URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
basecamp

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Postby basecamp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:31 pm

LHHUNTER wrote:I believe LC gave the go-ahead for these original concert dates but has since simply changed his mind and instructed AEG to reschedule.
I wonder if he would have changed dates in this way back in early stages of the 2008 tour when he was trying to establish himself again as a performer. Somehow I doubt he would have risked that.
He is in a very different comfortable place now knowing that wherever he goes the shows will sell out whatever ticket price is set.
LC has made a serious misjudgement here by taking his fans for granted.
I do understand that you are disappointed but that's low down, LLHUNTER. In this case you simply act like a troll!
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
TheWrongMan

Postby TheWrongMan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:37 pm

LHHUNTER wrote:I believe LC gave the go-ahead for these original concert dates but has since simply changed his mind and instructed AEG to reschedule.
I wonder if he would have changed dates in this way back in early stages of the 2008 tour when he was trying to establish himself again as a performer. Somehow I doubt he would have risked that.
He is in a very different comfortable place now knowing that wherever he goes the shows will sell out whatever ticket price is set.
LC has made a serious misjudgement here by taking his fans for granted.
Thanks for sharing your belief with us but I can't imagine what it could be based on.
I also find your final sentence puzzling. What terrible consequence do you foresee Mr Cohen facing due to this decision?
People will bitch and moan for a few more days then it will all fade into the past, just as it has done every other time that something like this has happened.
1993:London RAH 2008:London O2 x 2, London RAH, Brighton 2009:Weybridge, Liverpool, Barcelona 2010: Lille 2012:Wembly 2013:London O2
Hartmut

Postby Hartmut » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:45 pm

jarkko wrote:I also asked them to check why some members have not received the e-ticket.
Thank you, Jarkko!
Paul Zagreb

Postby Paul Zagreb » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:45 pm

jarkko wrote:My contact at AEG emailed that they re-sent the email last night to everybody who got tickets at our presale, to make sure that everybody is officially informed. That's why some of you got it twice.
I also asked them to check why some members have not received the e-ticket.
Thanks (as ever!) Jarkko -- got the email at about 230 am but no eticket as yet. I think I can make the revised date with some juggling but feel really sorry for those who cannot.
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Leonard's gonna have to think of a damn good opening line for London and Leeds!
FOXWOOD

Postby FOXWOOD » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:43 pm

It is evident that a mistake was made. It shouldn't have happened - but it did.
But I think we have to remember though, that the company who has made this mistake are the same company that have been good enough to give us presales to every concert.
It wasn't long ago that we were all thanking everyone involved for a smooth presale and fantastic seats.

For most people the change of date at Leeds will make things easier as the concert now moves from Thursday to a Saturday.
(The change of date in London however will make things a lot harder.)

I feel morally that AEG should compensate those who will lose most money due to airfares and hotel bookings that can't be used.
I would hope ( but have no reason to believe that this will happen) that they would consider reimbursing some forum members losses on an individual basis.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
holydove

Postby holydove » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 pm

John Etherington wrote:Leonard's gonna have to think of a damn good opening line for London and Leeds!
:lol: I like your humor, John - thank you for opening up the space a bit!! It's been getting rather claustrophobic. . . And on that note, I think I will practice my disappearing act. . .thanks again!
clive cass

Postby clive cass » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:56 pm

John Etherington and Davidfromealing and anyone else. If you wish to get into a debate about religion and whether these concerts should be postponed or not for such reasons then I would be happy to join in on another thread. The reasons for the postponements and the cock up in not preventing this situation are 2 very different things and to in anyway join them up is in my opinion very wrong and quite insulting to people who do follow any form of religeous observance.

LC Hunter your comments are unfounded and quite disparaging especially to someone we all admire and whom we know to have strong beliefs whatever those beliefs are. I do not view the world through rose tinted glass but I try not to find individuals guilty without any evidence and I have already been very vocal on this thread about what I consider to have been a major cock up and arguing that someone should be held accountable for peoples costs, disappointment and distress.

Davidfromealing I find your tone to be quite unpleasant on what is otherwise a friendly forum of LC fans who enjoy to banter about all things LC. I am tempted to add that as you can still make the concert (and presumably live in ealing so have not incurred any significant extra costs although you may have had to change other arrangements) that your tone is all the more unreasonable compared to someone who may now be missing the show as well as being hugely out of pocket however I would not expect this tine from anyone.

The fault must surely lie with Leonard's personal management who know his preferences and should have learned from a similar situation in Verona last year but whether we ever get to know the truth is another matter. It would be nice to receive a fuller statement and explanation from LC's management along with a persoanl apology from LC notwithstanding he himself may not be to blame. He is the only one, if anyone, we can trust, I think.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
DavidfromEaling

Postby DavidfromEaling » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Clive Cass. Although my username is Davidfromealing I've actually moved from there since I signed up to this forum and now live outside London, although still on the tube.

