Miami Meet Up

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
Hydrogal

Re: Miami Meet Up

Post by Hydrogal »

Hello Miami-bound Cohenites. Rick and I just returned from our reconnoiter of the Miami venue - the James L Knight Center. The venue is located within the Hyatt Regency Miami complex. We found public parking about 1 1/2 blocks from the venue--$10.00. I think the valet parking at the hotel would also include the JLK Center. If anyone has booked into the Hyatt, it is really lovely. We took a walk from the hotel along the waterfront to Bay Front Park and a bit further to Bayside. Up-scale, down-scale and everything in between for shoppers. Lots of restaurants including a Hard Rock and an Off The Hookah. Not much else in the way of restaurants or bars in between the hotel and Bayside. This area (Bayside) is about a mile from the hotel, so I am thinking it is too far for a pre concert meet. By the way, it was 80 degrees and sunny. Too hot and far for a walk in dress clothes and possibly heels! The hotel itself has a great bar/restaurant on the main floor, just on the edge of the lobby. Wednesday ( our concert day) offers $4.00 drafts and 1/2 price on bottles of wine. The menu is cafe style with burgers, wings etc. Not too pricey. There are several areas in the bar where a group could sit and talk. This place gets my vote for a meet-up. Check it out online and let me know what you think. The bar is called Pure Verde and the cafe is The Riverwalk.
We enjoyed ourselves and it was not a burden at all!! A nice dinner and a bottle of wine-a walk in the sunshine along the Biscayne Bay. I would do it again. :D
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Hi Barbara....

Sounds as though you enjoyed your scouting!...I am glad..and thank you..
Also sounds like a good plan....
It is so funny to me...this will be my first visit to Miami and I have lived in
Ft. Lauderdale for 12 years!...
I am looking forward to it.....
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
sweetsleep

Post by sweetsleep »

Hello Barbara,

Thanks again for your research. The place you described sounds perfect. Look forward to seeing everyone again - especially Leonard!
Count me in along with my cousin.

Nancy
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Jeanne, Wow! Not even to the airport? I don't get down there very often either. Rick (Mr Hydrogal) gets down there on occasion so he knows his way around. Our GPS wanted us to leave I-95 at one point before our exit. We did not! It is a straight shot--95 south to exit 2A(exits to the left). Follow the exit and the Hyatt is right there. Very easy.
SweetSleep, it is a nice set-up for a get together, I think. And we will be very close for picking up our will-call tickets.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
courage

Post by courage »

I might show up. I have not booked any ticket yet. thought the 500 dollars were to much for me. I will think and plan
19xx - Göteborg
2008 - Got 12 Oct, Sto 15 Oct, CPH 17 Oct, Ham 31 Oct.
2009 - Cologne, Berlin,
2010 - Göteborg
2012 Copenhagen, Alborg, Göteborg
2013 Stockholm, Oslo - August
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Hello Courage-- hope to see you there.
Barbara
we are so lightly here

Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Well, all's been quiet here on Miami meet-up site. Hope to see a few familiar and a few unfamiliar ones as well. :-D
Barbara
we are so lightly here

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”