Presale to New York

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
lizzytysh

Re: PRESALE TO NEW YORK NOW!

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:08 am

I'm a Pisces, Ha. Haha ;-) .

More than that I like to be able to have a full-body view, I don't NEED to see the top of his hat, either, but want to. Also, I can't see him skip, or see him dance, or Roscoe dance. Or the women dance. I like to see the full view... period :)

On the Pit, they numbered those AAA, BBB, CCC, and DDD. So, hopefully, the view is complete. But the "pit" typically holds the musicians for other shows, and I don't know that they have a good view of the stage. Especially, at almost $600 [merchandise or not].
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
holydove

Re: AW: PRESALE TO NEW YORK NOW!

Post by holydove » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:37 am

Hartmut wrote:Why this obsession with Leonard's feet?
Funny you should ask this question, Hartmut; you should talk to Bob. After one of the recent concerts, where we had seats very close to the stage, I mentioned to him that it was so wonderful being so close, but I couldn't see Leonard's feet; & he said, " His feet??!! It never crossed my mind that that would be an issue".

Lizzy, it depends how high the stage is; at venues where the stage is not so high, I have been that close & could still see his feet. I don't remember how high the stage is at Radio City, but I think it's lower than the stage at MSG & Quebec, so there is hope that you will have a delightful view of Leonard's feet. But even if you have to sacrifice the view of Leonard's lovely feet, being that close is a really awesome experience, & I think you will have no regrets at all!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:46 am

I'm so glad you understand! I've experienced it before... and I seriously hope you're right on the height of the stage. You might not think it would be an issue, but it actually can be. Yes... close is good, no matter what, regardless [but still hoping for those feet ;-) ].
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 am

I never saw that, Kaimik! So glad you posted it! As I wrote there, "OMG ~ This is GREAT, Allan! I saw Etta James at the New Orleans Jazz Festival, so can appreciate it even more. Great coordinating of photos with lyrics!" TERRIFIC!

I've just been looking for photos of the theatre inside, and it seems the stage is rather high. We'll see, though.
~ Oscar Wilde
gui

Post by gui » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:05 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:
The tab for International Customers has disappeared!! It was definitely there earlier and both musicmania and I bought tickets earlier from Ireland and the UK respectively. I'm sure there would have been other international buyers too! I can only assume it's a temporary gremlin in the Ticketmaster system. The best thing is probably to keep on trying - or you can buy my spare ticket if you want to?! :lol: :lol:

Wendy
i'm still trying but no third tab. thanks for the offer on the spare ticket :) but i need to buy two tickets.

gui
dilgreene

Post by dilgreene » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm

You can buy my ticket too! It's in the same Row and Section as Wendy's so they shouldn''t be far apart! :) :)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 am

gui wrote:i'm still trying but no third tab.

gui
Hi gui

The third ("Other Country") tab has now been restored, as of 22:50 GMT. Hope that helps and you get your tickets. Or, of course, you could just buy the two row DD tickets from dilgreene and I! :lol:

Wendy
linclink

Post by linclink » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 am

I am totally heartbroken. I missed the NYC pre-sale!!!!!
What is going on on this website?!?!? On this official site? When you go to pre-sales, it STILL says that there are no pre-sales scheduled!!!!!! I came here at the end of last week & found dates, but no link to tickets & found it saying that there were no pre-sales scheduled.
This really sucks. If someone is volunteering to run this website it's one thing, but geez if someone is getting paid to do this... Wilco always sends out emails to their folks about pre-sales. Not only did I not get an email, but like I said, it STILL says nothing about anything pre-sales being scheduled on this website as I type. Ridiculous!!!
I'll have to hope for something involving the pre-sale on Thursday I guess...
Also does anyone have any info on how to go about finding the pre-sale code for Hamilton Ontario show? Thanks in advance, and here's to hoping that things get run a little better around here!
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 am

woe woe there buddy ... this site is opperated by a fellow fan who VOLUNTEERS his time and the this space. He is, and we are, helped out by other fellow fan volunteers.

the New York pre-sale is still going on - try logging on and going to the pre-sale section (at the very top) where you will find it cleverally hidden under 'new york'. I was on there earlier today and just tried it out again to make sure.

