CONCERT REPORT: Bournemouth UK - Monday 26 August 2013

A new, growing section for more exciting news
hydriot

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Bournemouth UK - Monday 26 August 2013

Post by hydriot »

This was my only concert of this tour, and I delayed my return to Hydra to take it in (never seem to be in the right place at the right time).

While I of course enjoyed it, I am frustrated at Leonard's indifference to the beat he himself as written, often ignoring entirely the bar he is supposed to come in on, and then rushing the lyrics to catch up. I consider Everybody Knows to be one of his all time greatests, and perhaps his most beautifully bitter song, but it really has to be thumped out in time, every juicy line spat out with real venom ... yet Leonard has taken to delivering it in a totally laid-back style. "Hey, man, everybody wants a box of chocolates and a long-stem rose, don't they man? I mean, cool man."

It was frightening to think he was last at Bournemouth five years ago. Feels like only yesterday. How old we are all growing, and so fast.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Lloydterry

Post by Lloydterry »

It's nearly Closing Time at Bournemouth and Leonard's appreciative fans are on their feet. Soon, he'll be trying to leave us...
fans.jpg
Leonard4.jpg
1972 Leeds University, 2012 London Wembley Arena, 2013 Bournemouth.
jilly t

Post by jilly t »

Concert report for Bournemouth in today's mail on Sunday magazine
Frankfurt 1970, Isle of Wight 1970, Manchester Free Trade Hall1976, Manchester Opera House 2008 ,Manchester Arena 2008, Birmingham 2008 ,Liverpool 2009, Manchester and Leeds 2013.
Lloydterry

Post by Lloydterry »

jilly t wrote:Concert report for Bournemouth in today's mail on Sunday magazine
Thanks, Jilly, I don't normally get round to the Sunday magazines! The five-star review, by David Bennun, is in the Mail on Sunday's Event and all fans will agree with him when he says Leonard Cohen as a performer is now "right at the top of his game".
1972 Leeds University, 2012 London Wembley Arena, 2013 Bournemouth.

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”