SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Post by jarkko »

By popular demand - second show added to both New York and Oakland!!

New York, Radio Music City Hall, second show on Sunday, April 7, 2013
Both April 6 and April 7 concerts go on general sale today at 9 am EST.
To buy tickets, go to http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/237571/733217

Oakland, Paramount Theatre, second show on Sunday, March 3, 2013
Both March 2 and 3 concerts go on general sale today at 11 am PST
To buy tickets, go to http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/229485/733217
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
musicmania

Re: SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Post by musicmania »

2 concerts in Ny, brilliant! Was getting tickets miles back trying for 2 tickets til we decided to try for 1 each and then ended up 2 seats apart in Row KK and in the centre. Thanks Jarkko :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, I ALMOST sat near you, musicmania... after 15 tries giving me ONLY row PP, I got KK in the center, seat 403
~
EXCEPT! By the time I 'completed' the process, they couldn't process my request... which means someone else got it :?

So, back to the drawing board and row PP :shock: .

Back, again :? . Row PP over and over and over again.
Looks like I'll be buying from someone in the Sell section here.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh-oh... I ticked off TM [so now we're even, but I may have come out behind :? ].

Kept trying for something better than LL 303... and kept getting the same thing, so I started saving that ticket and trying for better... and then when it ran out, spotted the chance to try for the exact same ticket and got it.

After all that, though, when I went to just BUY the LL, I got a pop-up message on a completely white screen:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /venueartist/237571/733217 on this server.
So, I've been blocked. Wonder for how long.
In any case, I may be committed to buying from the Sell section now... or driving 15 miles into town to do this. Hopefully, they're taking me to be a tout... but one ticket at a time!?! :shock:
~ Oscar Wilde
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Try again Lizzy. Mandy had a weird pop-up too but it worked when she looked again unless of course you searched that many times you are actually banned!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm afraid it's the latter, Gwen. :(
I went completely out and turned off my computer; turned it back on.
Typed in the TM link by hand, and I can't even GET to T.M.

That would be a devoted tout for sure... doing one ticket at a time.
But they kept giving me the identical ticket with each search, so rather than lose it, and everything being timed, I would keep opening a new window and then getting as far as I could with each without actual buying. I only had 3 up, using the 3rd one to try again, as the others were in the process of timing themselves out. Doesn't seem THAT outrageous to me... given T.M.'s OWN outrageousness, especially!

Of course, kicking myself for not nailing that one in your row immediately!
But, who knows, maybe the Fates have something else in mind :? ?
So, now I'm on Hold with T.M. so I can at least ask if someone can reset me... or if I can buy my ticket directly through them. The charts of tickets available via Radio City are NOT encouraging.
~ Oscar Wilde
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

I had the same as you Lizzy - logged out and back in. Got KK.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, God.... how long ago, LTC? You probably got the ticket I had :lol: !

I've done it alll... logged out of here. Logged out of there. Turned my computer OFF, as though I were going to take it to the repair shop! STILL, trying again brings me the same message.

Now, I'm waiting for T.M. to see if they can reset it. But tickets available through them by phone aren't particularly great, either!
~ Oscar Wilde
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

same time as Gwen.
Just had a look on TM - plenty of tickets Centre Stage section still available for the second show.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Now, TT is the best! Cripes... they can't reset it for me. It automatically happens when you've been on the site too long, and each time you try, the system there resets you at 24 hours from that moment to be able to get back on.
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

TT is the closest, though... for the $250 range. Pretty far back for that price. For the 6th, the price break started at PP, but now TT is the closest.
~ Oscar Wilde
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour »

I was wondering what to do on Sunday April 7th in New York (should have been easy to find something)
but now I know - a second L.C. concert - perfect.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

How far back are you willing to sit, James?

I think I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
Maybe something will come up.
She's kept trying and we're already to XX, with UU having preceded it.
I know I don't want on the left and only be able to see the side/back of the women's faces.

Don't know who's doing the close-ups of them for the overheads in the U.S., but the ones in Europe were STUNNING... and the ones I've seen here have been lacklustre. More than once they completely missed where one or the other were dueting with Leonard, and stayed focused on Leonard, or a side view of the woman... when Europe zeroed FULL, CLOSE-UP focus on their faces, so you were able to see the chemistry and dynamic in their eyes and faces between them and Leonard. It adds so much to the song, seeing the tenderness and 'adoration' or poignancy, or whatever the song happens to bring.
So, right now, I'm not feeling like I can rely on the close-ups. Many MANY opportunities were missed for showing the women's faces in the concerts I was to here in 2012. Really blatantly obvious times where they ought to have put the cameras on the women.
~ Oscar Wilde
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Had you any joy since Lizzy? Remember there is a fine chance that some seats held for VIP will be released as standard tickets closer to the concert if they don't sell and considering most people willing to pay that money will have done so for the NY concerts before Christmas.
I didn't notice that about the cameras in Montreal and Toronto but then I seldom take my eyes of the stage. We had tickets at the sides in both cities so it was either we didn't see the ladies or the gentlemen on the right and our first NY tickets are too the side so very happy to be in the centre for the 2nd concert.

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Gwen ~

My joy came from Leonard and what I saw of the women's faces, but I knew that many were missing that INCREDIBLE dynamic! In Detroit, I had friends further back, who I knew were missing it, and that the cameras weren't providing it. I kept checking the monitors to see if they got it 'right' and was amazed at the differences between Europe and the U.S. ones I attended. If it's the same camera person, then I'm at a loss to explain. It appeared, though, that it had to be a different person behind the lens... or someone switching to a different [but not the best] angled camera.

WoW. I'm so happy for you that you're getting so QUITE CLOSE ~ AND CENTER ~ Gwen! Such a difference for you! I'd have been happy for KK, but by the time I got to where I needed to be, Poof Gone! Someone near would have heard, "OH NO!!!"

Yes, you may be right... but when it comes to NY, you know there's money around for music! So, I'll for sure be watching. If worse comes to worse, since I'll be attending any meet-ups, I'll hold out for FACE VALUE for touts JUST BEFORE the concert begins. So, they can get their money back, or lose it all [unless someone else buys it at inflated price]. OR, I'll have a night on the town.
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”