Our presales to all concerts (except New York)

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
Rod T

Re: PRESALE TO ALL CONCERTS (Except NY) ON TUESDAY (Jan 15)

Post by Rod T »

I live in Greensboro, NC and am new to this forum and to ordering pre-sale tickets. (And I am so dedicated to LC, along with my wife, that I was planning to drive to Atlanta next Thursday just so I could among the first in line at the Fox Theater box office when the tickets go on sale next Friday morning at ten.

However, I have found and joined this forum.

Will there be an e-mail sent to forum members about the pre-sale next Tuesday or will I need to find the place or site to pre-order tickets.

And yes, I'm not just a LC nut, I'm a nut about being at the box office to be sure to get tickets. We go to the DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center) frequently and phoning them at ten on the opening day for Paul Simon and Robin Williams only got us last row seats (two together) when I finally got a human bean on the phone. So, in the future it's a relatively short road trip to Durham for important tickets. And yes, I'm also a nut who doesn't trust on-line credit card sales (having had my identity stolen once before with charges totaling over twenty thousand in Cairo and LA before the CC Company called and asked me to verify the unusual sales- with attendant trouble getting the charges taken off and switching to a new card.

However, for Leonard (anything for Leonard), and for early sales and no early road trip to Atlanta and back next week to buy the tickets, I will risk on-line ordering even though I'll probably mess the order up (being a first timer and relatively old and computer unsophisticated and, with my luck, get my identity or card number stolen again).
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No emails sent. Just click on the link we will show at viewforum.php?f=76 when the presale opens.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Robin Orfe

Post by Robin Orfe »

I hope nobody gets upset with me, because this is just a "test" post. I thought I was posting something earlier, but it never showed up. Don't know why that happened so I'm doing a test this time.

-Robin-
Robin Orfe

Post by Robin Orfe »

Okay, I did my test post and it showed up. Now I can do a regular post.

Is anyone concerned about the site "crashing" on January 15th for the pre-sale?

Every date except New York will be available here for the pre-sale at the same time. How crazy could THAT get? (That's just me worrying ahead of time.)

I'm so excited about this tour. I saw Leonard for the VERY first time on December 15th at the Wang Theatre in Boston. I've been a fan for nearly 42 years now, and I can't believe I'll get to see him again in April. What luck!!! (Or better still, Thank you Leonard for touring again.)

My husband will be coming with me this time, and THAT makes it even MORE exciting. He IS a fan, but doesn't like crowds, so he didn't go with me last month. This time he OFFERED to come with me. I didn't even have to ask him!!! Could have knocked me over with a feather!!!

Having seen him once, I now know for SURE that my husband is in for a fabulous treat. He will be blown away by the entire experience, and I'm so happy for him. And happy for myself too. Even though he doesn't like crowds, I'm convinced that once we get there and Leonard takes the stage, he will be so happy he DID come with me.

It's funny that I can barely remember my concert experience last month, and I've finally figured out why. I think I was in complete shock the entire time. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Have a wonderful week-end everybody, and let's all hope for GREAT seats!!!

Your Cohen friend,
Robin
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Robin Orfe wrote:Is anyone concerned about the site "crashing" on January 15th for the pre-sale?
We've been through multiple presales at the same time before and the site's capacity was expanded to accommodate all the members. I don't think there is too much to worry about.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
mirka

Post by mirka »

jarkko wrote:Ticketmaster will be used for most venues, with the following exceptions: Victoria, Tampa, Atlanta, Halifax, Saint John, Moncton, St Johns. Each of those has a different seller.

Why my posting asking what prevents AEG from using BrownPaperTickets has been removed ??
maybe they are too small to handle huge venues but -- smaller Atlantic Canada theaters are handling their own sales, why a little larger American venues cannot do the same (like Paramount Theater in Oakland for example) ?
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

OH! Do you know who's doing Tampa's? Do we have to be pre-registered with it, like we were with TM?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Every date except New York will be available here for the pre-sale at the same time. How crazy could THAT get?
It's not so risky after all (although very laborious for Marie & me). All the presales open indeed at 10 am (except Tampa at noon), but we have venues in five time zones. So this means - counting also Tampa - that we will have SIX presale starts with an interval of one hour (except St Johns 30 minutes before the next one).

