http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpre ... -1-6005919
James T

Re: 'Win Leonard Cohen tickets' for Leeds

Post by James T »

Thanks for the link, appreciated
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

involves a quiz - but not the hardest question ever!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
James T

Post by James T »

Must admit, I had to check wikipedia.... ;-)
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

James T wrote:Must admit, I had to check wikipedia.... ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck James.

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
James T

Post by James T »

Gotta tell you Robert, I'm desperate to win tickets for this show! Would love to check this venue out also, been told it's great. I'm with First Direct bank, I wonder if they have any comps?? Again, I live in hope.
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Good luck!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

James T wrote:Gotta tell you Robert, I'm desperate to win tickets for this show! Would love to check this venue out also, been told it's great.
We were there for the Springsteen show in July. We thought the sound was truly awful, really muddy and indistinct. This is a brand new venue, you would have thought that sound quality would have been top of their list of priorities when designing the place but apparently not.

I have my fingers crossed that the UHTC will manage to make the venue sound somewhat sweeter ....

Wendy
James T

Post by James T »

Weird, I head that show went great in terms of sound! Think I managed to get some tickets for free, top!
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
James T wrote:Gotta tell you Robert, I'm desperate to win tickets for this show! Would love to check this venue out also, been told it's great.
We were there for the Springsteen show in July. We thought the sound was truly awful, really muddy and indistinct. This is a brand new venue, you would have thought that sound quality would have been top of their list of priorities when designing the place but apparently not.

I have my fingers crossed that the UHTC will manage to make the venue sound somewhat sweeter ....

Wendy
That's concerning Wendy, I would have thought that acoustics would've been a priority for a purpose built venue. That said, I saw Springsteen at Hampden in June and the sound mix was shocking. Yes it was loud and filled the stadium, but the 'high end' was just missing completely. Fingers crossed for Saturday. :?

James - any update on your quest for tickets? I'm getting nervous for you! :lol:

Robert
James T

Post by James T »

Someone who couldn't use their tickets gave me some. What a great guy!

The world is a good place some days.
Last edited by James T on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James T

Post by James T »

Won some too! My dad will be happy he can go again, great weekend ahead. Trip to London to play some music tomorrow night, then up to leeds Saturday, then back home. Work Sunday though, will try and get that off!
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

James T wrote:Won some too! My dad will be happy he can go again, great weekend ahead. Trip to London to play some music tomorrow night, then up to leeds Saturday, then back home. Work Sunday though, will try and get that off!
Well done James! :D
James T

Post by James T »

Wow, won ANOTHER pair. The ones I was given I have given back! Shame cause I think they were much better seats. Wonder where comp winners will be. Either way, i have 2 pairs of seats to choose from, and 2 seats for whatever buddies I take. Sorry for winning 2 and stopping other people. I did enter 4 comps.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

James T wrote:Wow, won ANOTHER pair. The ones I was given I have given back! Shame cause I think they were much better seats. Wonder where comp winners will be. Either way, i have 2 pairs of seats to choose from, and 2 seats for whatever buddies I take. Sorry for winning 2 and stopping other people. I did enter 4 comps.
Bought your EuroMillions ticket for tonight yet? ;-)

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”