Manchester Meet Up

A new, growing section for more exciting news
James T

Re: Manchester Meet Up

Post by James T »

Are you threatening to kung fu kick me? ;-)
suerussell

Post by suerussell »

Haha Rodin!!!

You always get one and you are ours! If we were all the same it would be a boring world eh??

Come and meet up with our lot in Leeds 4pm Ship Inn you will get a git big geordie hug... love the Cantona reference....he's a poet anarll!!! haha
phillip

Post by phillip »

One more week to Manchester I Can't wait too exciting :D
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Manchester.
So much to answer for.
Misunderstood
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

suerussell wrote:Haha Rodin!!!

You always get one and you are ours! If we were all the same it

would be a boring world eh??

Come and meet up with our lot in Leeds 4pm Ship Inn you will get a git big geordie hug... love the Cantona reference....he's a poet anarll!!! haha

Thanks for the invite Sue.
Problem I have is that women instantly fall for me, and I don't want to break any more hearts at the moment.
Misunderstood
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

cohenadmirer wrote:
Rodin wrote:i'll leave you to it then. The place is packed on a Saturday for a variety of reasons and with a variety of people inc post match fans. There are more interesting places in the Northern Quarter.
totally admit i have never been there on a saturday !
Rodin - you are vindicated . The old wellington was hellishly packed . We had to escape to somewhere a bit quieter for food and drink
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Interesting that all the smartarses who didn't listen to the Forum's guru about the meet up are quiet.
So how did it go?
Misunderstood
James T

Post by James T »

No idea who went. I know me and my buddies were in the NQ before the show and it was also an absolute nightmare. Town was crazy yesterday. Went to Fringe after the show for a nice bottle of Orval and that was pleasant.
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

I always go in Trof, bag a table near the bar.
Tip handsomely, get looked after.
Misunderstood
James T

Post by James T »

Surprised you had money left over to tip with their drinks prices. At least they'll put it to good use buying ANOTHER venue in Manchester to cater for the same lot.
James T

Post by James T »

Or they can just buy a nice quiet pub, try to make it into a hipster bar push the drinks prices up and chase away the regulars. Then they can shut it down when it's not so profitable.
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Maybe I'm different to you. I treat bar staff with respect and tip..
Looks like you and the other smararses fucked up.
Misunderstood
James T

Post by James T »

I never said I don't tip, but it was nice you got so worked up. Trof ain't for me, I think they're bad for the city. I don't tip at trof purely because I don't drink there any more.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Rodin wrote:Interesting that all the smartarses who didn't listen to the Forum's guru about the meet up are quiet.
So how did it go?
I think, but can't be certain , many Cohenites stayed there , and enjoyed the buzz. As for me , with a couple of friends went to the mitre around the corner , which served us ham , egg and delicious chunky chips within five minutes of ordering.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
margaret

Post by margaret »

It was was crowded, but I managed to meet a number of friends. Went elsewhere for some food then returned. I suppose whatever venue was suggested on here would have been crowded. Not everyone who reads this actually posts much any more, but they turn up!
It was a great night. Many thanks to cohenadmirer for the lift and putting up with my attempts at navigating. Thank heavens for sat nav.

Rodin, I see you changed your signature again. I liked the last one. :)

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”