SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
musicmania

Re: SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Post by musicmania »

Glad you are sorted with a ticket Lizzy and that it is close to the centre.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
holydove

Post by holydove »

Yay, Lizzy!! Looking forward to seeing you in NYC - on both nights!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Gwen and Rachel! Yes... at least I'm close to the center, but on the right... and I may be bringing glasses, in case the camera people don't focus on the women's faces at those CRUCIAL times! There's nothing so irresistible as the look of a woman in love and [making even otherwise not so beautiful women VERY beautiful], without fail, when any of the three women duet with Leonard that's exactly how they look at him. And Leonard is looking adoringly at them, too. For me, it drives the meaning of the songs home.

Eh! What's another 9 rows to what I originally could have had, right girls? LOL

The Pre-Sales definitely bring advantages to us!

Thanks, again, Jarkko and Marie! Perhaps, had I waited, a far better seat would have become available online or here... but at least my presence on that night has been secured... and that's worth so much!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Aside from noticing "4"'s idea in the Trade/Sell section and following suit, I still feel that this is important to remember and KEEP in mind [especially after learning my "just couldn't be satisfied with Row DD in Section 2... or even PP in Section 3 or 4" lesson]. Saw it this morning at church [Universalist Unitarian] and was quite inspired by it... didn't even know they were alive, much less performing together, at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... vSr3lCUf2k
~ Oscar Wilde
Hartmut

Re: AW: SECOND NEW YORK & OAKLAND CONCERTS GO ON SALE NOW

Post by Hartmut »

I'm glad you got seats you are at least halfway satisfied with, Lizzy!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

So am I, Hartmut! If I hadn't been so dang greedy, I'd have had even better ones! That's the kicker!!
~ Oscar Wilde
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I'm happy lizzytsh is happy :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you, POZEST 8) :) ~ It was a challenge, but I got there... learned a lesson along the way, too ;-) .
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The first New York concert is sold out. Press release below.
LEONARD COHEN’S “OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR”
AT RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
FOR TWO NIGHTS

APRIL 6TH PERFORMANCE IS SOLD OUT!
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE FOR APRIL 7TH

New York, NY – March 18, 2013 – Tickets for Leonard Cohen’s “Old Ideas World Tour” have been selling at a feverish rate. The first of two concerts at Radio City Music Hall is completely sold out, and tickets for the second night, April 7th, are still available -- but not for long. The second North American leg of the tour kicked off earlier this month, and night after night, Cohen’s stunning three-hour-plus performances have been met with overwhelming praise.

Tickets for the Sunday, April 7th date at Radio City Music Hall can be purchased online at http://www.ticketmaster.com, or charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000.

To close out 2012, Leonard Cohen left New York audiences spellbound with two breathtaking performances at Madison Square Garden and Barclays Center. The New York Times described his concert as “a miraculously hushed ritual…Mr. Cohen places his songs between the earthbound and the sublime, and his performance embodied that contrast.” The Hollywood Reporter observed that “Leonard Cohen proves his agelessness in this gorgeous, marathon-length concert showcasing his brilliant compositions.” The Huffington Post simply reported that “last night, 20,000 of us in the audience sat mesmerized.”
Promoted by AEG Live, the tour celebrates Cohen’s highly acclaimed twelfth studio album, Old Ideas, which debuted at #1 across the globe, and is the highest charting album of his career. The “Old Ideas World Tour” follows Cohen’s triumphant 2008-2010 world tour – his first in 15 years.
Leonard Cohen’s current band features Sharon Robinson and the Webb Sisters (background vocals), Roscoe Beck (musical director & bass), Neil Larsen (keyboards, Hammond B3, accordion), Mitch Watkins (guitar), Javier Mas (bandurria, laud, archilaud, 12-string acoustic guitar), Rafael Gayol (drums, percussion), Alexandru Bublitchi (violin).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
dilgreene

Post by dilgreene »

April 6 Radio City show still has some tickets on Ticketmaster! I just got a single in Orchestra 3, Row KK--they seemed to have a few open in that row. Seats in Section 300, Row MM also came up .

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”