From Roscoe

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

From Roscoe

Post by jarkko »

To my dear friends and well-wishers:

First, I would like to thank many who have written, sent messages, and even gifts over the past few days. I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am to have received the many kind thoughts and prayers. No one could ever dispute that the Leonard Cohen community of fans is the most thoughtful, considerate, and yes, involved community of any... certainly any I have ever had the pleasure to know. The concern shown regarding my health in the last few days has touched me deeply, and I am very moved by the show of affection.

After undergoing a battery of tests at Jewish hospital in Louisville, KY, I'm happy to report that the results of the exams were very good, and I'm in fine health other than suffering from exhaustion and dehydration.

The upshot is, I am fine, a return to full health is already underway, and I was delighted to be back on stage with my friends last night in Wallingford, Connecticut. Thank you again, dear friends for the kind thoughts and your heartfelt concern. I look forward to seeing you down the road soon.

Sincerely,
Roscoe
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
holydove

Re: From Roscoe

Post by holydove »

Thank you for posting that Jarkko & thank you to Roscoe for such a sweet & thoughtful message!

And to our Dear Roscoe,

I'm so glad to hear that you are in good health, & I was so happy & relieved to see you back on stage last night in Wallingford! I saw your stand-up base on the stage while waiting for the concert to begin, & I took that as a promising sign. And when you walked onto the stage, I yelled out, "Yay, Roscoe!", but since I am kind of shy, I probably didn't yell loud enough for you to hear me. But please know that my heart leapt with joy at the sight of your beautiful presence, & at the very welcome return of the brilliant sound of your bass & singing.

We love you & need you, so please take care of yourself, rest as much as you need to, & drink lots of water & tea!

Hope to see you again, in full health, very soon.

Love,
Rachel
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thank you Jarkko for posting this.

Roscoe,
Thank you for letting us know the particulars of your illness. Soooo glad to hear that you are feeling much better. Your presence was sorely missed in Louisville. PLEAZZZZZ take care of yourself.
Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks Roscoe and Jarkko for that info. So glad to see the "glue" that holds the band together is recovering its strength!
jarkko wrote:I look forward to seeing you down the road soon.

Sincerely,
Roscoe
and ..... ahem .... Roscoe, ah, just how far down "under" the road soon are you travelling ;-)
You know sunny Queensland in Australia is just the perfect place to rehabilitate one's self!!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Thanks, Jarkko and Roscoe. It's great to know that Roscoe is back and well.
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Thanks Jarkko for posting Roscoe's words.

Roscoe, thank you for your message. Please take care.
As always proud being part of this comunity.
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Thanks Roscoe for your touching words! Glad you're back!
Keep on rocking!
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
nizor

Post by nizor »

Thanks Jarkko for posting.

So glad you are feeling better Roscoe, take care of yourself.

Danny and Eric Belgium
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Rest well and keep yourself up my friend.
bettyvercauteren

Post by bettyvercauteren »

:D Dear Roscoe,
Thank you for your kind words,
take good care of yourself,
take enough rest,
drink a lot of water,
and keep on rocking :!:
big hug from

"Bets" :lol:
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

Roscoe,
Glad you had a Jewish doctor examine every inch of you and clear you to get back on stage :-)
Take very good care,
--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
mary emma

Post by mary emma »

Dear Roscoe,
I’m so glad you are feeling better! And hope to see you playing in Europe soon.
Normally when I’m feeling ill, my doctor prescribes me “one Cohen a day”, when it’s bad “three Cohen a day” (I think an overdose would do as well) and when it’s really very bad “a ticket a week”… I asked social security in Belgium, but they don’t refund anything of that :shock: ... I wonder why? Laws should be changed… :lol:
Your prescription is take a rest from time to time, drink lots of water or tea and keep on rocking. Take care!
Warmest regards,
MaryEmma
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Take care...stay well...it's so good to see you back. xoxo
Caren

Post by Caren »

What a lovely message. Thank you Roscoe. Stay well and take care.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
anny

Post by anny »

thank yoy jarkko for posting this message
thank you roscoe for your heartwarming and touching words!
proud to be part of this community roscoe

take care roscoe follow your diet striktly pls

take care everybody

{a cohen a day keeps the doctor away)

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”