Australian Tour???

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
AlanM

Re: Australian Tour???

Post by AlanM »

jarkko wrote:...3... days after the last curtain this old white-bearded fellow goes on his tour around the world:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTDtt1OzNSI
If that is an indication of the weather forecast, I hope any concerts that we may be blessed with will be indoors.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

jarkko wrote:...3... days after the last curtain this old white-bearded fellow goes on his tour around the world:
Maybe he's on the last leg of his tour around the world to “down under” :)

You must click on the image to get that upside down moving feeling!
Six white boomers (kangaroos), snow white boomers, racing SC (LC) through the blazing sun .....on his Australian run!
Six white boomers (kangaroos), snow white boomers, racing SC (LC) through the blazing sun .....on his Australian run!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSsffF2xhA

And Alan, the true weather report is also mentioned above, but it's for a bit later in the year!
MaryB wrote:YIPPEE!!! We're getting presents!
Ah Mary, they’re all in his gift sacks to give away but you'll have to come down here to get one :lol:
That’s if they don’t fall out before as he gets to the bottom of the world!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
margaret

Post by margaret »

So the LC tour finishes "down under" 3 days before Christmas, just as Santa begins his own tour delivering the presents :)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The last leg of the tour takes Leonard and his band to ...2... countries, and his fans in those countries will be really spoiled!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

jarkko wrote:The last leg of the tour takes Leonard and his band to ...2... countries, and his fans in those countries will be really spoiled!
Patience is a virtue, virtue is its own reward, thus "Patience is its own reward".
Nah, that doesn't sound right.
Being patient for nearly 3 years since Leonard Cohen and UHTC last performed in Australasia is a virtue; such virtue deserves to be rewarded by being really spoiled.
I can cope with that.
Thank you Leonard, thank you UHTC, thank you AEG Live, and especially thank you Jarkko.

Alan
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Seems to me that Aussies and New Zealanders [Kiwis???] need to prepare for a LOT of TRAVEL!!!
[I'm leaving this here, but I wouldn't have made this guess if I'd read Jarkko's comment on the other thread first.]
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
adam1

Post by adam1 »

From Frontier Touring (who have done the previous tours) on Facebook just then...
Roll call!

Calling... Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Wollongong, Geelong, Adelaide, Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.

A living legend is headed your way later this year! Stay tuned tomorrow to find out just who it is.
Source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 408&type=1

Fits in with the countdown. And the hint at a spoil of a tour. And perhaps this means that the final show will be in Auckland.

Preparing for my credit card to take a beating. I think I need to go to the final show. A trans-Tasman adventure awaits. If my suspicions ring true...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Oh, I didn't know that Bob Dylan's new tour will also be announced tomorrow!?

So we've come down to ...1.... We have already discussed the last concert of the new leg, but where the first will be?
Picture clue:
numberone.jpg
numberone.jpg (4.17 KiB) Viewed 6928 times
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

jarkko wrote: So we've come down to ...1.... We have already discussed the last concert of the new leg, but where the first will be?
Picture clue:
numberone.jpg
Just a wild guess, but Port Douglas would be quite a pleasant place to shake off the jet lag before heading down the highway to Cairns to re-start a concert tour.

Alan
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

STOP JARKKO! You,re making me crazy :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

MaryB wrote:STOP JARKKO! You,re making me crazy :lol:
..... and you're turning me into a complete insomniac!
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
B4real

Post by B4real »

Geez! Mary and Joy,
How do you think I feel :roll: haha!!!

And poor Alan above! Over the last few days he’s had to put up with me changing my mind a thousand times!
I apologise again, I’m normally a sane sensible person but at the moment .....

And suspiciously I’ve noticed that Jarkko hasn’t outright denied Adam1’s suggestion as posted ....hmmm!
Sometimes it’s not what you say, but what you don’t say :razz:
Could it be that I'm not the only LC fan so far north in Queensland!

And all I can say about where the first concert is that it could be in a new venue - and that doesn't necessarily mean a new city :)

***The first venue is shown in the picture above! / Jarkko***
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

The Gold Coast will be a perfect start for Leonard's Australian tour.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
crimpies

Post by crimpies »

Perth Arena!

Melbourne Feb 5 2009 / Melbourne Feb 10 2009 / Wellington Oct 31 2010 / Wellington Nov 1 2010 / Melbourne Nov 12 2010 / Melbourne Nov 13 2010 / Sydney Nov 16 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

B4real wrote:And all I can say about where the first concert is that it could be in a new venue - and that doesn't necessarily mean a new city

***The first venue is shown in the picture above! / Jarkko***
Thank you Jarkko :D

Ah crimpes, I gave myself that idea and just found it too!

.... So this could then be the order of the cities as is above:
Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Wollongong, Geelong, Adelaide, Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.

Seems a bit disjointed geographically in Australia.
Last edited by B4real on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”