Miami Meet Up

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
Hydrogal

Miami Meet Up

Post by Hydrogal »

Hello All!
Is anyone interested in a meet-up in Miami--pre concert? I am willing to take a drive down to the area and scope out some places within walking distance of the venue. I live about 60 miles to the north of Miami, but it's would be a nice Sunday drive for Rick and me.
Anyone?
Barbara

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
lizzytysh

Re: Miami Meet Up

Post by lizzytysh »

I would, Barbara. Will check with my friend and see if she would be, too.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Hi.....Miami bound
Barbara...looking forward to meet
Lizzy...will be nice to see you again

Will join in on any Miami meet up.......and help if can......

I live only about a half an hour away....but have never spent any time in Miami...
just passed it by......
You probably know more about the town than I do...

Am certainly looking forward to Leonard....seems so long ago.....
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Jeanne & Lizzy, Great! I'm going to try and get down there in the next 2 weeks. I'll keep in touch. :-)

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's great, jeanne... me, too !

We don't have much of an established Forum fan base in Florida, but I know we could have. If we're comfortable with it , we might want to talk about the Forum to others we meet and encourage them to come here. At some point, we may want to arrange for an informal meet-up, focused on a fun activity. [Please no hunting pythons in the Everglades ;-) ]
~ Oscar Wilde
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Lizzy -- are you scared of snakes?! Me too :shock: , so no snake hunts! But I do like your idea!
Jeanne -- I am not familiar with Miami either, but my husband, Rick, is familiar enough to find our way around. We will take a ride down there on the 23rd and I'll come back with some ideas (I hope).
Barbara
we are so lightly here

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, Barb, you have a partner in fear, but only to a point.

Actually, I LOVE snakes :lol: ... but there are snakes and there are SNAKES and guess which the Burmese Pythons hanging out in the Everglades are ;-)

I love holding people's pet snakes. In the wild, however, I am always immediately startled and unnerved when I see one until I can tell [IF I can tell] whether or not they're poisonous. Walked out my front door to go somewhere this past summer and there was an approximately eight-foot yellow snake in my front yard. Got all my cats INSIDE and then found it on the Internet, finding that it was a rat snake and [supposedly] only a danger to rats. Not through its bite, but its contractions. Found some exchanges between people where one said they're not a danger to chickens, that they only want the eggs and a woman responded, "Tell my hen that."

Well, my two youngest cats were smaller than a hen, and very curious. Seems they would automatically know, but who knows. So, found a broom and kept poking it and hitting the ground until it sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly moved across the yard into the brush-y part of it. It STARTED to reach up for a branch [they go UP INTO TREES :shock: ] and I said, "OH NO YOU DON'T!!!" and pulled the branch as hard as I could away from it with one arm, and pushed it away as hard as I could using my other arm with the broom. FINALLY, got it down to the corner of the brush-y lot, where I hoped I could get it to go across the street. Instead, it wound itself up into a 3-foot-high bush. I had to be satisfied with that and left. My next doctor's visit, however, was to a chiropractor from my days of looking UP that followed.

When the 'brill' so-called "Governor" announced the snake hunt to over 100 yahoos with guns stomping around in the Everglades looking to find and shoot them there [20+-footers there!], I thought it was INSANE... and expected the final tallies to end up in body counts vs. reptile counts. Somehow, no one got shot as I'd thought they might and they got something like 100 snakes, but that's not even a dent in the THOUSANDS that have taken over there and continue to multiply as they begin moving out into the inhabited areas. Now, they even have a special code for people to call the authorities for capture and pick up, and I THINK it's "GOT1" ~ terrific :roll: .

I did let the snake-related fears that I do have determine my route from seeing Leonard in Tampa to seeing him in Miami, though... and it will be substantially north of the Everglades vs. THROUGH them on that too-desolate-for-me highway through them. One never knows when something can go wrong with your vehicle and that's not where I want to be if something does.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in Miami :D .
~ Oscar Wilde
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Lizzy, I too was surprised at the small number of pythons taken(killed). I was under the impression that there was nothing that Americans with guns couldn't hunt to extinction!! ;-)
Looking forward to Miami too.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

LOLOL ~ you crack me up, Barb, but RIGHT! I mean c'mon... if they're such an essential aspect of protection, why haven't all those macho dragon slayers laid them out by the thousands!?! Granted, you have to see them to shoot them, but isn't THAT fact even a LITTLE bit scarey to these guys? Guaranteed, of course, few if any owned up to MISSED shots! They WERE given 'training' first hahah, but how does one train for the sheer terror of seeing a 20-foot snake five feet away and big enough to swallow and eat a goat or an alligator!?!
~ Oscar Wilde
sweetsleep

Post by sweetsleep »

Hi Barbara,Lizzy, Jeanne, and all Miami bound concert goers!

I am planning to attend the concert, of course, and my cousin is flying in to see Leonard with me. Look forward to seeing familiar faces again! And to meet together ahead of time!

Nancy
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Hi.....

Sweet sleep.....long time no see.....

Hope all has been well with you!....
Easy trip this time........

I went and got myself married....... surprised even me!

Looking forward......
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Congratulations Rosemarie! Hope you all have a wonderful meetup!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Okay. It's confirmed :) .

Please put me and my friend, Venessa, down as joining the meet-up.
~ Oscar Wilde
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

Jeanne, I just love it when I surprise even myself! It's usually hard to get one over on me!! But really, I mean congratulations on your marriage.
Lizzy-- yay! So glad your friend will be coming too.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes! I was very happy, too, Barbara! It'll be great to see everyone again!
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”