Save The Last Dance For Me

A new, growing section for more exciting news
MaryB

Save The Last Dance For Me

Post by MaryB »

Dear Mr. LC,

You can't believe how thrilled we were when we first heard you do this cover. In addition to playing your music on jukeboxes wherever we go, this is a song we play all the time. The Drifters should be in awe of your rendition, especially, the fun filled impromtu performance of the can-can in Paris.

In the past, you have done additional covers, ie.; 'The Partisan', 'La Manic', 'Choices',..... to the great delight of your appreciative audience.

I was never a great fan of the TV show Rosanne, but there was an episode where her youngest son asked her,
"Was I an accident?'
Roseanne, "No, you were a surprise."
Son, "What's the difference?"
Roseanne, "An accident is a bad thing that happens. A surprise is something that you did not expect, but turns out to be a wonderful thing."

You, Mr. LC, give us constant surprises. 'A Singer Must Die', in Sligo, not only surprised your adoring audience, but also your band and crew. What a beautiful gift!

When you first performed 'Save the Last Dance', your gave us the tiniest glimpse into your personal song preferences. I don't know if you can understand what a priviledge it is for us to be privy to this intimate aspect of your life and I thank you for it.

Given your vast catalogue, I know it is so very hard to satisfy everyone (I am always 'satisfied'), but we do love the surprises you give us. Whether, it is a song that has not been performed in concert, or a cover you choose to perform, these surprises are a blessed gift to us.

Now I am going way out on a limb (and please, forum members do not crucify me for this), I have a personal request for a 'surprise'. In Amsterdam, the song 'Sway' (Dean Martin). You would nail it and put the original to shame. OMG, I can't believe that I asked for this in the wee hours of the morning, but...........

Warmest regards,
Mary (I have more York Pepperming Patties 8) :D )
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
sharon.e

Re: Save The Last Dance For Me

Post by sharon.e »

Crucifix (and Magen David) remain well stowed, as I only have this to add:
Sway is one of my all time favorite songs.
From Dean Martin's to Pussycat Dolls dance floor renditions, to say I love it would be an understatement :-)
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”