AMSTERDAM MEETUP 20 SEPTEMBER

A new, growing section for more exciting news
gisi

Re: AMSTERDAM MEETUP 20 SEPTEMBER

Post by gisi »

I´d like to come, too.We are two, my mum and I and we would take drinks and maybe a light snack. Thanks for organizing a meet up!
Munich May 1988, Oberhausen November 2008, Cologne July 2009, Dortmund September2010, Mönchengladbach September2012 Oberhausen June 2013, Amsterdam September 2013
surrender

Post by surrender »

cohenadmirer wrote:What is the late night transport like from the venue back to central Amsterdam?
The last metro train to the centre is going at 0:33.
After that you can take the night bus, leaving every 30 minutes.

Just back from holidays, later today or tomorrow I'll give more detailed information about our meetup.

Kind regards,
Jarmila
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
sarsina

Post by sarsina »

cohenadmirer wrote:
Franks wrote:Not really related to the subject of this topic.
It is Leonard´s birthday the day after this concert.
Then we must sing ' Happy Birthday' . Perfectly acceptable the evening before
It was with that hope (singing for Leonard's birthday) that I chose the Amsterdam concert ! See you in Amsterdam, I come to the meetup (trying not to be late...)
gabri

Post by gabri »

Hi Jarmila,

Thank you for organising this.

We also would like to join in before the concert.

Gabriele & Reinhard
vickiwoodyard

Post by vickiwoodyard »

My son and I will be flying in from Atlanta to attend the show in Amsterdam and possibly in Rotterdam before that.
We would like to TRY for the meet-up. At this point we are looking for good tickets to the Amsterdam show.
Tinkie

Post by Tinkie »

Dear Jarmilla
If still possible please count me in !

Astrid
Tinkie

2008 : Lisboa, Vienna, Brussels 2x, Manchester - 2009 : Cologne, Antwerp, Lisboa, Barcelona
2010 : Gent 3x, Lille, Las Vegas 2x -2012 : Gent 5x, Verona, Paris, Lisboa -2013 : Paris, Antwerp, Brussels, Berlin, Dublin, Amsterdam
Conny

Post by Conny »

Dear Jarmila,

please count me in, if it's still possible!
Anyway, thanks for organising the meetup!
Looking forward to meeting you again :D

Conny
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam
surrender

Post by surrender »

Yes, of course, dear Tinkie and Conny, you are in, together with all the others, who have approached me - on the Forum, via PM or email or personally.

It is still possible to join the meetup, deadline is the morning, Monday 16th September, on that day I have to notify the manager of the Beat.
At the moment we are with 50+ and still growing.

I've mentioned earlier that it was not easy to find a place for us near to the Ziggo Dome. I am very happy that Liesbeth has been so kind to offer me her assistance.
We have found out that we can't manage without making some commitment for consumption (nowhere in this area). Under these circumstances we still think that the Beat is the best choice -nice place with enthousiastic, flexible and helpful manager Tom. Liesbeth has visited the Beat during my holidays, talked to Tom and this is the deal:

Part of the restaurant will be exclusively reserved for us and we will be served with warm and cold snacks (about 6 pieces per person). The price is 15 euro per person (drinks exclusive), it will be collected in the beginning of the meetup. We have also pointed out that there are many vegetarians among us, so I hope it will be OK. The agreement is that everybody is paying his/her drinks individually when leaving the Beat.

As an extra service they are ready to stay open for us for a drink after the concert as long as our group remains strong (about 30 persons). We can make up our mind during the pre-meetup and let them know.

I hope that you all can live with the arrangements we made, there was not much choice, we went for the most easy and informal option.

Looking forward to see you in the Beat, at 16:30,
wishing everybody safe journey,

kind regards,
Jarmila
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
Meritxell

Post by Meritxell »

Thank-you very much Jarmila!
Count also on me :D
1993: Barcelona.2008: Amsterdam.2009: New York, León, Cap Roig, Madrid, Barcelona. 2010: Florence, Marseille, Las Vegas x 2. 2012: Ghent, Amsterdam, Verona, Barcelona. 2013 Lucca, Berlin, Amsterdam
harald

Post by harald »

Perfect organization, Jarmila and Liesbeth!
Thanks!
Everything fine with us,
Regina and Harald

glad to see many friends (y amigas)!
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

surrender wrote: I hope that you all can live with the arrangements we made, there was not much choice, we went for the most easy and informal option.
Looking forward to see you in the Beat, at 16:30,
wishing everybody safe journey,
kind regards,
Jarmila
Jarmila,

Practical questions:

- is there a need to identify ourselves?
- many people won't be there till much later, suppose that is no problem?

Till Friday.
Janetld

Post by Janetld »

Thank you Jarmila and Liesbeth, it all sounds perfect.

Looking forward to meeting you all, Janet
surrender

Post by surrender »

TonVH wrote: Practical questions:

- is there a need to identify ourselves?
- many people won't be there till much later, suppose that is no problem?
Ton, no need of a (formal) identification. If you come to introduce yourself I'll be pleased.

No problem as such if you join us later; it will be convenient to know if you still intend to contribute. We (me and Liesbeth) have guaranteed the money the Beat expect from us (minim. 50 guests à 15 euro).

btw.: Why do you think that MANY people are coming MUCH later? My experience from previous meetups is different.

(Aldous L. Huxley)
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

surrender wrote:
TonVH wrote: btw.: Why do you think that MANY people are coming MUCH later? My experience from previous meetups is different.
I expect that most people will be Dutch (but I might be wrong since I never checked who was from which nationality) and the majority of those again will have a regular working day. So they might be there earliest at 18:00.

Also to be at the Ziggo Dome starting at 16:30 seems very early to me. The concert does not start until 20:00. Besides getting acquainted, eating a bit and drinking there is not much to do. It is all indoors.

But I do not have experience with meetings prior to the show. So who knows.
anny

Post by anny »

time flies.......when you're having fun !!!! ;-)

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”