Our presales to all concerts (except New York)

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
mirka

Re: PRESALE TO ALL CONCERTS (Except NY) ON TUESDAY (Jan 15)

Post by mirka »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
mirka wrote: Why my posting asking what prevents AEG from using BrownPaperTickets has been removed ??
maybe they are too small to handle huge venues but -- smaller Atlantic Canada theaters are handling their own sales, why a little larger American venues cannot do the same (like Paramount Theater in Oakland for example) ?
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/[/color]
But you are addressing your comment to the wrong people. Each venue selects its own ticket seller so you need to lobby all the individual venues to try and persuade them to switch to brownpapertickets.com Good luck with this. I hope you are successful.
Wendy
I agree with your comments, Wendy.
I think I was responding to John Etherrington's comment re 'Leonard Cohen, darling of the idle rich' which evolved into Ticketmaster critique, I have a vague feeling they all were posted in this thread and moved somewhere else overnight (?).
But I might be wrong, it's just too much going on, too little time.... sorry for off- topic anyway :D

Never ending Thank you to Jarkko, Marie and all the people behind this website :) I'm forever grateful.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
rkmannis

Post by rkmannis »

First of all, thank you to Jarkko and his bride for all of the work you put in to keep this excellent web site running so smoothly. Excellent!
I have just discovered it and have some basic logistic questions about tickets to the Tampa Concert in March. I log in here on Thesday morning, get the password, and then call the ticket office in Tampa @ noon on Tuesday? (They are not on Ticketmaster, thank God!) I have never done anything like this before, so pardon my ignorance. The ticket office in Tampa will be expecting Leonard Cohen Fan Club calls for tickets @ noon on Tuesday then? Should I open a credit card account with the box office there before they go on sale? Will that make it easier for them/me? My wife Carol and I are of Leonard's generation, and I remember buying "Songs of Love and Hate" (and getting totally blown away!) when it first came out back in the dark ages!
Thank you again.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

rkmannis wrote:First of all, thank you to Jarkko and his bride for all of the work you put in to keep this excellent web site running so smoothly. Excellent!
I have just discovered it and have some basic logistic questions about tickets to the Tampa Concert in March. I log in here on Thesday morning, get the password, and then call the ticket office in Tampa @ noon on Tuesday? (They are not on Ticketmaster, thank God!) I have never done anything like this before, so pardon my ignorance. The ticket office in Tampa will be expecting Leonard Cohen Fan Club calls for tickets @ noon on Tuesday then? Should I open a credit card account with the box office there before they go on sale? Will that make it easier for them/me?
No, you log into this site before the presale opens. Go to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33376
where you will find the password and a link posted at noon EST. Use the link to go to the Tampa sales site and buy your tickets on-line.

We don't have the exact links yet to any of the ticket sellers on Tuesday. But the seller for Tampa is the venue. You can view the seating chart here: https://shop.strazcenter.org/SYOS/Selec ... e=ViewOnly
Not all ticket sellers allow you to create an account beforehand.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
cocoabeach23

Post by cocoabeach23 »

SO EXCITED FOR THE FLORIDA SHOWS!! flew all the way to CA to see him in 2010!
neareast

Post by neareast »

Hi -- new to the site. Thx for all the great info. Took a look at Ticket Master upcoming concerts and didn't see Tampa listed. Any idea if someone other than TM will be handling the presale/sale and if there will be any difference to the process? Cheers.

***12 concerts will be sold by Ticketmaster, six by local sellers. They all have different online shops. / Jarkko***

thank you -- so hopefully the password will work with Straz local seller; will be perfect excuse for a trip south. Does anyone have historical experience with this particular venue -- and whether or not presale code will be available by other providers: AMEX, Chase etc. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by neareast on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldIdeasAreTheBest

Post by OldIdeasAreTheBest »

Just to be clear, it looks like there is no need to use the password for the VIP package presale in Oakland-- am I correct in that regard? (I am hoping that there is such a need , in order to narrow the field of ticketbuyers...)

Thanks to anyone for guidance.

Jason
San Diego, Coachella, San Jose 2009
Oakland 12/6/2010, Las Vegas 12/11/2010
Madrid and Los Angeles 2012
Oakland 2013
Brysburg

Post by Brysburg »

Regarding the Tampa concert at the Straz Center:

I spoke to the Straz Center ticket office last week and today:
* Straz Center is the only ticket vendor; Ticketmaster etc. is not selling tickets for the Tampa concert.
* Straz Center is not aware of the pre-sale at this time.
* Leonard's concert is not yet listed on the Straz Center website listing of events for on-line ticket purchases.
* Straz Center will put tickets on sale to donors on Thursday 1/17, and to the public on Friday 1/18.
* I was told to call back tomorrow when the ticket office opens (12 noon) to see if there is any new information about the pre-sale...
So, I guess I'm waiting for the miracle to come... :?:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Jason ~

So far, that seems to be the case for the VIP packages, so my guess is it'll be that for Oakland, as well. It does make it tougher, that's true. I got my once-in-a-lifetime VIP package taken care of with the New York Radio City concert ;-) ... and I was likely competing against more than I'd expected for that level, as well.

Regarding Tampa ~ The response you got, Brysburg, may be due to the fact of your talking to a CALL CENTER agent, and I've found a fair degree of lack of knowledge in those calls. They may be more familiar with the "Donors" designation than the idea of a Fan Pre-sale. Hopefully, that's the case, and WE are the "donors" :) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
linclink

Post by linclink »

Does anyone know how/where to find the password for the AEG pre-sale this Thursday for the Radio City Music Hall show? Thanks...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

linclink wrote:Does anyone know how/where to find the password for the AEG pre-sale this Thursday for the Radio City Music Hall show? Thanks...
In a word, no. I can only suggest you Google it and see what you can find. Or you could always try our presale or the Amex presale which opened today.

Wendy
linclink

Post by linclink »

Does anyone know how/where to get the AEG presale code for the presale happening this Thursday for the Radio City Music Hall show? Thanks...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

linclink wrote:Does anyone know how/where to get the AEG presale code for the presale happening this Thursday for the Radio City Music Hall show? Thanks...
I feel as if I am living in some sort of parallel universe .........

Please my answer above when you last asked this question.

W
4ceebee

Post by 4ceebee »

Does anyone know what the ticket price range will be for the concert in Hamilton, ON? Thanks!

Hamilton:
CA $50.25 (CA $37.50 Ticket + CA $12.75 Fees)
CA $269.75 (CA $250.00 Ticket + CA $19.75 Fees)
Hamilton is a Ticketmaster sale. More info here:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/10004 ... norcatid=1 -- Marie
Ddensow

Post by Ddensow »

Hi Is this central time 10:00?

Don't know if this will help you: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Chicago is in the Central Time Zone. -- Marie
Alarris

Post by Alarris »

Silly question.. Where can I find the "Password & Presales" section?

Here: viewforum.php?f=76-- Marie

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”