There are concerts in DST, AST, EST, CST and PST time zones, the first one is UTC/GMT - 3:30 h and the last one GMT/UTC-8 h
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ilion

Post by ilion »

We won't know the price for the VIP packages until they are on sale, will we? Do the VIP package prices change depending on the venue?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:
Every date except New York will be available here for the pre-sale at the same time. How crazy could THAT get?
It's not so risky after all (although very laborious for Marie & me).
Dear Jarkko and Marie

Believe me, we understand and really appreciate all the work you both do for us to deliver the presales, wherever they are in the world. Not only do they require one or both of you to be on line to give us the presale links at EXACTLY the right time (otherwise someone will complain - even though no one can access the tickets if the links aren't available!) but you also have to do lots of work in advance to set up the forum sections ready for the links, liaise with the promoters to get the information and resolve any queries, deal with all the questions which come in before the sale (how do I get presale tickets? where do I find tickets? how much are the tickets? and so on, and so on), cope with the fallout when the links don't work (nothing to do with either of you or the forum but usually down to a breakdown of communication between ticket sellers or venue, local promoters and AEG) AND listen to all the complaints when people don't get the tickets they were hoping for.

All this on a voluntary basis. Out of friendship and a longstanding love of Leonard Cohen's work. I honestly don't know how you cope with it all. My patience and goodwill would probably have run out long ago!

Now is as good a time to say it as any. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to both of you for all you do for us.

Thank you.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

mirka wrote:
jarkko wrote:Ticketmaster will be used for most venues, with the following exceptions: Victoria, Tampa, Atlanta, Halifax, Saint John, Moncton, St Johns. Each of those has a different seller.

Why my posting asking what prevents AEG from using BrownPaperTickets has been removed ??
maybe they are too small to handle huge venues but -- smaller Atlantic Canada theaters are handling their own sales, why a little larger American venues cannot do the same (like Paramount Theater in Oakland for example) ?
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/
I am a big fan of brownpapertickets.com mirka. I bought a ticket for the Boston Tea Party Enactment from them last December and my ticket was mailed the very next day from a UK address. I wish I could get the same sort of service from other UK ticket sellers, let alone US ones. And they are "ethical" too.

But you are addressing your comment to the wrong people. Each venue selects its own ticket seller so you need to lobby all the individual venues to try and persuade them to switch to brownpapertickets.com Good luck with this. I hope you are successful.

Wendy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Despite my frustration with the apparent rows/seats allotted by TM for the pre-sale for New York, none of that reflects on all the involvement and work that Jarkko and Marie do to make this happen... and I know that no one is more disappointed than they are if/when TM doesn't measure up to expectation. With this posting of Wendy's and her longer posting about what it takes to coordinate a Leonard Cohen Event, it's very evident that she has a clear understanding and appreciation of process, and the ability to articulate it well.

So, thank you, Wendy, for this one... and I give my heartfelt second to everything you've said in thanking Jarkko and Marie for all they do for us... ongoing!

~ Lizzy

OMG... and I just now read Jarkko's post about all the time zones involved on Tuesday's pre-sales!!!

[Edited to correct a glaring error on a name... was rushing to get out of here, but comment before I went.]
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

So very well said Wendy! My deepest thanks Jarkko and Marie.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Robin Orfe

Post by Robin Orfe »

Well said indeed Wendy. I could NOT have said it better myself.

To Jarkko and Marie, I know I can speak for ALL of us for the work you do here. Silly me didn't even take into account the fact that you are dealing with so many different time zones. You both deserve a gold medal. I can only imagine the time you put into getting us all the information we need, the link, etc.

So thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts for continually giving us the greatest chance, and advantage to be able to see our man Leonard.

-Robin-
RedRoses

Post by RedRoses »

I am so thankful that I found this forum and for all the work and love that is put into it.
With much gratitude,

Rose

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”