Halifax, Saint John, Moncton/presale reports

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
inesrei

Re: LINKS TO HALIFAX, SAINT JOHN, MONCTON ACTIVE NOW

Post by inesrei »

Thank-you to the organizers of this. Just bought some great lower bowl tickets.
gravytown

Grateful

Post by gravytown »

My wife is a huge fan of Leonard Cohen. She has long been wanting to go to one of his concerts. As an anniversary present, last June I bought two tickets to Mr. Cohen's concert scheduled for December, 2012 at MSG in New York. I bought airline tickets (from Canada) and paid for non-refundable accommodation in midtown manhattan. She was thrilled ! Unfortunately, I took sick and ended up in hospital two weeks before the concert. We ended up missing the show and were unable to recoup our expenses.

Our daughter told us about this forum in early January, and we joined a few weeks ago. What a surprise when we learned that Leonard Cohen was coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia. After spending so much time and effort on our failed trip to New York, here he is coming to our town ! Thanks so much to leonardcohenforum.com. We successfully took advantage of the presale and have great seats for the April 13 concert in Halifax. Really looking forward to it !

David
Ronaldson

Re: Halifax, Saint John, Moncton/presale reports

Post by Ronaldson »

http://www.capacadie.com/arts-et-specta ... -a-moncton

This is a report in the local media (French) about the start of the general sale in Moncton. The most amusing highlight of the report is that the weather was so cold that, apart from a handful of hardy fans, almost nobody lined up early for tickets. (Of course, the presales would also have reduced the demand for tickets in the general sale.)
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

:neutral:
Last edited by Steve Wilcox on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
carolynjane

Post by carolynjane »

Saint John is showing good availability. I checked to see what "best available" would give me, and front row center came up.... If you're thinking of going, Steve, buy now!!
carolynjane

Post by carolynjane »

Moncton is showing limited availability, with second row center coming up as best available.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Last edited by Steve Wilcox on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
carolynjane

Post by carolynjane »

I'm thinking Moncton will be fine, but Saint John has me worried.... I,too,am going to both. Halifax as well!
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Steve Wilcox wrote:Oh I'm going (Saint John & Moncton, tickets during the pre-sales :D ) but I'm wondering if tickets are selling well or not, 19 days out.

I've seen very little advertising and this is not a part of the world where people are used to paying $90-250 for any show, let along in a hockey rink. Even though Leonard has played a lot of shows to between 2000 and 3000 people, usually in lovely grand old theatres, 3000 people in a hockey stadium can look rather empty, especially when spread out.

Leonard played 10 sold-out shows in the 3 Maritime provinces in 2008, all in small theatres ranging from 700 to 1400 seats, about 11,000 seats over 10 shows, with ticket prices ranging from $75-125. That was the deal of a lifetime; saw 3 of those, 2 from the second row.

Sylvie Simmons takes up pages 486-491in the new biography discussing that. We are referred to as "the wilds of Canada" and "you pick up a rock and there's a small town under it". This is our legacy.

I just hope 5000-6000 show up.
i have the impression that the cheaper seats are selling but more expensive seats less well, especially the rip off vip seats which maybe they are now trying to sell for non vip prices- hence the availability of front row seats
i'm on the front row - would be weird if some are empty :?
i'm travelling from england to the st john show but also to stay with close family near woodstock nb . i am told the weather should be nice by then
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
carolynjane

Post by carolynjane »

I think the snow is over for the year, Cohenadmirer, so travelling should be fine. Still cool at night, though, and quite windy.

If you need any information on Saint John, let me know!
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

carolynjane wrote:I think the snow is over for the year, Cohenadmirer, so travelling should be fine. Still cool at night, though, and quite windy.

If you need any information on Saint John, let me know!

Aaw thanks for that . Very kind of you . :D
I'll be going to the concert with someone who knows st john well. I think we are staying in the Hilton by the harbour - is that near the venue ??

David
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
carolynjane

Post by carolynjane »

Very near, David, and connected by enclosed walkways so you're fine even if there's a blizzard!
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”