Our presales to all concerts (except New York)

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Our presales to all concerts (except New York)

Post by jarkko »

Our presales have closed on Thusrday, January 17.
General sale links here: viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33337
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
POZEST

Re: PRESALE ON TUESDAY (Jan 15) TO ALL CONCERTS (Except NY)

Post by POZEST »

While I am very grateful a tour is taking place, I am surprised to not see more shows at major metropolitan markets such as Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco and so forth in the west coast. I foresee a final Fall tour ;)

Either way, I am still going to a show fir the Spring tour which leads me to:

Decisions, Decisions. :)
Last edited by POZEST on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCohen11511

Post by MCohen11511 »

Jarkko,
I just emailed you regarding this before I found this post. Please disregard that and thanks for posting this information.

Marina Cohen
joanofarkansas

Post by joanofarkansas »

I just never dreamed in a million years he would come this close to Arkansas! Memphis, here I come!
lennycohenfan

Re: PRESALE TO ALL CONCERTS (Except NY) ON TUESDAY (Jan 15)

Post by lennycohenfan »

Joan - LC at the Orpheum Theater is going to be incredible. I saw him at the Fox in St Louis in 2009 which is a very comparable venue. In the coming days I will start a thread regarding a Memphis meet up prior to the show. I need to give it some thought though because there are so many places in and around the Orpheum that could accommodate a group of rabid LC fans for a quick meal, a few drinks and wonderful conversation of the Man. I live in mid-town Memphis so planning will not be a problem. It will be nice to get to know some other somewhat local LC fans as well. I met quite a few during the unofficial LC event on Hydra in June of 2011. Anyway, I will stop this blabbering for now (just so excited to have LC live in Memphis)!
St Louis 2009, Hydra Meet Up 2011, Memphis 2013
BHuddle

Post by BHuddle »

Wow! First show in New Orleans, my home town - flew to Colorado in November for the show last year and drove to Austin in 2009. Can't wait to see him here! The Mahalia Jackson theater is a great venue - just across from the French Quarter, walking distance or a quick cab ride from all the major hotels - if anyone is debating whether to travel to a show and is considering New Orleans, go for it! Where else would you want to travel in the Southeast? Tampa? Atlanta? Please.... :) (Memphis is a good city for shows, though; but really - Atlanta?)

- Brian
joanofarkansas

Post by joanofarkansas »

lennycohenfan wrote:Joan - LC at the Orpheum Theater is going to be incredible. I saw him at the Fox in St Louis in 2009 which is a very comparable venue. In the coming days I will start a thread regarding a Memphis meet up prior to the show. I need to give it some thought though because there are so many places in and around the Orpheum that could accommodate a group of rabid LC fans for a quick meal, a few drinks and wonderful conversation of the Man. I live in mid-town Memphis so planning will not be a problem. It will be nice to get to know some other somewhat local LC fans as well. I met quite a few during the unofficial LC event on Hydra in June of 2011. Anyway, I will stop this blabbering for now (just so excited to have LC live in Memphis)!
I love the Orpheum. Saw Tom Waits there a few years ago. I've had to travel so far to see Leonard in the past - Toronto and Montreal. (Both amazing shows) Memphis will be amazing as well - there's the whole Jeff Buckley connection for one thing. I think about him every time I cross the river bridge and go over Mud Island.

I think the Rendezvous is closed on Sundays but I know there are other great places to eat. Can't wait to meet other fans!
libraryref

Post by libraryref »

BHuddle wrote:Wow! First show in New Orleans, my home town - flew to Colorado in November for the show last year and drove to Austin in 2009. Can't wait to see him here! The Mahalia Jackson theater is a great venue - just across from the French Quarter, walking distance or a quick cab ride from all the major hotels - if anyone is debating whether to travel to a show and is considering New Orleans, go for it! Where else would you want to travel in the Southeast? Tampa? Atlanta? Please.... :) (Memphis is a good city for shows, though; but really - Atlanta?)

- Brian
I was at the first show in Fredericton (where I live) and saw Leonard again the next month in Toronto. But I haven't seen him since. My wife and I will be driving from Fredericton to Florida for the month of April and I'm going to try and convince her it would be a grand idea to visit New Orleans and see the show. It's a long way out of the way, but the city and the concert would be worth the trip. I guess it will depend on if I can get tickets.
Fredericton (May 11, 2008); Toronto (June 6, 2008); Louisville (March 30, 2013)
SeldomSeen

Post by SeldomSeen »

lennycohenfan wrote:Joan - LC at the Orpheum Theater is going to be incredible. I saw him at the Fox in St Louis in 2009 which is a very comparable venue. In the coming days I will start a thread regarding a Memphis meet up prior to the show. I need to give it some thought though because there are so many places in and around the Orpheum that could accommodate a group of rabid LC fans for a quick meal, a few drinks and wonderful conversation of the Man. I live in mid-town Memphis so planning will not be a problem. It will be nice to get to know some other somewhat local LC fans as well. I met quite a few during the unofficial LC event on Hydra in June of 2011. Anyway, I will stop this blabbering for now (just so excited to have LC live in Memphis)!
When I saw this morning that Leonard Cohen was playing the Orpheum in Memphis, I was floored. Never in a million years did I think he would come to my hometown (I figured Nashville would be the closest, but I was prepared to travel even farther), so needless to say I'm ecstatic about the show and about this presale. I told my wife I'm going to fork over some serious dough for good seats. As for a pre-show meet-up, South of Beale and Majestic -- both on Main Street near the Orpheum -- would be two good suggestions for meals/drinks.
March 24, 2013: Memphis
March 30, 2013: Louisville
Roswitha

Post by Roswitha »

I am soooo happy that he is coming to Winnipeg.. I had to fly to Saskatoon in November to see him and it was absolutely awesome. I had front row tickets and the concert was worth every penny... :D I hope that I will get great tickets again.... As old as he is, Leonard is still a "ladies - man" who knows how to bring the audience up from their chairs onto their feet... For the ones who don't know he is a famous painter as well... :!:
I am really looking forward to March...
MCohen11511

Post by MCohen11511 »

BHuddle wrote:Wow! First show in New Orleans, my home town - flew to Colorado in November for the show last year and drove to Austin in 2009. Can't wait to see him here! The Mahalia Jackson theater is a great venue - just across from the French Quarter, walking distance or a quick cab ride from all the major hotels - if anyone is debating whether to travel to a show and is considering New Orleans, go for it! Where else would you want to travel in the Southeast? Tampa? Atlanta? Please.... :) (Memphis is a good city for shows, though; but really - Atlanta?)

- Brian

Atlanta is a great city for shows! There are some wonderful venues there! I am a Florida native and my husband is a Louisiana native. We're bummed we can't make it to NOLA but we flew to Austin on Halloween 2012 for the first round of Old Ideas tours and it was amazing and I saw him in Nashville in 2009. So now, we are going again to see him in Tampa. I don't care what city, he will be amazing regardless!
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Is this tour complete or will there be more in the fall? Pre-sales are so close
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Jarkko,

Does this mean that the best seats in the presales will be VIP packages?

Patient regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Very good question.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We've been told that the system will be the same they used last fall. Anyway, I have emailed AEG to get more details before the first = Saturday presale.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”