MEETUP BRUSSELS June 30th

A new, growing section for more exciting news
frankandme

MEETUP BRUSSELS June 30th

Post by frankandme » Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi to all of you visiting Manneken-Piss' hometown for Leonard's concert on June 30th :)

In a first attempt to find a suitable place for a meet-up it looks like possibilities in the area next to the venue are scarce.

Marie-Astrid and I checked out one that could fit but we will still have to negotiate snacks and some reserved seating, as the place seems to be popular in the neighbourhood.

Therefore could you let me know if you would like to attend.

I also intend to make nametags. If you would like one, please send me an email at martinenevens@gmail.com
providing: your full name - city/country - forum name

With the kind input and expertise of Maarten I also hope to get some lanyards ready in time ;-)

Further details will follow ASAP
Last edited by frankandme on Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anny

Re: Meet-up Brussels June 30th

Post by anny » Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 am

for the meet-up in antwerp I need a lanyard but I would like one with the UH logo and did'nt know who to contact
if I understand correctly I should contact Maarten ?

thanks for the idea
anny
frankandme

Post by frankandme » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 am

anny wrote:for the meet-up in antwerp I need a lanyard but I would like one with the UH logo and did'nt know who to contact
if I understand correctly I should contact Maarten ?

thanks for the idea
anny
Not exactly Anny, Maarten will help me with the design. We were actually having them made for Brussels but I will try to make some more and bring them to Antwerp for those who'd like one.
anny

Post by anny » Tue May 28, 2013 1:44 am

really ??? :) so happy and gratefull for your help !!!

thank you soooooo much
looking forward meeting you in antwerp !
frankandme

Post by frankandme » Tue May 28, 2013 10:52 am

anny wrote:really ??? :) so happy and gratefull for your help !!!

thank you soooooo much
looking forward meeting you in antwerp !
YVW! see you there
frankandme

Re: MEETUP BRUSSELS June 30th

Post by frankandme » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Dear friends,

Here’s a little more info about our meetup before the concert on June 30th.

Meeting place: BAR DU MATIN
Chaussée d'Alsemberg 172 / 1190 Forest-Brussels
Tel: 02 537 71 59

Venue : Forest National - Vorst Nationaal
Avenue Victor Rousseau 208
1190 Forest-Brussels

'Bar du Matin' is about a 20 min walk from the venue, most of it flat or down hill. It's an easy walk to 'Forest National' mainly alongside a park.

If you don't feel like walking, bus 54 stops right in front of the bar and drops you off in front of the venue in less than 10 min./ 5 stops. On Sunday it runs at 00.04 - 00.24 - 00.44 past the hour.

As there will be around 40 of us, an area will be reserved inside and another one outside on the terrace. So let's hope the weather gods are on our side.

They don't have an extensive food menu: light snacks, mainly a variety of 'crêpes sucrées & salées' (salt & sweet pancakes) and 'croque-monsieur' (ham & cheese sandwiches) but it will sure be healthier than the greasy burgers and sausages offered around the venue ;-) Drinks of all kinds, of course.

There is a metro stop 'ALBERT' right outside the bar. It's on line 3 or 4, conveniently connecting with the center of Brussels.

If you are coming by car, I think it's wise to park somewhere in between the meeting place and the venue and not move it till after the concert. There is very little parking space around the venue and you might find it impossible to park after our gathering. The best place to park would be along “avenue Victor Rousseau”. If you get there between 4.30 and 5 pm it shouldn’t be a problem.

I suggest we meet at 'Bar du Matin' around 5 pm.

Nametags are ready for those who asked. Lanyards as well, so no need to bring one.

If you have any questions please send me an email, I'd gladly help if I can.

I'm sending a confirmation mail with maps and details to all those on my list.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Martine
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:35 am

Would love to join the meetup.
Could you add me to your list ?
Many thanks
David
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
frankandme

Post by frankandme » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:59 am

cohenadmirer wrote:Would love to join the meetup.
Could you add me to your list ?
Many thanks
David

Done ;-)

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”