Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
Daryll99

Re: LINKS TO MIAMI, ATLANTA, LOUISVILLE, WALLINGFORD, HAMILT

Post by Daryll99 »

Thank you Jarkko!!!!...
EcstaticTruth

Post by EcstaticTruth »

jarkko wrote:ATLANTA: When you put the word hymn in at the promo slot, you then click his name instead of clicking a VIP option and it works
Bingo. Thank you! And boy, that was in no way obvious for those not wanting VIP packages. :shock:
holydove

Post by holydove »

Wow, ticketmaster is really obnoxious; first I had to figure out what they wanted the buyer to do (which was look at interactive map & click on desired seats, but I'd never chosen seats in that manner before); then there were so many seats that were VIP, but one doesn't know that until one clicks on them; then I finally found 2, close to front, in center section, that were not VIP, & I chose them, my choice was accepted, & then a minute later I got a message saying that someone else had chosen one of the seats before me, so it was no longer available & I had to start all over again!!

I did finally get 2 nice seats for Wallingford: section 101 (stage left), Row C.

But, IMO, this is a really disgusting way to sell tickets; a race to the finish!! And, if they are going to sell this way, they should let us know in advance, which seats they are holding for VIP, so that we don't have to waste time selecting them if we do not intend to buy VIP seats!

I guess all the ticketmaster presales will be like this?

Anyway, thank you for the presale.

Editing: I take it back, it's not disgusting - I shouldn't have said that - it was just strange to me; & I guess there is always the element of "racing", it's inevitable due to so many people searching at the same time; it was just more obvious with the interactive seating chart. My only real issue is that this manner of choosing did not let us know in advance which seats are VIP, & thus time was wasted choosing seats one wasn't going to buy. It would have helped if the VIP seats were indicated in some way.

In the end, I did get great seats & I want to thank Jarkko & Marie again, & everyone else involved, for all the presales & for all the dedicated work you do. We are so lucky to have you & this great forum.
Last edited by holydove on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenwhite150

Post by greenwhite150 »

Got in for Atlanta. PIT AAA. YES!!

Found out my problem. I disabled Java last night because of the recent security warning. Signed on with another computer with Java, no problems. Not sure how I got front row after such a delay, but ain't complaining!

Jarkko, Marie, thanks again! You guys are THE BEST.
Last edited by greenwhite150 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012: Chicago, Boston x2
2013: Tampa, Atlanta, New York x2
libraryref

Post by libraryref »

Louisville, Row J. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this. And thanks to Leonard for scheduling so many concert dates.

Steve
Fredericton (May 11, 2008); Toronto (June 6, 2008); Louisville (March 30, 2013)
maxfrank2

Post by maxfrank2 »

As always, thank you very much to everybody involved, especially Jarkko and Marie.
2008: Paris Olympia|| 2009: New York Beacon|New York RCMH|Detroit|Atlanta|Nashville|| 2012: Detroit|| 2013: Atlanta
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

I had some trouble with Miami. It wouldn't let me in after selecting VIP Diamond--kept suggesting 'try best available'. After several tries I selected best available. It came up with front row center. No VIP package charge. Just the ticket charge. Is this possible? I am fine with it, but I thought all front rows were required to purchase the VIP. I keep going back and looking at my receipt to make sure I did get 2 tickets--which it confirms. Hmmmmm
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
jessiferrr

Post by jessiferrr »

got my tickets in miami! section 215, they were soooo expensive on the lower levels!

i haven't been to the knight center, does anybody know if all the seats are good?
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

And, as always, Thank you so much Jarkko, Marie and everyone else who make this work so well--crossing time zones and answering countless questions over and over. You are all truly amazing!
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Hydrogal wrote:I had some trouble with Miami. It wouldn't let me in after selecting VIP Diamond--kept suggesting 'try best available'. After several tries I selected best available. It came up with front row center. No VIP package charge. Just the ticket charge. Is this possible? I am fine with it, but I thought all front rows were required to purchase the VIP. I keep going back and looking at my receipt to make sure I did get 2 tickets--which it confirms. Hmmmmm
I can't recall a sale where VIP came up as a "best available." I think you always have to select VIP as a separate function. We weren't certain exactly what our ticket allocation would be. In the past, people have been able to purchase first row without VIP seats at times. However, it varies between venues. So, it is very possible you got first row without purchasing a VIP package. And it is very nice to hear that this happened. I'm not sure I would count on it happening again however.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
greenwhite150

Post by greenwhite150 »

MarieM wrote:
Hydrogal wrote:I had some trouble with Miami. It wouldn't let me in after selecting VIP Diamond--kept suggesting 'try best available'. After several tries I selected best available. It came up with front row center. No VIP package charge. Just the ticket charge. Is this possible? I am fine with it, but I thought all front rows were required to purchase the VIP. I keep going back and looking at my receipt to make sure I did get 2 tickets--which it confirms. Hmmmmm
I can't recall a sale where VIP came up as a "best available." I think you always have to select VIP as a separate function. We weren't certain exactly what our ticket allocation would be. In the past, people have been able to purchase first row without VIP seats at times. However, it varies between venues. So, it is very possible you got first row without purchasing a VIP package. And it is very nice to hear that this happened. I'm not sure I would count on it happening again however.
Marie,

Same here, but in Atlanta. Front row, regular price. Weird, because of computer problems, I didn't even get into the ticketing system until about 10:15.
2012: Chicago, Boston x2
2013: Tampa, Atlanta, New York x2
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

For Louisville, I was initially offered 2nd row close to center. After three attempts to purchase and being told something was wrong with my credit card, I tried for seats again, got offered 1st row near center (without VIP package in both instances) to again be told error with my credit card. Called my credit card company, while time is ticking. I had put in the wrong expiration date, corrected it and with less than a minute left, got the first row seats! The gentleman asked me what concert it was, I said Leonard Cohen and expected a who? But no, he knew who it was and was so excited with me.

Jarkko and Marie,

The miracles you have wrought to get us this opportunity for these phenomenal seats, without the VIP packages, is beyond fantastic and is so greatly appreciated. Thank you from the deepest part of my heart for all the time and hard work you have put into these presales!!!!!!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Marie ~

I think Barbara [Hydrogal's] situation is that at first she tried for VIP, but then gave up and just went for Best Available... and then ended up with GREAT seats at a much lesser price, i.e. the $250 ones, but first row!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
dari

Post by dari »

Thank you to all for making this possible.

I had no trouble with Wallingford, CT and was ecstatic that I had a choice of so many great seats at 10:00 AM and ended up with front row seats in section 102 which is the center section.
The last time for MSG, there was no option to chose your seats. It was just best available in a price range at the time. This was through Live Nation and it actually allowed you to chose a specific seat.

Kind Regards,
Dari
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Criminy!

No idea what to make of this!!

I got my two tickets ~ first row... [not center like Barbara ;-) ]... but at the bottom when they appeared that time of selected that price range and getting section 101, as well as other times doing the exact same thing, it had the word "Full" at the bottom of the description of the section.

I ignored that, and went through the buying process. I got a Confirmation # for my purchase and the money is sitting in my pending charges with my bank and my balance reflects what's left if those amounts [including the insurances] were deducted.

But, when I returned and clicked on the Link here, I got this message near the top of the page, which says:

READ ME!

If you're seeing this, we're sorry.
For some reason we couldn't complete your request.
Please look for new tickets below now!
But, I've gotten no email notification of that and my email has my confirmation and my receipt and my bank reflects the money to be 'gone' out of my account.

Anyone have ANY idea what this could mean??
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”