Winnipeg, MB Concert Rescheduled to April 26

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
MarieM

Winnipeg, MB Concert Rescheduled to April 26

Post by MarieM »

LEONARD COHEN’S MARCH 11 CONCERT AT MTS CENTRE IN WINNIPEG, MB

HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO APRIL 26

Leonard Cohen’s March 11 concert at MTS Centre in Winnipeg, MB has been rescheduled to April 26. Due to an outbreak of the flu among several band members, Mr. Cohen has regretfully made the rare decision to reschedule the show. In addition to his concern for the health and well-being of his musicians, Mr. Cohen wants to ensure that fans are give nothing less than the highest standard concert experience that he has consistently delivered to audiences worldwide for more than 300 concerts over the past five years.

All tickets for the originally scheduled concert will be honored at the rescheduled performance on April 26. Refunds will be available at original point of purchase.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Wybe
Site Admin

Re: Winnipeg, MB Concert Rescheduled to April 26

Post by Wybe »

CBC News Posted: Mar 8, 2013 5:11 PM CST Last Updated: Mar 8, 2013 5:19 PM CST

Leonard Cohen's March 11 show at Winnipeg's MTS Centre has been re-scheduled to April 26, due to an outbreak of the flu among several band members.

Cohen's Los Angeles-based promoter made the announcement late Friday, saying Cohen "regretfully" made the rare decision to re-schedule the show out of concern for the health of his musicians.

All tickets for next Monday's performance will be honoured for the April concert, the MTS Centre said in a news release.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... w-flu.html
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
holydove

Post by holydove »

So sad to hear that band members are sick! I wish them all a speedy recovery & joyous return to the stage when they are fully recovered.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Hmm.. Gives new perspective on seeing Charley and Hattie sipping hot tea between songs Sunday in Oakland. Usually it's water or wine.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I seem to remember that Leonard performed in Dublin when he was under the weather after Glastonbury, and several other bands members push on while fighting the flu. Dino was under the weather at Sligo and was sipping tea throughout the concerts. Basically the "show goes on", unless the majority of the "show" are down with the flu. My thoughts are with them all, as I've just been going through this myself. :( Hope all are on the road to recovery.
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I feel bad for those that booked flights (if any).
Inge

Post by Inge »

Maybe this will help a speedy recovery for the band members with the flu.
Or fans with the flu, for that matter.
Attachments
With Love and Keep Warm.jpg

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”