CONCERT REPORT: Tampa, March 18th, 2013.

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
LC&LC

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Tampa, March 18th, 2013.

Post by LC&LC »

interesting Wendy!
do you think we can safely assume LC likes Camargue? :)
I don't have any trip scheduled to Camargue for the time being, but if I go there, I'll send you a pm in case you want me to get you one!
Christelle
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

LC&LC wrote:interesting Wendy!
do you think we can safely assume LC likes Camargue? :)
I don't have any trip scheduled to Camargue for the time being, but if I go there, I'll send you a pm in case you want me to get you one!
Christelle
Oh yes, thank you!!

BTW I have edited my previous post to add a photo from the second Montreal concert.

Wendy
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

great shot (I had to really carefuly look at the picture to read the word Camargue)!
so that's a deal (but you could plan a trip yourself you know, it's a gorgeous part of France, absolutely Worth the trip)
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

The source of the Leonard photo with Rafael with a camera in the background is here:

http://www.nordjyske.dk/nyheder/charmoe ... /1/1513#/0

The photographer is Michael Koch. The photo is from the Aalborg concert, August 26, 2012.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Aha – and thanks Marie! I was just searching – but not coming up with the source. The picture definitely was NOT from the show on Monday. Where I posted above - it was a link in a PR Tweet sent out on by the venue (@StrazCenter) on March 11th - so that was well before this show. They also posted it at their Facebook site on March 11th - "David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts" - More PR about the upcoming show -
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

That's interesting about your pendant LC&LC!
Mabeanie1 wrote: The setlist has already been posted in this thread by Inspector Javert - see above. Thank you dear Inspector!
As an aside, setlist.fm has proved to be particularly unreliable so far this year so can I make a plea for all concert attenders to post the setlists, either in the Concert Report thread or in the setlists thread (I'm sure one of the mods will copy across to the setlists thread as necessary).
Wendy
I also thank the “dear Inspector” 8) For sharing his concert experience - and the set list as he remembered it – and especially for starting a concert report thread (and adjusting the title of the thread to make it the official threadl!) And from all the reviews and recaps - sounds like this was yet another wonderful and special show. Wish I had been there!

I guess there really was no need for me to post the set list from Setlist.fm – I looked at the official Setlists thread here at the forum - http://bit.ly/1488clq - and noted that there was nothing for Tampa – so I posted it here even though it was the same version as already posted. BUT - my thought was that if someone noticed corrections were necessary, the link was available so they could also be made at Setlist.fm

Wendy – I think what you suggested is a very good plea – that concert attendees post the set lists in the Concert Threads and/or (or both) the official Setlists thread. Also – I would add another plea – and that would be that concert attendees feel free to start concert report threads if there is not one already available - to share their experiences for these wonderful shows. Or even non-concert attendees (as am I more often than not) feel free. And even starting threads prior to a show can be good, because there is frequently interesting pre-concert information “out there” – e.g. – the recent Milwaukee show where an official “Leonard Cohen Day” was declared. It would be good to have that information posted in the Milwaukee Concert Report thread for when it is perused at future times.
Just some suggestions – and maybe the mods may have different suggestions or wishes.

Regarding the set lists - I post whatever I may see “out there” in the Concert Report threads but make no claim of knowledge as to accuracy.
I leave that to those involved with the Setlist thread. Generally, I do not post in the Setlists thread (unless I have personally attended a show) –
I leave that to a concert attendees and other keepers of that thread.

And one other thought - while what is posted at Setlist.fm may not be entirely accurate initially – it is heartening that people do seem to go to the bother there to edit. And sometimes it seems to be the only source for a set list. Also, I think all set lists there to date have been edited – and are now accurate?
Inspector Javert

Post by Inspector Javert »

My setlist was based on my memory and previous setlists so a verification setlist is quite welcome.
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

Inspector Javert wrote:My setlist was based on my memory and previous setlists so a verification setlist is quite welcome.
We were in Tampa (a perfect moment during our vacation) and according to my wife (who has filmed it) between 'Waiting for the miracle" and "Anyhow" Leonard has song "Show me the place". And she says "I have the evidence on my phone".

Anyone who dares contradict my wife? :shock:
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

TonVH wrote:
Inspector Javert wrote:My setlist was based on my memory and previous setlists so a verification setlist is quite welcome.
We were in Tampa (a perfect moment during our vacation) and according to my wife (who has filmed it) between 'Waiting for the miracle" and "Anyhow" Leonard has song "Show me the place". And she says "I have the evidence on my phone".

Anyone who dares contradict my wife? :shock:
Thanks TonVH!! Looks like more editing needs to be done to the set list! And how lucky you were to hear "Show Me The Place" (not to mention - the whole show)! Um - I note your saying that your wife filmed it. :D Video has been really sparse from these recent shows - I'm hoping she can upload to YouTube!!
Tchocolatl

Re: Tampa Concert

Post by Tchocolatl »

This is the interest of writing here (among other things) : complement of information! Thanks!

From LC&LC'S link :
The Camargue cross is an emblem formed with a Latin cross whose upper ends represent a three-pronged fork ( a working tool used by "gardians" (cowboys) ) and whose lower end is a sea anchor topped by a heart.

It stands for the three cardinal virtues :

The cross for faith
The anchor for hope
The heart for charity

The Camargue cross was created by the painter and sculptor Hermann Paul in 1924 at Marquis of Baroncelli's request. The first one, forged in 1930 by G?d?on Blati?re was put in Saintes Maries de la Mer, near the Maure bridge not far from the Simbeu farmhouse where the Marquis of Baroncelli used to live. Today, it is still there.
There is a cow-boy culture over there! (Surprise!! :D )
Mabeanie1 wrote:Leonard often wears a square pin (or whatever they're called) with "Camargue" at the top of it. This photo is from the second Montreal concert at the Bell Centre on November 29.
Those neck ornaments are part of the out-fit of the perfect westerner (U.S.) gentleman, this I knew (the bolo tie and the Stetson hat that he is wearing). I just learn that they are called bolo tie (it seems that in the U.K", though, they are known as bootlace ties. And I just learned that there is such things as Carmague polo ties.

And I was not reading the forum around the time this was written :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14795&start=0
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Teresa Medina

Post by Teresa Medina »

Every concert is so special, always there is a moment (or a lots of moments) that a thunder break into my soul, my heart, my spirit. This concert was the number six in my history with Leonard, he and his band are great ones, which transmit pure energy, feelings...

In this time I have the opportunity to talk with Rafael Gayol, a wonderful person too... I told him that last summer I started my Leonard's trip in Hydra (on his birthday!!), I went to find his house... and I did!!! and delivered a letter to him...

I lived in Mexico city, and I met Leonard by "accident" at Florence, my favorite place, two years ago... and I fall in love with him, his art, his passion.. it has been so amazing touring around the world following this magic....I hope see him again in Oslo... see you then my dear Leonard.
cubancowboy

Post by cubancowboy »

Excellent review of the Tampa show here:

http://cltampa.com/tampa/review-leonard ... Uus8DcTQmA

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”