Tickets for UK Concerts - end August -sent out yet?

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Mabeanie1

Re: Tickets for UK Concerts - end August -sent out yet?

Post by Mabeanie1 »

For some reason, my message insists on showing a cool smiley for the Birmingham show. Whilst I am delighted that Leonard is playing a venue within 30 mins drive of home, which might just warrant a cool smiley, I did actually type "Sept 8"!

Wendy
James T

Post by James T »

Manchester tickets arrived, so pumped for the show! Front row, looks nice too..
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Leeds tickets arrived yesterday.
... It's beginning to feel real ...
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
James T

Post by James T »

Must say though, I'm a little concerned about how the turn outs will be for the show... Manchester is a huge arena and there's still tickets left even for floor seats and competitions running to win tickets. Either way it will be AMAZING for me, but I always hate to think of a band looking at that black curtain they often bring out at the arena to cover the top tier opposite the stage...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

James T wrote:Must say though, I'm a little concerned about how the turn outs will be for the show... Manchester is a huge arena and there's still tickets left even for floor seats and competitions running to win tickets. Either way it will be AMAZING for me, but I always hate to think of a band looking at that black curtain they often bring out at the arena to cover the top tier opposite the stage...
You and me both James. And never mind the black curtain, empty seats will always affect the atmosphere at a show. Manchester and Leeds should have been sold out by now given that they are both on a Saturday night. Meanwhile, I have had e-mails from the LG Arena in Birmingham encouraging me to book tickets to see Leonard Cohen and, when I looked at availability, I could get row A on one side of the arena and row C on the other in the side blocks adjacent to the stage. Not a good sign at all. I suppose the fact that the show is on a Sunday doesn't help.

Personally, I think they left it much too long to announce the UK tour, leaving UK fans in a state of uncertainty as to whether and when the UK tour would happen and whether they would be able to get to a show. By the end of May, when the UK shows went on sale, many people who wanted to see a show had already decided to travel to somewhere in Europe. Not everyone is a "repeat offender" who wants to take in as many shows as they can.

Wendy
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Should've come to Scotland then. ;-)
To live outside the law you must be honest
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Zimmy66 wrote:Should've come to Scotland then. ;-)
I'd second that.

W
James T

Post by James T »

The tour was left in the balance for far too long. Although we knew it was coming, casual fans didn't have much of a clue and nor did those who are not really interested in an online forum etc...

I figured the venues would be either smaller, or the tour smaller but at arenas. Hopefully it will fill out, there's a lot of adverts around Manchester now I am seeing on my travels to and from work etc... Like I said in the competition thread, I think a lot of people will win those tickets because they really won't want to lose face over this. Although we on the forum have been treated very well with the tour info etc..., I think the promotion really took a back seat until they realised it's not an automatic sell-out now the "comeback" has been ongoing for so long.
morganventura

Post by morganventura »

Has anyone recieved tickets for Birmingham yet?
Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Received my tickets for Birmingham in yesterdays post.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Looks like we can assume all UK tickets have now been sent out
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”