SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
Mabeanie1

Re: SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Seems to me the tickets we were offered for the second RCMH show clearly demonstrated just how lucky we were to have the presale for the first show.

Wendy
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour »

Hi Lizzy,

I got PP for the second night after getting DD for the first night yesterday.
I am happy enough and with Fleetwood Mac coming on the Monday at MSG,
throw in 2 x Knicks basketball and 1 x Rangers ice hockey and it will be
an eventful week.
Hope you get suitable tickets and enjoy the shows.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
holydove

Post by holydove »

I didn't have access to a computer at the time the sale for 4/7 began, so my husband did the buying, & he accepted seats in row OO, which yes, were in the highest price category. My husband was well-meaning, as always, but I might have passed up those tickets. . .but now that we have them, I decided 15th row is not so terrible, & at least we will be there, & that's always a wonderful thing. . .

As Gwen said, though, I will check to see what comes available closer to the concert date, & if there is something better, I might not be able to resist. . .& then I will have to hope that someone else will want the first set of tickets. . .I hope something good will manifest for you too, Lizzy! Also, remember that the rows are curved at Radio City, so even seats to the side will not be very far to the side.

I do think it's rather awful, though, that NYC charges the highest price for seats that far back; I think anything further back than the 10th row should be in a lower price category. - esp. at MSG, where the floor is not on an incline; actually, I don't know for sure if the floor at Radio City is on an incline, but I think so. . .I hope so. . . I remember that for MSG, even VIP tickets could be as far back as the 20th row. . .(I didn't intend to buy VIP there, but I remember noticing that). NYC - what chutzpah! (that means "what nerve" in Yiddish).
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

holydove wrote:I think anything further back than the 10th row should be in a lower price category.
It is - the first 10 rows are Diamond VIP! Seriously though, I do agree it's a lot of money for row 15 but they charge it because they can.

And yes, the floor does slope pretty well. The view from row OO should be pretty good if you stick with those seats - and you will probably be closer to the stage than you were in Ghent.

Wendy
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

We were row 28 for the 2nd Kilmainham concert and it was still top price! Lizzy the touts might be getting desparate just before the concert so you could get a ticket cheaper than face value!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
holydove

Post by holydove »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
It is - the first 10 rows are Diamond VIP! Seriously though, I do agree it's a lot of money for row 15 but they charge it because they can.

And yes, the floor does slope pretty well. The view from row OO should be pretty good if you stick with those seats - and you will probably be closer to the stage than you were in Ghent.

Wendy
Oh, I didn't realize the whole first 10 rows were VIP - well, that would explain some things!

Yes, the Great Gap of Gent - I remember it well! They could fit a whole 'nother theater in that gap! And it was pretty scary looking down that abyss. ..

Gwen, I didn't know that about Kilmainhim, but actually, in Gent the "golden circle" consisted of 30 rows, & they were all in the highest price category. But still, I don't think it should be that way anywhere, but I suppose it's more constructive to focus on the positive, which is that Leonard Cohen will give a 2nd concert in NYC, & what a wonderful thing that is!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

holydove wrote:I suppose it's more constructive to focus on the positive, which is that Leonard Cohen will give a 2nd concert in NYC, & what a wonderful thing that is!
Absolutely! It is a strong possibility that these will be my only LC concerts this year as funds running very low so I am delighted :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

holydove

Post by holydove »

I look forward to seeing you in NYC, Gwen!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yeah, I hope so, too... either before the concert or at the venue.
I was so disheartened when the KK tickets went POOF!

That happened on the phone, too, with Tampa... the seat she had selected had disappeared by the time she actually went for it with my info in place. I ended up with only one seat in between the seat I'd chosen [given the selection at the time] and where I ended up, so it wasn't like this.

After KK didn't work out, I wasn't even able to get PP! Oh, well... maybe something else later... or a desperate tout ;-) .
Thanks for your good wishes, Gwen, holydove, and James.

For the 6th, PP was the only offer MULTIPLE times for both me and my friend on the phone [at the ready to enter my credit card info], which is why I finally went for a VIP ticket. It's good to know that the side seats aren't quite as "side" as most, too. Thanks for that information.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

holydove wrote:I look forward to seeing you in NYC, Gwen!
I look forward to seeing you too Rachel :D

Fingers crossed you get sorted Lizzy.

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Gwen! I'm actually pretty confident I will. No idea why... maybe it's a case of why not?
It beats feeling like a whiney wimp... I guess that would be whinging wimp to you guys over there.
I know it's the space my head is in right now... so quick to feel frustrated, so quick to feel sorry for myself.
~ Oscar Wilde
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

lizzytysh wrote: It's good to know that the side seats aren't quite as "side" as most, too. Thanks for that information.
Don't be disheartened Lizzy. I had a side seat at the 2009 RC show #1, and it was great. Was so happy to be on stage right, near the ladies (nothing personal to the gents). Am going to this year's first show, but need to wait a bit to pick up a ticket for the second. Will then be on the hunt for one seat, and will happily take the best I can afford/get my hands on. Just know have to be there. So completely smitten with all.

Does this all mean that if and when they come back next year it will be at The Beacon? May we please go full circle?

Swoons and laughter.
Jacqueline
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

SNeeky. i JUST learned about this 20 minutes ago. :neutral:

No problems ordering tickets this time; I'm a happy camper; again 8)

Hope to see you at one of the two Oakland meet ups.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Okay, so some life lessons are more expensive than others.

Due to other reasons, I'm sticking with my April 6 VIP package.
Managed to get ~ today ~ for April 7, Row TT, Seat 314 [so first section to the Right of the center section as you're looking at the stage... and seat is right on the aisle, just to the right of the center section, so ALMOST in the center section. Level 1 pricing ~ more than I wanted to spend, but at least I'll be there!

However, I was FIRST [on the first day of the added-on date] offered PP and that wasn't good enough... so now I'm 4 rows behind that!

Now I've learned that when I found that they couldn't "process my request" on my KK seat that, had I Saved it originally [and no idea now whether I did or didn't], I very well may have been able to get it again, just by going to my Cart and clicking on it, again, there].
That's what happened TODAY with my Row TT ticket. I'd saved it, and kept looking for something else, and by the time I decided to buy it, it showed as Unable to Process. Seeing it was still in my Saved Cart, I tried it again from there... and got the chance to go through the whole nine yards with it to actually get it this time.

ALMOST gave in to an Emerald package for $100.00 more, but finally decided to SAVE that $100 [it wasn't even a better seat, being in Row A in the Center on the floor, but the saving grace was merchandise [had I wanted more of that].

Couldn't get to any "side" seats to save my life, though... so, hey... it's done, I'll be there, and I won't miss Leonard's second night in New York.
At least I know more about how T.M. 'works' for next time.

Live and learn.

~ Lizzy :D
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”