London Concert- looking for accommodation advice

This is the place for forum members to help one another experience the best possible travel to Cohen-related events or get-togethers
Franjel

London Concert- looking for accommodation advice

Post by Franjel »

Just wondering if I could get some advice from Leonard's London fans. Having booked to go to the September London concert on a mad impulse, I then had to sell the idea of a weekend in London to my husband & 14 year old daughter ( to assuage my guilt at skiving off yet again for another Concert :oops: )
I will be going on my own to & from the concert and feel quite unnerved at the idea of walking around London alone at night. I would appreciate suggestions as to reasonable hotels/accommodation/B&B's that are located on/near the Jubilee line so I don't have far to walk when I get off the tube coming home from the concert. Also if it was central enough so my family can sightsee while I am at the concert.
Or if there was a hotel where there are a number of fans staying, that would be great also to know, and if I could tag along going to/from the concert, well that would be brilliant.
looking forward to hearing any suggestions.
Thanks
Franjel
Last edited by Franjel on Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd love...."to speak with Leonard, he's a sportsman and a shepherd,.... I love that... "lazy Bastard living in a suit"
lea schnabel00

Re: London Concert- looking for accommodation advice

Post by lea schnabel00 »

hey franjel

i don't know if you are going to the concert in june or in september.i'm coming to the june's alone from israel.i ordered a room in a small hotel.it's location looks good.

a small st near to oxford st,and not far from jubilee.maybe it will help. the hotel called rose court hotel,and i made ordered in booking.com

good luck,lea schnabel
Franjel

Post by Franjel »

lea schnabel00 wrote:hey franjel

i don't know if you are going to the concert in june or in september.i'm coming to the june's alone from israel.i ordered a room in a small hotel.it's location looks good.

a small st near to oxford st,and not far from jubilee.maybe it will help. the hotel called rose court hotel,and i made ordered in booking.com

good luck,lea schnabel
Thanks for that Lea, Much appreciated. Hope you have a wonderful time :)
I'd love...."to speak with Leonard, he's a sportsman and a shepherd,.... I love that... "lazy Bastard living in a suit"
Evenstar

Post by Evenstar »

Hello Franjel,
I'm going in June and I am staying at the St Giles in Central London http://centrallondon.stgiles.com/default.aspx?pg=hotel. I have stayed there before and it's fine. It will be a tube / DLR journey to get to the O2 but it shouldn't be a problem. The Hotel is very convenient for other thing like the British Museum etc.
I am getting very excited! I have also bought tickets for the 2 nights in Dublin!
Chris
Evenstar

Post by Evenstar »

Franjel, by the way I am also travelling alone, I am happy travelling around London so if you would like to meet up and travel to the Arena together that would be great.
\Chris
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

Hi Franjel
I found the Travellodge London Central Southwark for the June concert - it is reasonably priced and is 5 stops away on the Jubilee line from North Greenwich and also well placed for access to central London. The hotel is also quite close to Southwark tube.
Best
Bartleby
Those who earnestly are lost
Are lost and lost again

1989: Hydra; 1993: Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2008: Dublin x 3; Manchester Opera House x 2; London O2; Royal Albert Hall x 2; 2009: Dublin 02 x 2; 2010: Sligo x 2; 2012: Dublin x 2; 2013: London O2; Dublin x 2; 2014: Dublin meet up
Franjel

Post by Franjel »

Evenstar wrote:Hello Franjel,
I'm going in June and I am staying at the St Giles in Central London http://centrallondon.stgiles.com/default.aspx?pg=hotel. I have stayed there before and it's fine. It will be a tube / DLR journey to get to the O2 but it shouldn't be a problem. The Hotel is very convenient for other thing like the British Museum etc.
I am getting very excited! I have also bought tickets for the 2 nights in Dublin!
Chris
Hi Chris
Thanks so much for that. I'm going to the September Concert directly after the 2 in Dublin. A long lovely week of Cohen! Hope to see you in Dublin :D
Thanks again for the info
Franjel
Franjel

Post by Franjel »

Bartleby wrote:Hi Franjel
I found the Travellodge London Central Southwark for the June concert - it is reasonably priced and is 5 stops away on the Jubilee line from North Greenwich and also well placed for access to central London. The hotel is also quite close to Southwark tube.
Best
Bartleby
Hi Bartleby,
Thanks a mill for the info, I will check it out.
Much appreciated :D
Franjel
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour »

Whenever I travel over to the O2 London for a gig, I stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Greenwich
which is just at the top of the hill from the O2 - about 10-15 mins walk down before the gig and very handy
when it finishes with no hustle and bustle looking for transport across the river. It is not the cheapest but
you can't beat the convenience. If you fly into Gatwick get the train to London Bridge and the Jubilee
line stops right in front of the O2. I will be there this week for Leonard and the Moody Blues on
Saturday. ALso booked for the September gig ......

Return to “Traveling Pack”