Another Presale?

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
MaryB

Another Presale?

Post by MaryB »

By Jarkko;
We will have a presale to one Spring concert next Wednesday (Jan 30), with an announcement on the day before.

My guess is New Orleans. What do I win Jarkko? :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Mabeanie1

Re: Another Presale?

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I think it will be a new city for this tour as there were no presales for the second shows in Oakland and New York. My guess is that they have slotted a Toronto date in after Hamilton. It's only a very short distance by road so an easy journey for both band and equipment.

I did think about Vancouver the day after Victoria but that would be tricky because they would have to get the equipment back to the mainland in time to set up for the show. Do-able but a bit tight ....

I guess we'll know on Tuesday.

Wendy
mutti

Post by mutti »

Maybe a new city in Canada or on the west coast?
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

My guess is FREDERICTION, NB where it all began in 2008 with an intimate loving crowd that gave him his confidence back.
Fredericton preceded Halifax then and the calendar looks right for it to precede Halifax in 2013.
Alas, the original 700 seat theatre will be too small this time. But, wherever it is held, it will be a glorious return.
Note to videographers - have your cameras running between songs. I predict a lot of memoralble banter.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

Jarkko, would you perhaps have a cryptic clue to offer us?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

bridger15 wrote:My guess is FREDERICTION, NB where it all began in 2008 with an intimate loving crowd that gave him his confidence back.
Fredericton preceded Halifax then and the calendar looks right for it to precede Halifax in 2013.

---Arlene
What a lovely idea Arlene. I bet that would suit you too Ronaldson?

Wendy
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

I bet that would suit you too Ronaldson?

Wendy
I love the idea! But it's hard to believe that it could actually happen with three other arena shows already announced in the Maritimes...and the truth is, it would be impossible to recreate the unique magic of that very first concert at The Playhouse.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Yes, Fredericton of course. And for the pre-sale just show your 2008 ticket stub and receive the same seat at 50% off! :D :D

Aitken University Centre
■Seating Capacity of 4,200 for Full Concerts. An additional 418 seats are available by selling side stage.
■Maximum Capacity of 6077 for a 270 degree concert with a General Admission Floor

I stood outside all night in March for the 2008 show. But it's been near -30 C the last few days.
Last edited by Steve Wilcox on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'd love to see just a few treated to the concert arena where he regained his confidence.
Note to videographers - have your cameras running between songs. I predict a lot of memoralble banter.
So OFTEN true, isn't it, Arlene... I love it when it gets included... so much a part of the whole experience.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

Steve Wilcox wrote:I stood outside all night in March for the 2008 show. But it's been near -30 C the last few days.
Yes, it has been a little too cold of late. I am glad we do not need to line up outdoors. Thank you so much, Jarkko and Marie, for the the warmth of the presales!
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I think it will be a new city for this tour as there were no presales for the second shows in Oakland and New York. My guess is that they have slotted a Toronto date in after Hamilton. It's only a very short distance by road so an easy journey for both band and equipment.

I did think about Vancouver the day after Victoria but that would be tricky because they would have to get the equipment back to the mainland in time to set up for the show. Do-able but a bit tight ....

I guess we'll know on Tuesday.

Wendy
Sounds reasonable, W. Though I'm not familiar with Canada (except BC), it looks like they will have to travel through Toronto anyway-- though the route to Halifax could also easily include either Ottawa, Montreal, or QC.

If it IS Toronto, however, those who would enjoy a smaller venue might want to get their cards ready--- The venue will likely be the Sony Centre because the Air Canada Centre is booked on those gap dates. (A possible return to Massey Hall is open on the 10th, booked on the 11th)

(Ottawa's Scotiabank Place is open on the 10th; Montreal's Bell Centre is open on the 10th and 11th; QCs Pepsi is open on the 10th)

And then again-- April 4th is just sitting there waiting to be booked as well. (Apr 2 CT to Apr 6/7 NY-- Too soon for another Boston? Be alert, Philly! Paging Sturgess!!!! Don't wanna get your hopes up but...)

And of course--- West Coast-ers see no reason to not add a show before the current opening show in Oakland. San Diego? LA?
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

The available dates in the present tour seem to be March 26, April 4 and April 11.

So my guess is April 11, or, after April 21. The thing about playing Newfoundland is you have drive the equipment all the way back to somewhere.

I agree though with Ronaldson, New Brunswick likely can't support another show beyond Saint John and Moncton. Maybe PEI (Sting just announced he's playing there!). But if it's after Newfoundland it could be anywhere on the east coast. But how many shows can the Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City, Boston, markets support? Shows don't seem to be selling out as quickly.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Buffalo? Shea's Cetre for the Performing Arts (across the border from Hamilton)
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

I agree that April 11 seems most likely. What else would they do for four days between Hamilton and Halifax? And Wendy is probably right about Toronto. I'd guess the Sony Centre as the venue-- surely that show would sell out easily:

http://www.sonycentre.ca/Performances/Seating-Map.aspx#

Interesting-- judging by the available dates at the venues on the last segment of concerts after Hamilton, they could have had Halifax, NS, Saint John, NB, Moncton, NB , St. John’s, NL pretty much whenever/whatever order they wished. Yet they left that gap there.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Steve Wilcox wrote:Buffalo? Shea's Cetre for the Performing Arts (across the border from Hamilton)
Wow. That would be nice, judging by the photos:

http://www.sheas.org/pages/gallery/gallery.html

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”