'They played Passing Through'

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
Hartmut

'They played Passing Through'

Post by Hartmut »

'Today’s rehearsal is pretty laid back, spent on polishing a few numbers and having fun with some well practiced songs, ad-libbing. They played Passing Through, a song I haven’t heard since I don’t know when.'

http://dragonhelm.wordpress.com/2013/02 ... ehearsals/
Mabeanie1

Re: 'They played Passing Through'

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I could have done without the opening comments - I wish Leif had kept the details to himself - but the news that they played Passing Through in rehearsals is interesting. Brings back memories of the final show in Las Vegas in December 2010 when we sang the chorus during the interval for what seemed like forever before Leonard ran on stage and sang the final line back to us.

Wendy
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Mabeanie1 wrote: the news that they played Passing Through in rehearsals is interesting. Brings back memories of the final show in Las Vegas in December 2010 when we sang the chorus during the interval for what seemed like forever before Leonard ran on stage and sang the final line back to us.

Wendy
Yes, a very emotional moment for all attending - ..... - wonderfully memorialized by Albert Noonan's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfDdwAg ... e=youtu.be

For those interested, YouTube has a whole selction of Leonard singing this tapestry of life throughout the 80's!

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks Hartmut, for the idea!
I’ve recently posted a photo in the Picture Game with a line from Passing Through after reading this thread.
I had to do some research on the song to give a date clue and in the process, I found out a few things about it.

Seems that Leonard has sung this song in concert over 100 times. From Dublin 18th March 1972 to Victoria 30th July 1993. Now these statistics are from my own records and not official so there could be room for error. Please feel free anyone to adjust this if necessary.

.... and Wendy, maybe Leonard got the idea to possibly include this song in the coming concerts because of that moment in Vegas ;-)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Hartmut

Re: AW: 'They played Passing Through'

Post by Hartmut »

Yes, Bev, I suspected you were talking about this song in the picture thread; but I wasn't sure about which line.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

i haven't read his blog before , but just skimming through a few entries it seems the author likes to report on how he's feeling physically!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Hartmut

Re: AW: 'They played Passing Through'

Post by Hartmut »

Well, that's what blogs are there for ...

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”