I'm not sure what time the show will end. The website says it starts at 6pm, but that is probably just doors open at 6. The tickets say doors 6.30, so it's been brought forward by half an hour. If it starts at 7pm, lasts for 3+ hours and has an interval, the chances are that it won't finish until after 10.30, after which there's only one tube I can get, at 10.51. On the Saturday there would have been three.

So it might be a case of either leaving the show early or finding a hotel. Neither of those would apply if the event was still on the Saturday. For me, it was the first music event for ages which was on a Saturday. Wonderful, I thought - don't have to go from work, can still get home.

Oh well, I'll have to think again.
Rodin

Postby Rodin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:10 pm

I can recommend my lawyers, Sue, Grabbit & Runne for any claims.
Misunderstood
Zimmy66

Postby Zimmy66 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Rodin wrote:I can recommend my lawyers, Sue, Grabbit & Runne for any claims.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, this will be my last post on this thread on the advice of a conversation I had today with my lawyer. As noted earlier in this thread, a coach and horses could quite easily be driven through the T&Cs - especially in light of the wording of the email and public announcement. So sad that it has come to this.
To live outside the law you must be honest
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:25 pm

DavidfromEaling wrote:I'm not sure what time the show will end. The website says it starts at 6pm, but that is probably just doors open at 6. The tickets say doors 6.30, so it's been brought forward by half an hour. If it starts at 7pm, lasts for 3+ hours and has an interval, the chances are that it won't finish until after 10.30, after which there's only one tube I can get, at 10.51.
The 21 June show at the O2 was due to start at 7:30 pm and finish at 11:00 pm. However, it started 15 minutes late and ran on till 11:15 pm. I imagine the September show will be the same though there may not be the same 15 mins leeway after curfew time on a Sunday.

None of which helps you if your last tube is 10:51 but at least you know what to expect.

Wendy

Attachment from a recent eBay listing:
Passes and London show times.JPG
James-on-tour

Postby James-on-tour » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:50 pm

clive cass wrote:I have just noticed that the date for Verona in 2012 was changed for the same reason ie it originally fell on Yom Kippur. This would seem to absolve Leonard himself of blame this time (not that I or anyone else I have read has blamed him despite any evidence as to who's fault this is) as Verona would suggest that Leonard's preference not to perform on Yom Kippur was well established.

We cannot however determine whether the blame lies with Leonard's personal management or AEG but my instinct tells me that it is for his personal management to ensure that his personal requirements are adhered to. AEG can only take instructions from Leonard's management or if AEG propose a schedule it is then for Leonard's management to check and approve.

My views about compensation that I have reiterated several times on this thread remain as firm as ever and now even more so.
To me this makes this fiasco even worse. If it happened in 2012 how stupid do they have to be to repeat the bull.... in 2013.
A number of us are experienced at planning trips etc and we make sure that they do not clash with anything major.
It beggers belief .....
crystal

Postby crystal » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Ever since I first heard it Night Comes on became one of my favorites because of the lines
"and here's to the few who forgive what you do and the fewer who don't even care.."
Since 2008 I went to two or three concerts a year. We plan our holidays around them and since rescheduling the European Dates in the spring of 2010 I never buy nonrefundable tickets or hotels. I am really not rich, I don't own car or house or apartement but I make choices. My choices can be influenced by circumstances I may or may not like. Out of more than three hundred concerts how many were rescheduled or cancelled? I would guess less than 5%.
I read law and was apprentice to a judge in a small claims court. Not in England but in Germany but never ever would a judge have been sympathetic to a complaint of money loss in air fare or hotels because of a rescheduled concert.
I remember that in 2010 when the concerts in France were rescheduled quite a few fans reported how they explained the situation to hotels and airline and train companies and succeeded. Maybe it's worth to try it.
Yes, I am sympathetic to those who lose money over this. I know how it feels. I was in the same situation in 2010. But I am not sympathetic of this bitter tone. We really dont't have reason to be bitter.
If you want to hit me I will be in Berlin and Cardiff and Brighton.
What I find annoying is that in every country I went to concerts before, I had tickets in hand after max. 10 days of paying.With AXS they have my money since the first day of fan presale but no tickets delivered.
Wishing you a nice day, Christel
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:17 pm

crystal wrote:What I find annoying is that in every country I went to concerts before, I had tickets in hand after max. 10 days of paying.With AXS they have my money since the first day of fan presale but no tickets delivered.
Wishing you a nice day, Christel
It is common practice in the UK to delay sending tickets for popular shows. They do this to in an attempt to beat the ticket touts (scalpers in the US). All ticket agencies and some venues in the UK do it for some shows.

We are used to it here but I can understand that it may seem strange to someone who is based in a country where tickets are almost always sent out immediately.

Wendy

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”