Good luck with your tickets and if you do get some perhaps take a moment to thank our kind host.

ohhh I forgot ... Hamilton, also under the presale area. if you really can't find you could also use the 'search' function - top right hand corner just type in what you are looking for in the box.
Last edited by Cate on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarieM

Post by MarieM » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 am

linclink wrote:I am totally heartbroken. I missed the NYC pre-sale!!!!!
What is going on on this website?!?!? On this official site? When you go to pre-sales, it STILL says that there are no pre-sales scheduled!!!!!! I came here at the end of last week & found dates, but no link to tickets & found it saying that there were no pre-sales scheduled.
This really sucks. If someone is volunteering to run this website it's one thing, but geez if someone is getting paid to do this... Wilco always sends out emails to their folks about pre-sales. Not only did I not get an email, but like I said, it STILL says nothing about anything pre-sales being scheduled on this website as I type. Ridiculous!!!
Also does anyone have any info on how to go about finding the pre-sale code for Hamilton Ontario show? Thanks in advance, and here's to hoping that things get run a little better around here!
Frankly, we aren't Wilco. We are NOT the free source of Leonard Cohen passwords. This site has been here for over ten years, long before Leonard undertook his current tour. We are dedicated to the discussion and appreciation of Leonard's work. We have passwords to the very first presales solely because Leonard has appreciated our interest in his work. While we try to be democratic and make no demands that people stay to discuss Leonard or their concert experience, we do expect that you stay around long enough to figure out how our password system works.

There is a whole section dedicated to passwords here:
viewforum.php?f=76
Here is information on Will Call:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33348
Here is information on VIP packages:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33390
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33369
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33347
Here is information on selling your unwanted tickets:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33366
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 am

Quite honestly Cate and Marie, I think you have both been far too helpful to linclink given his/her rudeness.

Wendy
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:54 am

Wow Marie - I can't beliveve how rude and demanding a few of the 'I want tickets' people have been.

Thank you so much for all you do - you, Jarkko and the moderators truly make this a wonderful place.

~~
I don't know Wendy ... it's pretty strange behaviour but you never know what's happened. I did think it was pretty rude though.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 am

Wow! This seems like an opportune time to once again thank our gracious and patient hosts here for their devoted, and as it was pointed out earlier, unpaid, service to this Leonard Cohen community. Jarkko, Marie and the host of others who make this all possible should receive nothing but our thanks.

And to any who've recently discovered this wonderful resource - All the information you ever need is here and it is your responsibility to put forth a little effort to figure it all out, just like everyone before you has done. This is a giving community who is more than willing to help where help is genuinely needed. But, for those exhibiting snarkiness and a "gimme" attitude, it certainly does lessen the appeal of helping. Or maybe that's just me and I'm grouchy because my feet are cold.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 am

Well, *I* would like to point out to this person of 4 postings that this website on Leonard Cohen is the quintessential one on the Internet, and is very professionally handled by three people, Jarkko, Rauli, and Marie... with the moderators backing them up in various ways.

They work voluntarily; however, if they were paid, they would be extremely well paid, commensurate with the high quality of their work. Of course, one would need to be here more than you've apparently visited to realize that. To launch into vitriolic, personal attacks because you didn't get your way without a wrinkle is wholly inappropriate.

My guess on the AEG pre-sale would relate to AEG, so you may want to find their website and see if they have a password. Meanwhile, Cate and Marie have been exceedingly kind in providing you the information you need for here.
~ Oscar Wilde
sue7

Post by sue7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 am

linclink wrote:I am totally heartbroken. I missed the NYC pre-sale!!!!!
You must be having us on, linclink!!
Aside from your pretty insufferable rudeness to the people who spend long, unpaid hours on this work: the NY presale is alive and well. I just checked and tickets are available, and all of the presale and password information to Hamilton, along with the other venues, is clearly marked on this site.
Take the weird attitude somewhere else, please.

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”