PRESALE TO THE UK SHOWS

A new, growing section for more exciting news
cpl593h

Re: BRITISH TOUR

Post by cpl593h » Sat May 25, 2013 10:16 am

catswhiskers wrote:PANIC---have had no access to computer this week--now got back on line expecting to see very exciting comments about the UK tour--but nothing! Did I dream that this was now agreed and presales were to start? Am seriously worrying about my sanity!! If it was a dream--then it was a very nice one :) Have been checking all previous threads--but can't see what I thought I had seen--have finally lost the plot I think.Guess I must need professional help :roll:
er...is it April the 1st?!
cohenadmirer

Re: BRITISH TOUR

Post by cohenadmirer » Sat May 25, 2013 10:56 am

catswhiskers wrote:PANIC---have had no access to computer this week--now got back on line expecting to see very exciting comments about the UK tour--but nothing! Did I dream that this was now agreed and presales were to start? Am seriously worrying about my sanity!! If it was a dream--then it was a very nice one :) Have been checking all previous threads--but can't see what I thought I had seen--have finally lost the plot I think.Guess I must need professional help :roll:
Maybe in retrospect this brilliant presale had some characteristics of a wish fulfillment type dream. However it remains very real.No need for professional help - just need to click on the link at the start of this thread and good seats are still available
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
StBruno

Re: PRESALE TO THE UK SHOWS

Post by StBruno » Sat May 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Vicomte wrote: I do believe you are speaking of Bournemouth St Bruno?

That being the case, shall we meet up again and this time partake of Bournemouth's finest. We shall be the same three as ever.
Bournemouth it is; LC's turn of phrase is nicer than mine (I always thought of the BIC as a soulless concrete box until the UHTC showed up). Be good to meet you all again. Lynne should be coming too, though I've not dared to tell her I've bought the tickets yet.
...like one who believes
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte » Sat May 25, 2013 6:21 pm

StBruno wrote:
Vicomte wrote: I do believe you are speaking of Bournemouth St Bruno?

That being the case, shall we meet up again and this time partake of Bournemouth's finest. We shall be the same three as ever.
Bournemouth it is; LC's turn of phrase is nicer than mine (I always thought of the BIC as a soulless concrete box until the UHTC showed up). Be good to meet you all again. Lynne should be coming too, though I've not dared to tell her I've bought the tickets yet.
OK, good news, sure Lynne will be fine.......

Can we meet up outside the venue, or? We are going to reserve a parking place at the venue as we will driving in from Chichester.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
fusional

Post by fusional » Sat May 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Yet another thanks to Jarkko from me. And to Leonard's team for working with him for this presale.

Two good seats for Brighton, another trip with my sis, looking forward to it enormously.
blink

Post by blink » Sun May 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Only just found out about this Many Thanks to all who made this possible especially Jarkko & Marie. Only complaint is service charge fee on the tickets £10.25 per £75 ticket Ouch! Thats 15% & seems excessive certainly most ive ever paid. Doesnt seem to have any rhyme or reason as on the lowest price £25 tix service charge is only £2.70 go figure
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:33 pm

The tickets for the UK shows are amongst the cheapest tickets for a Leonard show anywhere in the world, even with the fees. Top price "standard" ticket for a North American show works out at between £160 and £180 - almost twice the price. Even my Dublin tickets came in at around £105 with fees etc compared with £88 all in for a ticket to a UK show. Not only that but the top price of £75 (before fees and postage) is unchanged from 5 years ago. Let's not carp at how the total price of £88 per ticket is made up.

Wendy
blink

Post by blink » Sun May 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Fair point Wendy if you look at it like that, extra fees have just always been a bit of a bug bear with me thats all & seem to have crept up considerably over the years.
As you say though compared to what some are paying it is good value. Golly glad im not in North America or a Rolling Stones fan :D
Best Wishes
clive cass

Post by clive cass » Sun May 26, 2013 11:20 pm

My prediction on March 13 in no particular order

Brighton or Bornemouth
Cardiff
London
Birmingham or Nottingham
Manchester or Liverpool
Leeds or Sheffield
Newcastle
Glasgow

From August 28 to September 15

I did not see Dublin as an option as Jarkko had said there would be no return to ireland and thought Leonard would go to scotland for at least one show.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:47 am

clive cass wrote:My prediction on March 13 in no particular order

Brighton or Bornemouth
Cardiff
London
Birmingham or Nottingham
Manchester or Liverpool
Leeds or Sheffield
Newcastle
Glasgow

From August 28 to September 15

I did not see Dublin as an option as Jarkko had said there would be no return to ireland and thought Leonard would go to scotland for at least one show.
Close, but no cigar. ;-)
To live outside the law you must be honest
DockOfTheBay

Post by DockOfTheBay » Mon May 27, 2013 2:53 pm

The opening date of The Hydro Arena in Glasgow has been shifted from early September to late September to allow Rod Stewart to open it. (And also to enable them to catch up from the inevitable on-going delays I would guess.)

So it's possible Leonard had a concert scheduled there and it was then cancelled as a result of the re-arranged dates...?
Fanfan

Post by Fanfan » Mon May 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Dear Jarkko, the list of concerts in Europe is complete?
Can we expect other concerts, and also in France?
Thank you for everything!
:)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:15 pm

DockOfTheBay wrote:The opening date of The Hydro Arena in Glasgow has been shifted from early September to late September to allow Rod Stewart to open it. (And also to enable them to catch up from the inevitable on-going delays I would guess.)

So it's possible Leonard had a concert scheduled there and it was then cancelled as a result of the re-arranged dates...?
Interesting update - thanks DockOfTheBay. I see the Andrea Bocelli concert originally scheduled for September 15 has been put back to late November. According to the information we have, Leonard will have completed his European tour before the new venue opens.

Though I don't understand why are they claiming that Rod Stewart will be opening the new venue. According to the venue website, no less a star than Stacey Solomon will be playing 4 nights there immediately before Rod, starring as Tinkerbell in Peter Pan - The Never Ending Story.

Wendy
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 pm

There are still sufficient gaps in the schedule to include scotland, though of course gaps in the schedule = rest for a man approaching his 79th birthday (or 80th glorious year to put it another way )
It will be a surprise if it happens.....just as Dublin was!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
DockOfTheBay

Post by DockOfTheBay » Mon May 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:
DockOfTheBay wrote:The opening date of The Hydro Arena in Glasgow has been shifted from early September to late September to allow Rod Stewart to open it. (And also to enable them to catch up from the inevitable on-going delays I would guess.)

Interesting update - thanks DockOfTheBay. I see the Andrea Bocelli concert originally scheduled for September 15 has been put back to late November. According to the information we have, Leonard will have completed his European tour before the new venue opens.

Though I don't understand why are they claiming that Rod Stewart will be opening the new venue. According to the venue website, no less a star than Stacey Solomon will be playing 4 nights there immediately before Rod, starring as Tinkerbell in Peter Pan - The Never Ending Story.

Wendy
I believe (through comments on the venue's Facebook page from disappointed and annoyed consumers) that Peter Pan has been moved to Hall 4 of the SECC to enable his royal Rodness to be the definitive opening act for the venue.

I truely believe Leonard was scheduled to play The Hydro, especially given jarkko's previous comments regarding some of the tour route being "still under construction" (I took that comment to mean the literal sense, rather than it referring to the itinerary)

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”