Old Ideas Tour Australia?

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
sal.49

Old Ideas Tour Australia?

Post by sal.49 »

hi!
I'm new to writing on this forum, but i signed up especially to talk about Leonard coming to Australia this year.
I,[ and i am sure many others], was devastated when the locations were released and Aus wasn't on the list!
Leonard has so many fans here, and he'd sell out a show in no time. i'm wondering if there is anyone who knows how go about begging for him to come here. i have sent an email to this address - ja@nebula.fi - which is apparently his manager? so maybe if other people sent more emails, Leonard and friends may notice. i'm wondering if there is anyone who has had experience with this?
sincerely, Sal.
[a desperate Leonard Cohen fan]
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Old Ideas Tour Australia?

Post by jarkko »

Hello Sal
and welcome to the Forum!
Leonard knows very well how popular he is in Australia and New Zealand.
Let's hope the Tour will continue someday after the European Summer tour,
and perhaps AU/NZ would be included then.
Right now it is too early to say anything about so distant future.

The email address you mentioned is my own, and I am not Leonard's manager.
I am hosting www.leonardcohenfiles.com and also this Forum with a number of co-hosts.
Both these sites are parts of the fan community.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
sal.49

Post by sal.49 »

oh, thank you for your response!
hopefully it will!
bob64

Post by bob64 »

I totally agree, but as I am a New Zealander, New Zealand would be my destination of choice. His previous concerts here have been astonishing events and his following here verges on obsessional in some cases. It wouldn't matter where in New Zealand as true disciples would go wherever they had to. He would be so welcome here and the New Zealand Psyche is such that his privacy would be respected should he choose to stay for a time and enjoy some of the best food and scenery in the world. I only wish that I could afford to go to Europe or America to see him.
Rstankevicius

Post by Rstankevicius »

So sad for you. :( . Still miss the land down under, where I first really became a Leonard fan. Cremona and Mossman Bay, Sydney (1978!)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

To the Oz and NZ posters on this Forum and to everybody down there who have emailed me about the tour:
If Leonard continues to tour, the next likely region is Australia/NZ.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thank you Jarkko,
Let's hope that does eventually happen :D Yesterday I said as a guess in the Adelaide event thread maybe Nov/early Dec.
..... Of course, I really don't mind at all if it's much sooner :razz:

EDIT: Oh no, I've just noticed that you have underlined "If"..... arrrrgh!

***I underlined the word "if" to show that we always have to keep some reservartions for things that are supposed to happen quite far away in the future. Legs # 1 and # 2, over 50 concerts, have to be completed first! / Jarkko***

EDIT AGAIN: Thanks for that clarification Jarkko; and I do understand your position. I think I just got a bit over excited and started to take it for granted and then when I saw that underlined "if" I wasn't so sure.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
The Crow

Is Australia of the world?

Post by The Crow »

Has anyone heard whether or not Australia & New Zealand will be included in 'The World Tour 2013/2014?
zeehaen

Re: Is Australia of the world?

Post by zeehaen »

The Crow wrote:Has anyone heard whether or not Australia & New Zealand will be included in 'The World Tour 2013/2014?
We can only hope!

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”