Right or left side of stage?

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
Zacf

Right or left side of stage?

Post by Zacf »

Friends-

Quick advice please. I'm buying tickets for LC's concert in Oakland. I will likely buy tickets in the front of the balcony- which is enjoyable for the Paramount- but likely either toward the Left or Right side of the stage.

Is one side preferable over the other given how the current tour is staged? If you have thoughts on the matter/ an opinion, please let me know in terms my RIght or Left (FACING the stage.)

Thank you so much.

Zac
musicmania

Re: Right or left side of stage?

Post by musicmania »

If I can't be at the centre I prefer to be at the right hand side facing the stage. In my opinion with the layout on stage if we are at the right we miss Mitch and Alex but Alex does stand for some of his solos whereas if we are at the left we miss Hattie, Sharon and Roscoe. I dislike when I miss seeing any of the band but consider the right side as the lesser of 2 evils. Neil and Rafael can be hard to see at the best of times anyway but no matter where you are you will always have a good view of Leonard.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

It depends on which band members you want to watch (in addition to Leonard!). If you are in the balcony, I'm not sure that it would make much difference, depending on its proximity to the stage.

If it does make a difference, I would choose the left-side (my left). I had expensive front row seats for one of the concerts in the Fall, but I was off to the right, and I only saw the backs of Javier, Alex, and Mitch (who were angled to face Leonard, rather than to face the audience, which I thought was odd). I was a bit dissapointed, because they are virtuouso musicians, and I really would have liked to have watched their hands as they did their thing. I had a marvellous view of Leonard, however!
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Every seat is pretty good in the Paramount and compared to arena shows you can't go wrong. Maybe go right side (you facing stage) because you can see Javier, Mitch, Alex more easily and the Webbs and Sharon stand facing slightly toward center. Most people rely on video for Neil much of the time anyway.

But.. hey.. Right? Left? That's why there are two shows in Oakland! :razz:
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

scocoh wrote:But.. hey.. Right? Left? That's why there are two shows in Oakland!
:-) :-)
mutti

Post by mutti »

I agree with Lisa that sitting on the left facing the stage you do get to see more of Jarvier, Alex and Mitch and to watch their hands in action!
My preference if not in the center is to sit on the left. You also get a great view of the Webb Sisters and Sharon Robinson and some of Neil Larson.
I have sat on the right and had to watch on the screen up above and I was pretty close to the stage.
Either side you have a great view of Leonard.

Good luck!
Both sides are totally fine as its such a wonderful concert.
Leslie 8)
Last edited by mutti on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I have sat left, center and right before.

Center is my first choice but when that can't happen LEFT is my choice as it gives me a good view of the Webb sisters and Sharon and if I look right I also get good views of Dino/Alex and Javier .

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”