post by medicinejar »

[quote]We could open our traditional quiz: where do you think will be the last concert (name the city)?[/quote]

Tough call. Where do I think he should play his concert? There is only one city - Montreal.
Last edited by medicinejar on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I don't think the tour will finish in Montreal.

Previous "last" shows have taken place in Las Vegas so I might as well say it: Las Vegas.

Wendy
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

I'm going to go for the horse that's so dark it's not even in the race: Buenos Aires.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

I agree with you Wendy. I posted this on the 'Australian Tour' topic on July 22.

MaryB wrote:OMG, OMG, OMG,OMG,

Could this possibly mean somewhere flying closer than Australia???? Please say it is so and make it easier for us in the mainland to get to a concert?????

(P.S. I know that in the past members have questioned 'why Las Vegas' , and the answer has been because of the caliber of the techs made it so easy for the crew. I hate LV, but LC makes 'this most unmagical of cities' worthwhile- Please, Please, Please!!!!!)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
chillymidnight

Re: Tour Continuing Until December 2013

Post by chillymidnight »

Anyone have any ideas where Leonard will play in late part of 2013?

Haven't seen any new concerts announced - should we be waiting?
There's music on Clinton Street all through the evening.
Paris 2012, Toronto 2012 x2. Paris 2013, London 2013 x 2, Rotterdam 2013, Amsterdam 2013
ddanyc

Re: Tour Continuing Until December 2013

Post by ddanyc »

Jarkko: When you say "there are no plans for 2014", do you mean no tour plans "yet" or do you mean there is a plan not to tour at all?

BD

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”